Weyerhaeuser Elementary School

Public | K-5

Posted yesterday

WES has been the biggest let down to my daughter. She attended for 2 years and had done very well. We found out 2 WEEKS before school starts! They stated, "Due to budget cuts, we no longer allowed out of district transfers of students with learning disabilities" I feel this is discrimination and I had a very hard time telling my kid that she won't be attending the very school she's been established at. This total letdown has damaged her self esteem!! It's very clear to me that WES does NOT have the students best interest at heart and obviously cherry pick which kids can and can't attend. The school district claims, they had no idea this was going to happen but the Principal admitted to me, these budget cuts have been in the works for 2 YEARS!! I won't be making any complaints to the district because they stick up for each other and hide the truth, But, I will be bringing this to the attention of the WA State Board Of Education.

Posted May 28, 2013

WES is a great school! Both my kids were happy with their old school, but were each amazed at how much they love Weyerhaeuser.

Posted August 17, 2012

I have been a parent of students at WES for 11years now I loved the school when we first moved here great teacher involvement and caring teachers and staff. I am pulling my child from this school due to the lack of discipline on MAJOR issues. The Bullying is also out of control and undealt with. Parents are not being notified of these issues our children are having to tell us no matter which end of the problem they are on. I do not feel that it is safe to send my child their. They do still have a couple great teacher's but i feel most are just there waiting for retirement and a paycheck, i feel 95% of the rest of staff is just there to get a check and socialize they do not seem to care about our children(accept their favorites) I also feel in the last 2 years acedemics have severly dropped we can not look at state testing to see what our children are learning cause they make the children study the test everyday for over a month before they test. what happened to teaching our children then testing them to see what they have learned. I wished that I had something good to say about WES but I am affraid that i no longer do.

Posted November 3, 2010

This school needs to be reviewed. I am very concerned about the students saying the Principal doesn't care if they are being pushed around or she will not listen to them when they come to her. One student said if you tell the person you told on will get you back and then nothing happens. There is a fear here for these kids and it is not right

Posted October 22, 2010

I am to the point of wondering if these teachers care at all how there students succeed. My child has struggled for 3 years now with no offers of help, he has been pushed through the system and is now so far behind that he needs tutoring to bring him up to grade level. Not sure if this district even offers special classes for kids in need.

Posted October 18, 2010

I have been HIGHLY disappointed in this school. The principal doesn't take her job as disciplinarian seriously. My son has had issues with bullies. He even got punched in the mouth and got a split lip. We weren't even contacted by the school! When he got home we saw what happened. I went down to the school the next day and was told the boy who did it was suspended for 3 days. He was back in school messing with my son again THAT DAY. Later on when I asked for records of the incident, I was told there were no records. SHE DOESN'T EVEN KEEP TRACK OF WHAT HAPPENS TO WHOM! I will admit the teachers are nice, but some are in their own little worlds most the time. And the "helper staff" like duties, etc, are NOT above picking out certain kids and "picking" on them.

Posted September 17, 2010

My daughter had to remove her daughter from this school bacause of safety reasons.The principal was well aware of the problems (plural) but refused to take any action because my daughter is not in the "click." The superintendent was made aware of the problems and refused to take any action. Poor leadership - poor school.

Posted September 13, 2010

I do not feel this school is a safe place for students. No one listened when my son was beat on and bitten . When I showed the staff the bite marks I was told "well that happens" and then my son was accused of being a bully. If you speak up they accuse your child of wrong doing so you won't speak up! I also got the feeling there were clicks in the parent group and the kids of these parents were taken care of by staff while the "other" kids were left to fend for themselves. I am sure there are parents who think this school is great, but you have to be apart of the right group to be treated right!

Posted September 13, 2010

This is a very good school. No one cares if your child is struggling and they don't want to help.All they do is blame the kid! I think there are some good teachers, but some are really mean to kids and almost make it hard for some to do well. If I could do it again, I would not let me kids go to this school.. We moved so I am very happy now.

Posted June 28, 2010

Great School! Teachers are dedicated and friendly. Students are their number 1 priority. Parents are valued and treated with respect.

Posted December 13, 2009

This school needs help! This is a country school with some backward ideas about learning. Would not recommend moving to this area for this school.

Posted May 28, 2009

The staff is great. Best teachers I have ever dealt with.

Posted April 29, 2009

I find this school to be a wonderful environment for my child. The staff is very cooperative with our family schedule and plans. My daughter has had a very positive experience here so far, and I expect it to continue.

Posted September 20, 2006

Great school, I love that we get to go and have lunch, and be involved in our sons classroom. The Staff is very friendly & helpful. Thank you Steffie Pettygrove

Posted January 19, 2005

I personally love Weyerhaeuser Elementary School. We moved from Eastern Washington (TriCity area) and WES is a highly better school than in the TC area. Have enjoyed spending time with each of the teachers which really seem to care about their students. I am currently on the PTA and wish more parents were involved but that is not the schools fault. Thanks WES teachers; you are appreciated.

Posted August 26, 2003

I love this school. Teachers care about the children and the class sizes are small enough for one on one time. PTA could do a little more for the kids. This school is all around good and I feel my child is safe in the hands of this school!

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

56 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used the Measurements of Student Progress (MSP) to test students in reading and math in grades 3 through 8, in writing in grades 4 and 7, and in science in grades 5 and 8. The MSP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 62% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

All Students51%

Teacher education levels

Master's degree or higher 62%N/A66%

• Pamela Burke

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6105 365th St East