Jefferson Lincoln Elementary School

Public | PK-3

Posted July 26, 2012

Love Jefferson Lincoln! All staff go above and beyond! My daughter is adhd and they worked with me to pull out her full learning potential! I asked for daily updates and recived them! Thank you! We will miss you as my daughter heads to 4th

Posted March 4, 2012

All 4 of my young children have attended Jeff-Lincoln. We moved here from Auburn WA, having moved there from Arizona. Of the different elementary schools my children have experienced, Jeff-Lincoln has been THE BEST so far. I watched them do well in Arizona, they did well in Auburn, but I have watched them excel here. I love the way the teachers challenge them to grow in their learning. I especially love the fact the children can stay with the same teacher for 2 years during 2nd and 3rd grades as the teachers move to the next grade with them. Learning time is not lost the second year, as the teachers and students have already formed a learning relationship. Even though this school is in a lower income area, my children have been unaffected by this. They have many wonderful friends at school and have never had any problems with bullying or other undesired behavior.

Posted August 15, 2011

Kids having boyfriends and girlfriends in 1st and 2nd grade... going around corner to kiss.... dutys not caring. My daughter got her face stomped on and no one cared and no one did anything! My son got punched many times... he punched back once in self defense and HE WAS SENT HOME!!! This school blames everything on the parents! It is thier way of covering their butts! If I had anywhere else I could bring my kids... WE WOULD BE GONE IN A HEART BEAT!!!

Posted July 2, 2011

Awful school. I felt parental involvement was discouraged. My son was taught religious lessons in K & 1st grade (Easter & X-mas stories). Not appropriate in public school; I complained to principal after 1st incident and school board after 2nd incident. Never rec'd apology. His 2nd grade teacher openly despised my son and mocked him -- he often came home in tears. His 3rd grade teacher could not spell, and I have the e-mails and "graded" spelling tests from him to prove it. Bullying is a serious problem, exacerbated by ingrained sexism. For example: If a boy teases or physically harms a girl, both parents are notified by note or phone (in our experience). If a boy is teased or physically harmed by a girl, there is no notification, ever. If a boy is teased or physically harmed by another boy, the response is sporadic. The parents may be notified, they may not. My son has come home with ripped and torn clothing, cuts, scratches, bruising up and down his spine and across his face, and I have not rec'd a phone call or explanatory note for any of these incidents. When I called the school, they said boys will be boys. The principal called my son a bit of a wuss in a parent meeting.

Posted October 21, 2010

also sorry I forgot to mention when I read some more that there are a lot of bullies that they do nothing about that is true and they sent us pages of info for ADD children home all the time with him even though he is not ADD just a regular seven year old boy and so I think that is just very rude

Posted March 21, 2010

My son attends school here, and between the lack of consistency with rules (rules seem to change for each child) and the way my child is treated (very poorly) I won't even give this school 1 star.

Posted January 12, 2010

Real people understanding real issues of children, and parents

Posted May 15, 2009

I have 4 of my 5 children in Jeff-Lincoln Elm. & could not be happier. I also have one daughter who is borderline ADD/ADHD and they have dealt with her beautifully. I am sad to hear of parents who feel differently, but in my experience, sometimes its just the parents issue, not the child or the teaching staff. We love Jeff-Linclon all my childen have been succesful and gone on to continuing to be successful. Parents ahve to do they part, we are a team. Thanks Jeff-Lincoln facilty. Brook Leal & kids

Posted May 7, 2009

I moved to WA in July 2008 from CA. After asking different people about schools in the area they all warned me that Jefferson Lincoln was a high poverty school and the education was not up to the level they thought acceptable. Many advised me to have my children attend Fords Prarie. I have never been more pleased that I decided to allow my children to attend Jefferson Lincoln. The teachers are outstanding and the office staff is amazingly friendly and helpful whenever I need information. Today I checked the new WASL test scores that were posted for the most current school year available, 2007-2008, much to my surprise the proof was in the scores. Jefferson Lincoln outscored Fords Prarie nearly 10% in Reading and nearly 4% in Math. In fact, Jefferson Lincoln outscored all the Elementary K-3 schools in Centralia. Way to go, Jefferson Lincoln!!!

