Battle Ground, WA

Posted April 17, 2014
So far, it is a very nice experience I am having at CAM Academy, compared to previous schools I've attended. For one, the learning atmosphere is so much better. A lot of people I have met here are friendly and well-mannered, and there is diversity within the population. We don't have to worry too much about being bullied. Also, the overall curriculum is more rigorous compared to average schools, and the school provides good preparation for colleges. I have taken honors and AP classes at other schools but CAM tends to have better instructors. Plus, the teachers are able to better get to know their students due to the school's small size, so the experience is more personal. They are also willing to help if we have any questions. Another thing that I like is how CAM puts emphasis on having a good character, because being moral should be considered an important trait to have. A common complaint is the lack of elective classes here. Having a good time at this school depends on the type of student you are, if you are more of an artist or an athlete than mainly into academics, you might be better off at another school and just taking more advanced classes than the usual.

Cam Jr Sr High School 1

Posted April 30, 2013
My kids live outside the Battleground city limits. When I came in with my child on the test day after registering. I was told by the Principal of the school. "We are full". "Since you live outside the Battleground boundaries you do not have a chance to get in anyways." Check on line for makeup days and if there is any room after everyone else takes the test then maybe you can try. And oh by the way the older child don't even bother. We have just a few openings for that grade level and Battleground kids get first opportunity. I would not recommend this school. If by all means your child had a issue I would not want to deal with this Lady on any level. Try another school.

Posted May 17, 2011
We have two students that attend CAM. They've had very good if not excellent teachers. The atmosphere is unlike any school you'll likely see. The students work diligently in class and aren't easily distracted. Their focus is definitively academic, allowing them to pursue whatever interests them artistically or physically outside of school or Wednesday. There is a religious element to it, in that there seems to be many nonsecular students there. I believe the word is out at the private Christian schools, that this is the place to send your child for a less expensive education. Both of my kids are aware of this and the Christian kids are respectful at school in keeping their opinions private. Parent involvement is what you'd expect at such an academically rigorous school. I would only suggest this school to parents that have children that are focused and self motivated, for others this may be an unpleasant experience. This is a great school if you know what to expect.

Posted November 20, 2010
Amazing school in mediocre school district! This school is a gem in the rough! The teachers are the best of the best & the staff keeps the parents very informed. The schedule is unique & won't work for every family. The students have to fulfill their art & PE outside of CAM. The students are expected to be respectful & responsible & there is no tolerance for misbehavior whatsoever. Children who care about their education flourish here! The workload is not as bad as we expected but the children need to stay on track or they could quickly fall behind. My only small complaint is that there is a large percentage of students who are there because they are religious & there is some talk about religion among the students. BUT there are plenty of other students who are secular & are there to learn & not concerned with others' religion or lack thereof. I think a lot of parents think CAM is a safe place for Christian children to not be exposed to the 'real' world but as a totally secular parent, I see it as an education opportunity. WE LOVE CAM & the staff!!!

Cam Jr Sr High School 4

Posted October 24, 2010
The teachers really enjoy teaching, my daughter loves it.

Posted February 27, 2010

Posted February 27, 2010

Cam Jr Sr High School 3

Posted March 08, 2009

Cam Jr Sr High School 0

Posted September 12, 2008
I've attended CAM since 6th grade and am now a Junior. My older brother has also atteneded CAM from 7th grade until he graduated (we were also involved in Homelink from Kindergarten until we started CAM), so my family and myself are very familiar with the school. I would not describe CAM as well rounded simply because their goals for the school and its students are extremely focused in specific areas. I found the main benifit of this to be that students have the tools and are presented with the ability to succeed. Academically I trust CAM, believe they do excell the norm, and although it was difficult I am glad I have attended CAM because I feel well prepared for college. Socially, however, it cam be difficult if a person does not fit the standard. Students are always kind to new commers and the teachers are great.

Posted August 31, 2008

Cam Jr Sr High School
715 NW Onsdorff Blvd, Battle Ground, WA  98604
Last modified Cam Jr Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cam Jr Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top