White River High School 1

Posted October 11, 2014
I am a graduate of WRHS and I am very surprised how many high ratings this school has gotten. The only thing WRHS excels in is friendliness. The low standards at this school are unbelievable. Teachers are required to accept late work regardless of whether the student was legitimately sick or didn't want to do it on time. They also must allow students to retake tests if they want to. Administration was/is a joke. They do not back their teachers up at all when it's time to discipline them. You wouldn't believe how many times a parent would call in to excuse their sick child and the school wouldn't even know they were absent. The administrations goal isn't to ensure that your child learns, it's to ensure they graduate. There is literally no possible way to fail unless you drop out. It's pathetic and insulting to students who care about their education at all. I attended other high schools as well and none were as disorganized and pathetic as this one. This high school does nothing to prepare students for college or the real world. I recommend looking into other nearby schools if you are considering attending/allowing your child to attend this school.

Posted April 16, 2011
White River High School has a lot to be proud of. Supportive teachers and staff, innovative administrators, a wide variety of class offerings support for students at all levels, various avenues for student involvement, and great coaches and sports teams. Go Hornets!!!

Posted April 15, 2011
I am a current student at White River High School and I love it, every school has its flaws and problems but WRHS has turned around a lot from when I was a freshman. We now do the Rachel's Challenge every school year and I believe that the school's bullying and everything has gone down a lot, there are less fights at school. GO WRHS :)

White River High School 4

Posted March 06, 2011
I don't get why people say this school is the WORST school ever. Every school has it's drug problems, and flaws. You tell me ONE school where EVERY student is a little angel, and EVERY teacher is sent from above. Can't think of one, huh? Most of my teachers are very inspiring academically, and personaly. I've learned many new things this year, and all of my teachers push us to strive for perfection. I'm proud to be a WRHS student and look forward to the years to come. P.S: Our school could use a little more parent involvement. Yes, I'm talking to you.

Posted November 22, 2008
white river seems to be the best school out there, to me anyways.. the people here are so real and down to earth. i went to bonney lake and i couldnt stand the snobbiness and how much the other students were torwards others. i love everything about my school, flaunts and all. the teachers are great and the clubs/sports are amazing. its a great all-around kind of school but its the students that i will never forget, even after 10 years of graduation.

White River High School 1

Posted August 09, 2008

Posted February 28, 2008
This is my 10th year teaching at White River High School. I am very proud of my school and of the education and caring about students that we offer. Every school has it's pros and cons, and you have to look at both in order to give a true rating. White River has, and continues to have, growing pains. We are not teaching to just the town of Buckley any more. Times are changing and we are growing, the community needs to embrace that fact. The administration and teachers at White River work hard for our students and we will continue to do so. As a teacher the most frustrating things for me are student apathy and lack of parent support. Hard work and dedication pay! It is discouraging to read some of the parent posts on this site. Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a site to rate parents???

White River High School 3

Posted December 04, 2007
While my high school experience was not perfect, I fondly look back on my four years spent at WRHS. I made many lasting friendships with other students and especially the staff. There are numerous teachers who want to be there and who make a difference daily in the lives of the students. The community is really supportive of the sports programs, but the support is lacking when it comes the arts. There is little college prep at the school but that is due to lack of demand.

Posted August 15, 2007
great school they really help the children

Posted August 14, 2007

White River High School
26928 120th St East, Buckley, WA  98321
Last modified White River High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White River High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top