Bad
Good

Very caring and involved teachers and staff. Strong academic programs. Worth the trip from Duvall.

I don't know how anyone can rate this school less than 5 stars. My child is thriving in this positive environment with teachers that are fully engaged with their students and passionate about teaching. The new principal is fantastic and is out with the kids constantly talking with them. I wish I would have had as great experience at this age level as my daughter is. I volunteer there and the energy is positive, the kids are polite and happy (for the most part) and I love being there and seeing their smiling faces... Couldn't be happier!

After 3 awful years at this school I am glad to be out. The teachers can be nice, but some can be inappropriate. The (former) principle shows no care in a students learning and does not explain what happens, it just happens, and also does not agree with a student moving up a higher level while the student is in a lower grade. The vice principle is flat out rude. This person treats students and parents like small children and has no care for a students well being unless they are in a sport. All in all, not a good place to be, the only upside is the good teachers and awesome councilors. Sadly, I would say do not send your children here, it is not a good experience.

'Wonderful place. My student has really enjoyed all the classes and support. The age group is a tough one but the entire staff there really cares. I've been impressed by how willing everyone is to help out.

2 of our kids have gone through TMS and we have 2 more to go. I would say, it's a good, 'average' or 'typical' middle school. The good qualities are the kids - relatively safe environment (rural area) with parent envolvement - when allowed by the admin. Overall, the level of creativity and programs at this school, with the exception of the one Multiage Program, is very limited. The admin. seems afraid to do anything outside the box. For example, your child basically only has 2 choices in 3 years of school for electives, band for 3 years or 'Strand' - which has now been watered down to 3 lame 'leadership/study skills/life skills' classes - which in my opinion are a waste of time. Very little arts and creativity offered! Disappointing since the kids get some much of this (arts) in the elementary level. Leadership - rarely see the principals.

This is our first year at Tolt MS. So far both my daughter and I are really enjoying it. She does say some of the teachers are 'strict', but I'm ok with that. Any thing that I felt was inappropriate has een dealt with immeadiatley. I am ahppy to be there so far!!!!

My student started there recently and I have to give the office staff rave reviews. They have consistently been available, proactive, kind and sensitive. As a new family I have a very good impression of the adults who will be responsible for my child when they are not in class. The other adults/parents have also been very open and greeted us with, 'You must be new here?'. Generally a friendly greeting and lots of dads around. Parents showed up all over the place to help out on the first day of school too. My student was adopted by a group of returning students and had someplace to sit the first day at lunch. What a relief. Things are going very well so far. My student is excited about the classes and what the teachers had to say about what they would be learning. Well begun is half done.

My daughter is entering 7th grade at Tolt this fall. I'm hoping this year will be better. My daughter had hours of homework every night, most of it mindless worksheets and crossword puzzles. She is a gifted student and she was so frustrated - there is no gifted classes available (aside from appropriate level Math) until 8th grade; they do offer 'honors' LA but it's just more homework done outside of class, with no help from a teacher. The so-called electives (one period of 4 rotating options) are only available to students not in band. All in all, very disappointing, especially after the wonderful experience my daughter had at Carnation Elementary.

Last modified Tolt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.