St Brendan Parish School 2

Posted March 22, 2015
I have attended the school. The fifth to eighth grade science teacher is amazing. He is very engaging and enjoys teaching. The eighth grade teacher is also an amazing teacher. Some of the other teachers on the other hand are quite the opposite. A girl was being bullied a bit from about third grade until sixth grade. None of the teacher (until sixth grade) did anything about it. The fifth grade teacher at the time had been informed and said she would pay closer attention to the student harassing the girl. Nothing changed. The sixth grade/seventh grade language arts/literature teacher was the first to step up and make a change. She arranged a meeting between the two kids, had them talk, and then had them make some decisions to avoid conflicts in the future. The school needs electives. Art, music, and technology are mandatory. These classes had some major problems in the past. Especially music and technology. Art was great for a while until the teacher left part way through the year. Other classes are typically fine, but the principal should come around the classrooms more often.
5 people found this helpful

Posted March 20, 2015
My family has been at St. Brendan School for 7 years. We are very happy with the teachers and the principal. Our principal is retiring at the end of this school year. I am sad to see our principal go as she has been a great principal. She is strict and effective and that is what we need at our school. She may be to strict for some parents and students and that may be the reason for the bad reviews below. I am amazed at how thoughtful and caring the students and parents are when our family has gone through rough times due to health issues. I feel lucky to be a part of this school and community. My kids have done very well at St. Brendan, not only academically but also are respectful and caring individuals.

Posted March 18, 2015
As a past parent, I agreed with this post 1000% Posted July 07, 2013 - a community member I'll leave an accurate review as soon as I know the principal is no longer working there. When our child was at St. Brendan, the current principal did the right thing but she went back on her words to us three days later; she did not follow the school handbook that she approved. I went two steps higher, a register letter with return signature, still no acknowledgment, still no reply. FIVE stars for the excellent, caring teachers and staff
6 people found this helpful

St Brendan Parish School 2

Posted February 08, 2015
St. Brendan asked its School Commission board members to write positive reviews on Greatschools.org at the October 2014 meeting. The board includes the priest, the principal, and a handful of involved parents. This is unethical, and it doesn't address some of the problems addressed in these reviews. The school has a great science program. The teacher is enthusiastic and gets the students excited about science. The art and music teachers are exceptional as well. The homeroom teachers are hit and miss. Some grades have excellent homeroom teachers, but others are weak and don't live up to the mission of the school. Unfortunately, many parents are cliquish, snobby, and rude. And since parents are required to volunteer during the school year, there is no avoiding them.
30 people found this helpful

Posted January 13, 2015
Catholic schools that are thriving have engaged pastoral leadership. St. Brendan's does not. Catholic schools that are successful have compassionate principals. St. Brendan's does not. Catholic schools whose teachers nurture their students have happy children and waiting lists. St. Brendan does not. This school needs an overhaul from top to bottom. Trust what the majority of reviewers on this blog have to say. It's true.
47 people found this helpful

Posted October 13, 2014
Our oldest child graduated from the school last year and we have another chlid still at the school. We have been there for the past ten years and are very happy with the principal, the teachers and the community of parents. We would like to see the pastor more involved in the school though.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 29, 2013
Students, very cliquish. Parents, some of the meanest people you'll ever meet. Teachers, not helpful. Principal, needs to be fired. School Building, will collapse any day. This school is going nowhere, trust me, I went through it, whatever you do, don't send your kids here, it's a living nightmare, don't listen to anyone that says this school is good. All the principal cares about is money, and she hardly helps anyone. The reviews you see by students, were the ones told by teachers to write those reviews since they all know the school is a complete dump. If you're sending your kid there, think again, you could be doing the opposite of a favor for them, and maybe even ruining they're childhood...
21 people found this helpful

Posted October 18, 2013
I'm graduating St. B this year and I seriously don't want to leave my friends...no they're my family. Even the people I'm not really friends with, I still love them like brothers and sisters. Sure, the school has it's goods and bass but don't all schools? The teachers are great and try to help you as much as possible without giving you the answers. However, they challenge you, but only as much as you can handle and they really prepare you for high school. The science teacher is AWESOME! He answers your questions with a question and makes you think about the possibilities, but in the end you always know what you need to know. Also, the 6th grade homeroom/ 7th grade Lit and L.A. teacher is the best writing teacher in the world. I came to her as a terrible writer, but with her help, I can know say what I have to say clearly and thoroughly in any form of writing: expository, persuasive, stories, fiction/ nonfiction, etc. Since there is only one class per grade, everyone knows everybody. We function as a group so no one is left out. Everyone gets a chance in the spotlight with different roles and jobs. I love this school and honestly I wish it went through high school up till college.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 10, 2013
We sent our daughter here for the smaller/Christian school environment. She made friends quickly but we were unhappy with the "cliquish" parents more than anything. They have their own little groups, excluding others, even kids. I think the principal has a lot of responsibility placed upon her, not an easy job. A vice principal might help the school a lot. We moved our daughter over to a Northshore School and she is doing great. Parents seem so much more welcoming and accepting. I would not recommend this school, some of the parents need to take a look in the mirror and remind themselves why they are sending their kids there because they are not practicing what they preach.
14 people found this helpful

Posted July 07, 2013
11 people found this helpful

St Brendan Parish School
10049 Northeast 195th Street, Bothell, WA  98011
Last modified St Brendan Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Brendan Parish School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top