Bremerton, WA

Esquire Hills Elementary School 5

Posted January 08, 2015
We transferred our children one with special needs this year and are very pleased with thethe entire staff the principal is amazing she really involves the children and staff in great projects and a postive learning environment, the classroom setting is very accommodating and the learning specialist is phenomenal. I am so glad they also have the Champions after school care they have really helped with tutoring my children and provide a wonderful caring environment, my kids never want to leave because they love what they are learning. Overall this school I'd great, the only thing that would make it better would be to add an art program and have more after school activities but with the new PTA whom also is amazing they I know are working on it. But still a great school all those problems posted below were under the old prinipal and are completely untrue in 2014-2015
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 10, 2012
The school secetary who sits up front to the left is rude, they do not help children who are behind, saying "give them time, they will catch up". Many of the teacher rooms are 'busy' and not appropriate for children with sensory issues. Principal seems to care, so I am not sure exactly what is going on.

Esquire Hills Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2012
This school is horrible! The staff does not care about the kids, the people in the office are rude, and the teacher my child had was so mean to the kids that they were scared of her. Every parent I talked to felt this way. The school won't let you be in your child's class to observe and they will not allow you to change your child's teacher if you are unhappy. We are eating $2000 in fines for breaking our lease just to move our child out of this school.

Posted August 01, 2008
I grew up in the CKSD and was pleased when my children had the chance to as well, but I am very disappointed in Esquire Hills Elementary school. My child doesn't seem challenged. In North Kitsap he was tested for the gifted program, but he is now an average student.

Esquire Hills Elementary School 1

Posted July 24, 2007
The overall experience is not that great. Some of the teachers are frequently absent,not organized and careless. The PTA leadership is quite disappointing as well and run very mismanaged fundraisers. The children are always rewarded with hard candy and gum. The lunch menu is just as bad as drive thru. The good part is that there are a few good teachers who do work hard.

Posted February 15, 2007
The office staff loves to gossip. Class size is enormous. Safety of the child really not a priority to this school. Academically, they spend more time during the school year preparing for the the WASL tests. I transferred my children to another elementary.

Esquire Hills Elementary School 5

Posted August 20, 2006
this school is so great you should send all of your kids there they have great teaching skills

Esquire Hills Elementary School 3

Posted July 02, 2004
You can tell that some of the teachers are there only for a job, not for the kids. They seem to lack responsibilty for the childs safety. The elementry school I attended in California did not allow children to just leave there classrooms with out supervision. The whole classroom walked in single file to buses to put children who road on the bus on, then the rest of the class would go behind the fence line and wait for parents to pick them up (for safety of child). There is also of lack punishment for horrasment between students.

Esquire Hills Elementary School

Posted October 23, 2003
We have three children that currently attend Esquire Hills Elementary. We have been very pleased with the level of commitment from all the teachers that we have experienced. Our principal is very involved and the teachers seem to be truly focused on the task of teaching, and they all have done an amazing job with our children.

Esquire Hills Elementary School
2650 NE John Carlson Rd, Bremerton, WA  98311
Last modified Esquire Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Esquire Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top