Posted October 23, 2008

I have had 5 children pass through this school. All did very well and I was happy with the teaching. That is until my special needs daughter made it out of the pre-school program and into kindergarden. This school does nothing for special needs children K-3. The teachers talk like they care at conferences but the very next day are getting down on the children. My daughter comes home crying almost everyday. We are considering moving her if a meeting with the principle doesn't help the situation.

Posted October 16, 2008

My son is now in 1st grade and he attended Kindergarten at J-L as well. He didn't attend preschool but he reads at a 2nd grade level and is flying through math. I feel like I can address any problems with the staff and can volunteer as much or as little as I would like.

Posted October 9, 2008

I have watched this school over several years and watched their test scores continue to equal to or better than others in the district, even though their social/economic population is the lowest in the district. The principal builds relationships with every child and is always fair when dealing with discipline issues. The teachers are amazing! They are very hard working, pleasant, and love their jobs! You couldn't ask for a more supportive group of people who help all children reach their full potential.

Posted May 22, 2008

This has been the first year my daughter attended public schools. I have lived in Centralia all my life. I knew the rumors about the different schools. I was very nervous about starting her at Jefferson-Lincoln. We have had a marvelous experience. The teachers are open and friendly. The school offers many different activities for families throughout the year. My daughter went from the lowest writing score to the highest in just 1 year. All the rumors were helpful to me. It prodded me to really check out the school. J-L gets grant money, has by average the most volunteers per student as well as the most highly educated staff in the district. It is 'The Love and Logic School' and I just couldnt be happier.

Posted April 22, 2008

Just found this website and I have to agree with the other disappointed parents regarding this school. My son has been labeled and is dealt with in a manner that no matter what he does he is at fault. Even after doing what they have asked after parent meeting their 'tactics' didn't change. This is causing emtional issues and I am severly upset. Will be moving my son to a different school. Other reviewer is correct, if your child doesn't fit the mold then good luck at Jeff Lincoln.

Posted July 2, 2007

Although I did like many of the teachers and other staff, I feel the school as a whole needs much improvement. My oldest daughter had many problems with bullies. This is talked about alot, but only enforced to the child being bullied. My younger daughter is dyslexic. This was only addressed after transfering her to another school. My son is disabled and developmentally delayed. The teachers in the developmental pre-school are simply awesome, yet the principal has no idea how to cope with these children in 'his' school. We have since transfered all 3 of our kids across town.

Posted January 13, 2007

I have not liked this school at all from the first week I transfered my daughter there. We moved here from far away, from a very tiny school, my daughter was not given the attention, direction or help needed for a first time transferring student. The teachers that I have meet have been very condescending towards the children and myself as a parent. My impression of this school is that it is very militaristic with no real attachment or consideration of the children.

Posted July 6, 2006

My child just finished Kindergarten and I'm very impressed because by the end of the school year he now reads, counts, does numbers and math. (my child never went to preschool). He is doing great and can't wait to start next school year. This school is great.

Posted September 16, 2004

I have not been impressed with this school - they say they want parental involvement but do not really mean it. This school will only be successful for children who fit 'the mold'. Special needs are not accommodated appropriately and parental input is not respected.

Posted April 26, 2004

I have been extremely impressed with the leadership and educators at Jeff-Lincoln. Every child is given every opportunity possible to succeed! I appreciate all they do for my family!

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used the Measurements of Student Progress (MSP) to test students in reading and math in grades 3 through 8, in writing in grades 4 and 7, and in science in grades 5 and 8. The MSP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Source: Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction

Teacher education levels

Master's degree or higher 88%N/A66%

• Glenn Spinnie

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

400 West Summa