Edgewood, WA

Mt View Elementary School 2

Posted August 17, 2014
I thought I'd provide an updated review. The previous reviews were Done prior to the closing of Hilltop Elementary, those kids had to go somewhere! The school is small with an average of 1 teacher per grade (no switching classes to solve conflict) my sons 2nd grade grade class had 32 students. There is basically no support or follow through, i was consistently made aware of inconsistencies and your children are punished with loss of gym and recess if they don't get work done on time. It's been a nightmare!

Mt View Elementary School 1

Posted September 11, 2011
My son just started kindergarten & within hes 1st week there.. The principal decided to allow work to be done to the roof while the kids were there! My son inhaled the fumes & came home very ill w/headaches, dizziness & vomitting. The principal would not allow the childrent to go home but she decided to go home early friday cause she felt sick!! Im discusted at their lack of commitment. A letter was never sent to the parents to inform them of the work being done. I trusted this school with the safety of my child. Im angry & I will be taking this up w/the health dept.

Mt View Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are great. It's a small school in which the kids know one another and have respect for their teachers and their peers.

Posted June 18, 2008
Great school with a strong PTA and lots of parental involvement.

Posted October 05, 2007
We just moved to this area and we have a 1st ,4th,and 6th grader. One of my children has had a hard time adjusting.Thanks to the Principle his teaher and the office staff he is doing better. The Principle has taken the time to help me and help my child. It really shows that they care for the student 1st. Everyone seems to work toghether to make a great school. Thank You Mt. View Elementary

Mt View Elementary School 2

Posted July 07, 2006

Posted May 12, 2006

Mt View Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2005
My daughter went to Mt. View in the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th grades. We moved away between 2nd and 4th grade. When we found out we had the opportunity to come back, I made sure that I put my daughter back at Mt. View, because of the support of the staff and the concern they for our children. Parents and Staff are highly involved in the academics here. If there is a major issue, the staff is there to offer support and make sure things are taken care of the right way(law, safety of the children). Noone at Mt. View will put the children in danger. The teacher care of about teaching the children, so they can succeed in the rest of the education, and life. Mt. View also has an outstanding level of extracurricular activities like: Orchastra, Chior, Band and Track for the 4th, 5th, and 6th grades.

Posted July 29, 2005
Mountain View Elementary IS an exceptional school! I went there as a child, and my oldest son was there for 7 years. Mt. View is a school in which parents/grandparents are always welcomed. Volunteering at the school or participating in the classroom has always been encouraged. Music, P.E., Art, Drama, Math, and Reading are all important parts of this school. For the past several years there have been after school art classes offered as well. Not to be general, but the teachers at this school really do put there all into their student, and it is obvious why they are there. This is truly a class act school! As a past student from years ago, as well as having had a child there for 7 years, I feel I am able to tell anyone with confidence that Mt. View Elementary is a school that has it all!

Mt View Elementary School
3411 119th Ave East, Edgewood, WA  98372
Last modified Mt View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top