Bad
Good

We came to Esquire Hills for kindergarten when my child was an over flow student. And are still here today! We were blown away by how amazing all the staff members worked together to create a fun, safe, healthy learning environment for all of the kids! The principal is OUTSTANDING and one of the sweetest nicest people you will meet! She strives to learn every child's name in the school and is always happy and gentle with the kids! The teachers are great and I can tell strive to help thier students be successful! The PTA is filed with induviduals that 100% work as hard as they can to make family involvement in the school fun and rewarding for parents and students! One of my children is also a type 1 Diabetic and they work extremely hard to make sure they take care her correctly, with love and overwhelming support for everything she and our family go threw!! Its a homey school and it's warm. I consider myself lucky to have my children attend!

We transferred our children one with special needs this year and are very pleased with thethe entire staff the principal is amazing she really involves the children and staff in great projects and a postive learning environment, the classroom setting is very accommodating and the learning specialist is phenomenal. I am so glad they also have the Champions after school care they have really helped with tutoring my children and provide a wonderful caring environment, my kids never want to leave because they love what they are learning. Overall this school I'd great, the only thing that would make it better would be to add an art program and have more after school activities but with the new PTA whom also is amazing they I know are working on it. But still a great school all those problems posted below were under the old prinipal and are completely untrue in 2014-2015

The school secetary who sits up front to the left is rude, they do not help children who are behind, saying "give them time, they will catch up". Many of the teacher rooms are 'busy' and not appropriate for children with sensory issues. Principal seems to care, so I am not sure exactly what is going on.

This school is horrible! The staff does not care about the kids, the people in the office are rude, and the teacher my child had was so mean to the kids that they were scared of her. Every parent I talked to felt this way. The school won't let you be in your child's class to observe and they will not allow you to change your child's teacher if you are unhappy. We are eating $2000 in fines for breaking our lease just to move our child out of this school.

I grew up in the CKSD and was pleased when my children had the chance to as well, but I am very disappointed in Esquire Hills Elementary school. My child doesn't seem challenged. In North Kitsap he was tested for the gifted program, but he is now an average student.

The overall experience is not that great. Some of the teachers are frequently absent,not organized and careless. The PTA leadership is quite disappointing as well and run very mismanaged fundraisers. The children are always rewarded with hard candy and gum. The lunch menu is just as bad as drive thru. The good part is that there are a few good teachers who do work hard.

The office staff loves to gossip. Class size is enormous. Safety of the child really not a priority to this school. Academically, they spend more time during the school year preparing for the the WASL tests. I transferred my children to another elementary.

Last modified Esquire Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.