Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Wonderful school with a great community! Teachers really go the extra mile to see kids of all back grounds get what they need not just to graduate but to prepare them for life.

The community rally's around this school. 2016 over $2 million worth of scholarships were given out. Robust AP courses offerings. Very High test results through the S.A.T.'s and SBA .

I have two children in the district, one in the high school. The schools genuinely care for your children. The high school does a great job of trying to get your child on a path towards college and even financial aid/scholarships. The elementary schools try to start your students off right with good technology, clubs, etc. Bullying is almost a complete non-issue. I make sure of this with my two children as I was bullied as a child. My youngest felt isolated on the bus for a while and they addressed it and paired her up with a "buddy" after she had to switch schools/buses. The children feel free to be themselves and grow in confidence which is huge! There are a lot of really great teachers and the principals are all really good. Compared to where I grew up I look at White River School District as a whole as a gem. Thank you White River.

I am a graduate of this school. The administration of White High School is all about sports, cheer leading and aiming low (to actually achieve it.) They can't even run their attendance correctly, I have been in school in class but they have reported me as missing (even when I have a test to prove I was there!) If you have a bullying issue, or issues of any kind they are not their to help, support or in any way be there for students. The councilors do try, but can only do so much, especially when you get ones that "job share" and don't have any experience. It is very uneven teaching staff. Some are great a lot have their issues. It is obvious that getting students through with minimum fuss for the administration is a priority, (don't try to get help while they play cards on their computer.) This is a school that is preparing you to work at a fast food job and live in a trailer for life rather than trying to get an education that will get you somewhere. Yeah Team!

I am a graduate of WRHS and I am very surprised how many high ratings this school has gotten. The only thing WRHS excels in is friendliness. The low standards at this school are unbelievable. Teachers are required to accept late work regardless of whether the student was legitimately sick or didn't want to do it on time. They also must allow students to retake tests if they want to. Administration was/is a joke. They do not back their teachers up at all when it's time to discipline them. You wouldn't believe how many times a parent would call in to excuse their sick child and the school wouldn't even know they were absent. The administrations goal isn't to ensure that your child learns, it's to ensure they graduate. There is literally no possible way to fail unless you drop out. It's pathetic and insulting to students who care about their education at all. I attended other high schools as well and none were as disorganized and pathetic as this one. This high school does nothing to prepare students for college or the real world. I recommend looking into other nearby schools if you are considering attending/allowing your child to attend this school.

White River High School has a lot to be proud of. Supportive teachers and staff, innovative administrators, a wide variety of class offerings support for students at all levels, various avenues for student involvement, and great coaches and sports teams. Go Hornets!!!

I am a current student at White River High School and I love it, every school has its flaws and problems but WRHS has turned around a lot from when I was a freshman. We now do the Rachel's Challenge every school year and I believe that the school's bullying and everything has gone down a lot, there are less fights at school. GO WRHS :)

I don't get why people say this school is the WORST school ever. Every school has it's drug problems, and flaws. You tell me ONE school where EVERY student is a little angel, and EVERY teacher is sent from above. Can't think of one, huh? Most of my teachers are very inspiring academically, and personaly. I've learned many new things this year, and all of my teachers push us to strive for perfection. I'm proud to be a WRHS student and look forward to the years to come. P.S: Our school could use a little more parent involvement. Yes, I'm talking to you.

white river seems to be the best school out there, to me anyways.. the people here are so real and down to earth. i went to bonney lake and i couldnt stand the snobbiness and how much the other students were torwards others. i love everything about my school, flaunts and all. the teachers are great and the clubs/sports are amazing. its a great all-around kind of school but its the students that i will never forget, even after 10 years of graduation.

This is my 10th year teaching at White River High School. I am very proud of my school and of the education and caring about students that we offer. Every school has it's pros and cons, and you have to look at both in order to give a true rating. White River has, and continues to have, growing pains. We are not teaching to just the town of Buckley any more. Times are changing and we are growing, the community needs to embrace that fact. The administration and teachers at White River work hard for our students and we will continue to do so. As a teacher the most frustrating things for me are student apathy and lack of parent support. Hard work and dedication pay! It is discouraging to read some of the parent posts on this site. Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a site to rate parents???

Last modified White River High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.