No rating

Tall Cedars Academy

Private | 1-8

Living in Duvall

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $310,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,060.

Posted April 22, 2010

It is a fantastic place for respectful growth and learning.

Posted April 22, 2010

TCA is simply the best thing that has happened in our son's education. He's grown so much in confidence and poise and knowledge. He loves his school and so do we!

Posted April 22, 2010

My son's entire outlook and confidence in school was resusitated thanks to Tall Cedars! He used to dread school and now he thrives and is so often giggling when I come to pick him up! I don't need to be a stock broker to know that sending him to TCA was the best investment we have ever made!

Posted April 5, 2010

Our sons have been students at Tall Cedars Academy for 3 years. It is the best decision we have ever made as parents. The school provides an excellent well rounded education with an extremely gifted head master and teacher. Mr. A. is a once in a life time teacher. He brings out excellence in each student. He has fostered a sense of community and caring among the students and families. We couldn't be happier!

Posted March 16, 2010

I'm the happy parent of a two year student of TCA. Best decision ever to pull her out of the public school and take advantage of this wonderful private school. She's learned so much and she's wonderful and interesting to be around. The curriculum has been fabulous, it's well suited for each child to travel at their own pace thru math and spelling, they have spanish 4 times a week (which I love!) and gym and music twice a week. It's not just a school, but a small community of wonderful and considerate kids and their families. Duvall is lucky to have such a wonderful gem of a school!

Posted March 15, 2010

This is our second year at TCA and it's been a wonderful experience for our family all around, head and shoulders better than our public school experience (and it was a highly rated school). The way math and language lessons are structured at TCA means that every child is taught at their level (gifted or not). The breadth of the curriculum helps the kids develop as a whole person: Spanish, music, band (for upper grades), PE, regular laptop use, annual school play (with all students involved), annual Young Authors Conference, the science lessons with plentiful equipment, art, fabulous school parties... And the high behavioral expectations get results! It's a joy to have my son (and soon daughter as well) at this school.

Posted April 25, 2009

I discovered Tall Cedars Academy last year having heard whispers of a great school in Duvall. I was searching for a place where my girls could thrive and really enjoy learning. The difference it has made has been so clear: my younger daughter, who has always depised school, now tells me with great JOY about her reading assignments. My older daughter has discovered her love of writing--it was there before, but only at TCA has it been allowed to grow into a true gift. The headmaster, affectionally known as 'Mr. A' by the kids, gives his all for the kids, and it shows. I feel so lucky to have discovered TCA.

Posted April 15, 2009

My son really enjoys going to school. He is thriving in this small community of teachers and staff who know and understand him. My son says 'isn't reading the best thing in the whole world?' Bill Alsdurf is truly a gifted teacher. He is able to encourage the best without the pressure.

Posted February 2, 2008

An absolutely amazing little school in downtown Duvall, Washington!!! With a wait list after just one year, this great little school for grades one through eight is a multi-age adherent's dream come true. Community-mindedness, respect, and self-pacing are just a few of the many elements that make Tall Cedars Academy a true jewel of a school. With less than thirty students in the entire school, Headmaster Bill Alsdurf has created a learning community where each student feels safe and valued for who they are. These are bright, interesting, and kind children who go out of their way to make certain that their younger buddies are honored and respected for their own ideas, not just those of the group. Individuality, creativity, and intellectual exploration are hallmarks at Tall Cedars Academy. A great little school with an excellent reputation. I only wish there were lots more just like it!!

Asian 0% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 9%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

15315 First Ave NE #10