Carnation, WA

Posted May 07, 2013
I don't know how anyone can rate this school less than 5 stars. My child is thriving in this positive environment with teachers that are fully engaged with their students and passionate about teaching. The new principal is fantastic and is out with the kids constantly talking with them. I wish I would have had as great experience at this age level as my daughter is. I volunteer there and the energy is positive, the kids are polite and happy (for the most part) and I love being there and seeing their smiling faces... Couldn't be happier!

Posted March 20, 2013
After 3 awful years at this school I am glad to be out. The teachers can be nice, but some can be inappropriate. The (former) principle shows no care in a students learning and does not explain what happens, it just happens, and also does not agree with a student moving up a higher level while the student is in a lower grade. The vice principle is flat out rude. This person treats students and parents like small children and has no care for a students well being unless they are in a sport. All in all, not a good place to be, the only upside is the good teachers and awesome councilors. Sadly, I would say do not send your children here, it is not a good experience.

Posted November 29, 2010
'Wonderful place. My student has really enjoyed all the classes and support. The age group is a tough one but the entire staff there really cares. I've been impressed by how willing everyone is to help out.

Posted April 17, 2010

Tolt Middle School 3

Posted March 28, 2010
2 of our kids have gone through TMS and we have 2 more to go. I would say, it's a good, 'average' or 'typical' middle school. The good qualities are the kids - relatively safe environment (rural area) with parent envolvement - when allowed by the admin. Overall, the level of creativity and programs at this school, with the exception of the one Multiage Program, is very limited. The admin. seems afraid to do anything outside the box. For example, your child basically only has 2 choices in 3 years of school for electives, band for 3 years or 'Strand' - which has now been watered down to 3 lame 'leadership/study skills/life skills' classes - which in my opinion are a waste of time. Very little arts and creativity offered! Disappointing since the kids get some much of this (arts) in the elementary level. Leadership - rarely see the principals.

Posted January 26, 2010

Tolt Middle School 2

Posted February 16, 2009

Tolt Middle School 0

Posted October 14, 2008
This is our first year at Tolt MS. So far both my daughter and I are really enjoying it. She does say some of the teachers are 'strict', but I'm ok with that. Any thing that I felt was inappropriate has een dealt with immeadiatley. I am ahppy to be there so far!!!!

Posted October 03, 2008

Tolt Middle School 4

Posted September 04, 2008
My student started there recently and I have to give the office staff rave reviews. They have consistently been available, proactive, kind and sensitive. As a new family I have a very good impression of the adults who will be responsible for my child when they are not in class. The other adults/parents have also been very open and greeted us with, 'You must be new here?'. Generally a friendly greeting and lots of dads around. Parents showed up all over the place to help out on the first day of school too. My student was adopted by a group of returning students and had someplace to sit the first day at lunch. What a relief. Things are going very well so far. My student is excited about the classes and what the teachers had to say about what they would be learning. Well begun is half done.

Tolt Middle School
3740 Tolt Ave, Carnation, WA  98014
Last modified Tolt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tolt Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top