Northwest Christian Schools 3

Posted March 15, 2014
Positives - Parents seem to keep to themselves, school is teaching Christian values. I will try to leave a non-bias point of view. Negatives - extremely underfunded. They just started offering a speech pathologist and a teacher that helps struggling students. They are charging for the speech pathologist and I am told next year will start extra charging the struggling students. They started a new football team. I wish that money could have gone to an extra teacher to help students academically. School is nickel and diming everyone and begs for money at every turn. They write our grandparents for money and beg us for money to fund the school. There are very little programs teaching the kids to give to the poor and needy (canned food drives, feeding families..) and when they do it's in the news. Board of regents appears to have their own interest involved rather than the children's best interest.

Posted January 18, 2014
Great school with loving supportive teachers and families. Great full that I don't have to worry about my children while they are at school, because I know they are in excellent loving hands and are getting a wonderful education!

Posted September 12, 2013
We love the Northwest Christian community! We've had kids in various grades, from elementary to high school. Our kids have flourished under the personal care of teachers and coaches. They have a great group of friends to choose from. Class sizes are small and cumulative test scores are high. Best of all, the school is true to its commitment of teaching to both the mind and heart. They do this well! As our kids are growing up in a pretty crazy world, I think the 6K to have your kids taught a Christian worldview is a bargain. Plus, depending on your financial situation, financial aid is definitely available. There was turnover in the administration at the elementary school this past year. I wonder if that is the cause of the sour grapes in the review below? There are always two sides to a story. "Many public school administrators have pulled their kids from the school..." is irrational and emotional, untrue. It makes me sad that someone had that experience when ours has been so great. This year, I am impressed with the new principal and the changes she is making. Definitely call and meet people and use your instincts. Educational choice is one of our best freedoms.

Northwest Christian Schools 1

Posted August 26, 2013
Do not send your children to this school. There is no accountability amongst the teachers or administration. Ask why the principal is no longer the principal, ask for recent test scores, meet all the administration and go to their churches and find out what they believe, get phone numbers of families that have left and ask them why. Do research before paying 6k a year. Many public school adminstrators have pulled their children from this school; call them and ask why. The kinder teachers are good and pull the families in but after that.......... $600 a year to bus your children out there is not worth it!!!!!!!! Use your instincts and meet everyone before sending your kids there and if you get a feeling about someone....use your instincts!!!!

Northwest Christian Schools 1

Posted July 12, 2013
First I must say this is a well respected school in the community and there are some loving teachers here although in my opinion things are changing in this school. We live in a community were Mead made the list by Newsweek as 'best schools". There is a lack of programs for gifted students and Mead has an excellent program that starts in 4th grade. Class sizes have grown (my child had over 22 kids) and location/cost makes this school even more undesirable. I believe they do not teach the latest mathematical teachings and have fallen behind on keeping up with the newest methods of teaching (the public schools do a much better job).

Posted January 25, 2012
What a delightful experience to have our two boys attend such a wonderful school, K-12.

Northwest Christian Schools 4

Posted October 11, 2010
They have been a great part of our community for years.

Posted February 26, 2010
My twins attended Northwest Christian Schools from 8th grade through graduation. They both were well prepared for college and life in every area: academically and spiritually. The teachers are exceptional and they went the extra mile to meet the needs of our son and daughter. Both received scholarships to Whitworth College and my son went on to receive his engineering degree at U.S,C, My wife and I give N.W.C. an A+!

Northwest Christian Schools
5028 N. Bernhill Road, Colbert, WA  99005
Last modified Northwest Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Northwest Christian Schools Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top