Posted March 26, 2013
My son has been going to Shorewood since Kindergarten. He has not had a teacher there that has not been hard working and caring. He has enjoyed his time there and has felt supported in his school work. I think that the PTA support has gone down somewhat over the years but those that do volunteer their time are amazing.

Shorewood Elementary School 1

Posted January 18, 2012
My son is in the fourth grade. He has gone to Shorewood since Kindergarten and doesn't understand division. When I asked him how he gets his school work done he stated his teacher gets frustrated and tells him what to write.... I'm so disappointed. we will be switching schools!

Shorewood Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2011
I would give the school 2.5 stars but there is not half stars, I a student here for 7 years, I'll graduate from this school on the next Monday. My 1st three years here (Grade K-2) were the best years, majority of the students were nice to each other, etc. In 3rd grade, we moved to Beverly Park b/c the school was rebuilding and mean kids transferred to Shorewood and it got worse. In 4th grade to 6th grade it was the worst 2 years of my life!!! Many more mean kids came and we had new teachers that were strict and some teachers didn't care about student problems. Many students cussed at there teachers, ran in the halls, people yelling in the halls, and students fighting recess and they are setting a bad example for the younger kids.

Posted December 06, 2010
Strong PTA and teachers and staff that care about the kids. Counselor and Principal work with kids to resolve problems and encourage communication. Nice diversity of students. Living a block from the school, we walk every day and never have worried about safety. My daughter has been challenged while attending Shorewood and active in many aspects of the school including running for student government. Great sense of community, many social activities, fundraisers, popular after school chess club and before school choir. Academics improving as shown when school passed the federal Adequate Yearly Progress standard in 2010.

Posted May 19, 2010
I have been a parent of students at Shorewood for 8 years and have worked extensively with parents and staff throughout those years. I have only positive things to say about this school. This school has excellent teachers, an involved principal and great families. I have seen this school;s population grow from 336 students to over 430 students and yet office staff somehow knows who everyone is. The students have consequences for their actions that are fair and they are held accountable for their behavior. The Principal, who has been there for 10 years, has built a great school with a great staff of engaged, dedicated teachers who are making a difference in the lives of many children..

Shorewood Elementary School 0

Posted November 07, 2009
Good school. Improved alot since principal Deborah Holcomb came on board. The bully situation was out of control before she came. She cares and she does a good job.

Shorewood Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2008
The teachers and staff don't take the time to listen to parents concern's.They blow you off like no big deal.From what I see the PTA does more work than the staff.I'm concerned about my child's safety.

Posted September 10, 2007
Could not be happier with this school!

Posted September 10, 2007
I love this school.My son has been with shorewood going on 3yrs.The kids,parents and staff make this a great school.Everyone is so friendly!!! My son is so happy at school I can't wait for my daughter to start.

Posted August 19, 2007
I have two kids at Shorewood and I am very happy to have them there. I am excited about the new school and the educational opportunities the kids at the new school will enjoy. The principal and the staff are wonderful to work with. Always available to help with problems and truly happy to have parents involved in the school. I think that the staff is addressing the WASL results and will see good results.

Shorewood Elementary School
2725 SW 116th St, Burien, WA  98146
Last modified Shorewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shorewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top