Posted April 17, 2014
I am a student at KMVA and I have been coming to this school since 3rd grade and this is currently my 6th year here. If I had a choice between a regular elementary/middle school and KMVA, I would choose KMVA. I like how the teachers know students by name and their personality because most teachers in other schools dont. This school doesnt have a vass population but I personally think that is one thing that makes this school the way it is, great. If you come to check out the school, dont judge it by its looks. It may not be the best looking or the biggest but its what inside that matters right lol? But i reccomend that anyone who is looking to come to this school. you will NOT regret it! It is totally worth coming here!

Posted September 26, 2013
This is a g8 school My daughter started her 3 rd grade this year. She is having full fun learning at school. She says to me that mom this school they r making learning as fun mommy. I was so happy with the words she used. What else as a parent that need from a kid going t o school...Hope to have a g8 year..

Posted November 18, 2012
We came to this school after 11 years of having kids in private schools. Therefore we were used to a high standard of education and parent participation. We have now been at KMVA for 8 years, because our exceptions for our kids to get a great education are being meet and exceeded. The principal is strong leader and really gets to know all the students. The teachers get to know and understand your child's unique learning style & personality because the class sizes are so small. The school has challenging academic programs at all grade levels. Advanced elementary students can access middle and high school courses on campus. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for the level of education and parent participation you get in a private school. Since KMVA doesn't offer sports or band your student can participate in these programs through what would be their local home school.

Posted January 24, 2011
This is our 2nd year at KMVA and we are thrilled !!!! Reading the comments below my only comment would be that all of KDS is taking a hit and losing recess and lunch time - it's across the board. The cut backs are hitting all scholls but KMVA will feel it less cause they are smaller and have less funding anyways - less to take away from... I have not experienced any religeon as some stated below. This is a school in KSD so they have to stick to the curriculem, howver, they excel because of their teachers passion to teach and the size of the school. LOVE LOVE LOVE it and so do my kids!!!!

Posted May 18, 2009
This is my 3rd year here and I could not be happier. I may not have straight A's but i'm passing. We have some flaws, every school does. But as far as it goes we are closest to perfection as possible! I would reccomend this school to anyone. I transferred here from the Tukwila School District. It's so small that there are no social out laws and I know almost every staff memeber. We are always there for eachother.

Posted August 27, 2008
I'm going to be a senior this year, and I've been attending KMVA since 7th grade. I've had the chance to know the teachers and know the students. The teachers here are wonderful, I attended a private school which pales in comparrison to this school. It's not to far from highline community college which is a bonus, less travel time if your doing running start. The people at this school are absoultely amazing, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. The nice thing is, is there are no distractions such as sports, you don't have the pressure of being on a team or not, and until recently there were no dances however that was changed. The classes are small, which means you can get one on one time if you need help with something. This school is just amazing.

Posted March 21, 2008
This school is one of the best there is. I think this because I have been going here for 4 and 1/2 years, and I'm probably staying here for the rest. This school is quite small, but I think that's good because everyone knows everyone else there, either from reading the yearbooks or from their own experience. There are no fights(well, not often) and no actual gangs. Sure, people may have their own opinions about this school, but I think it's awesome, and that's what matters to me.

Kent Mountain View Academy 1

Posted February 21, 2008

Posted January 29, 2008

Posted November 26, 2007
This is our second year here, and am very impressed with the teachers, staff and overall program. Best environment for my kids coming out of homeschooling.

Kent Mountain View Academy
22420 Military Rd South, Des Moines, WA  98198
Last modified Kent Mountain View Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kent Mountain View Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top