Bothell, WA

Posted October 13, 2014
Our oldest child graduated from the school last year and we have another chlid still at the school. We have been there for the past ten years and are very happy with the principal, the teachers and the community of parents. We would like to see the pastor more involved in the school though.

Posted October 29, 2013
Students, very cliquish. Parents, some of the meanest people you'll ever meet. Teachers, not helpful. Principal, needs to be fired. School Building, will collapse any day. This school is going nowhere, trust me, I went through it, whatever you do, don't send your kids here, it's a living nightmare, don't listen to anyone that says this school is good. All the principal cares about is money, and she hardly helps anyone. The reviews you see by students, were the ones told by teachers to write those reviews since they all know the school is a complete dump. If you're sending your kid there, think again, you could be doing the opposite of a favor for them, and maybe even ruining they're childhood...

Posted October 18, 2013
I'm graduating St. B this year and I seriously don't want to leave my friends...no they're my family. Even the people I'm not really friends with, I still love them like brothers and sisters. Sure, the school has it's goods and bass but don't all schools? The teachers are great and try to help you as much as possible without giving you the answers. However, they challenge you, but only as much as you can handle and they really prepare you for high school. The science teacher is AWESOME! He answers your questions with a question and makes you think about the possibilities, but in the end you always know what you need to know. Also, the 6th grade homeroom/ 7th grade Lit and L.A. teacher is the best writing teacher in the world. I came to her as a terrible writer, but with her help, I can know say what I have to say clearly and thoroughly in any form of writing: expository, persuasive, stories, fiction/ nonfiction, etc. Since there is only one class per grade, everyone knows everybody. We function as a group so no one is left out. Everyone gets a chance in the spotlight with different roles and jobs. I love this school and honestly I wish it went through high school up till college.

Posted August 10, 2013
We sent our daughter here for the smaller/Christian school environment. She made friends quickly but we were unhappy with the "cliquish" parents more than anything. They have their own little groups, excluding others, even kids. I think the principal has a lot of responsibility placed upon her, not an easy job. A vice principal might help the school a lot. We moved our daughter over to a Northshore School and she is doing great. Parents seem so much more welcoming and accepting. I would not recommend this school, some of the parents need to take a look in the mirror and remind themselves why they are sending their kids there because they are not practicing what they preach.

Posted July 07, 2013
I'll leave an accurate review as soon as I know the principal is no longer working there.

Posted June 26, 2013
I found St. Brendan to be a very warm welcoming community. Even though I was a student only for the eighth grade year I felt like if it was a 9 year experience with faculty and staff. St. Brendan made me grow into a person full of good values and skills that will help me in my future. All of those things I definitely capitalized them and they helped me in high school and now going to college. I found great long lasting friends who I still keep in touch. I highly recommend the school for those parents who wants their children to have prestigious and rewarding catholic education. also there is a lot of things that boys and girls can get into as extracurricular activities that they will enjoy. the community gives a lot of encouragement to everyone to continue their education. I felt that way. I am so thankful of ending up in a school that cares for its families.

Posted June 12, 2013
I don't believe these other reviews are actually from parents. The principal has actually told teachers to write their own reviews. These are very biased. Do not believe them. Also to the principal, get ahold of me. Or I will come to you. You haven't talked to me since I graduated, but I have to talk to you about your choices.

Posted June 03, 2013
We are the parents of two wonderful students who have benefited greatly from the education they have received at St. Brendan and we highly recommend the school to anyone. We have one student in high school now and she was very well prepared by her years at St. Brendan. The teachers at St. Brendan set the bar high, but give the kids the tools to succeed. If you choose to send your child to a Parochial or private school you need to plan on being involved in and present at the school, which is definitely family oriented. In recent years the school has added a pre-school, before and after school care, and the selection of extracurricular activities has grown greatly. These new additions have benefitted the school, which only keeps improving year after year. We will be leaving the school this year as our youngest child graduates and we will leave with nothing but gratitude for the principal, teachers and community.

St Brendan Parish School 4

Posted June 02, 2013
We have loved having our kids attend the school. We have met some great families who we will consider life long friends. Most of the teachers are very caring and want to see your child succeed. We have had a great relationship with the principal. She has been fair and respectful to our kids. The kids have developed good study habits and will be/were ready for high school after 8th grade. We would recommend the school for sure!

Posted June 02, 2013
I found this site while looking for a new school to move our children from St. Brendan's.Student teacher ratio is not 20/1, the class size is to be capped at 30 at least one class has 31.The aides in each class(very nice) are not teachers they are parents.We never thought we would leave, we have graduated 2 kids who attended amazing catholic high schools and are on to Catholic colleges.Since the current principal took over about 7 years ago the school has drastically declined in every aspect.The community spirit that was once unbeatable is no longer.We now have students admitted that are in need of special accommodations that St. Brendan's doesn't offer. In my daughters class there are 2 boys who yell, hit and lack self control. Not the child's fault! He needs special resources to help him succeed and be happy.Each time we have approached the principal to resolve this situation we are told she will take care of it.Nothing has ever changed four years we have endured not one but two impulsive children that bully and taunt in her class.With sadness we are leaving our friends and amazing priest, it all comes back to the lack of leadership and poor choices of the current principal.

St Brendan Parish School
10049 Northeast 195th Street, Bothell, WA  98011
Last modified St Brendan Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Brendan Parish School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top