Edmonds, WA

Picnic Point Elementary School 1

Posted September 11, 2014
My sons first day in this school today, and I was more excited than they were. However, this school has already shown to me it's true colors of what is more important to them than individual learning when it comes to students that are multiples . They insist on separating ALL twins/triplets because that way the teachers can tell them apart although it may not be what is best for them! Matter of fact, the principal called me and told me over the phone that she may not even consider having them in the same class in the second grade! Her judgement is bias and in the interests of the teachers, NOT even considering that this pair of twins happen to learn well in the same class and for only separating them is emotionally stressing to them, which impairs their individual learning. FACT: there are MORE pros than cons to keeping multiples together in classrooms. My two sons have never had a single issue with being together, they were with each other before birth and have lived together and read together since day 1. The principal is NOT the parent and she does NOT know what is best for my sons.... I DO!!

Picnic Point Elementary School 5

Posted July 22, 2014
This school is so organized and the teachers are so tuned into the children. We have had 3 children grow up through this school and I would recommend it to anyone moving to the area. Top Notch!

Picnic Point Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2012
If your child does not "fit into a box" or requires effort, do not bring your child here. We moved into another district mid-school year due to mold in the home and were to complete a resident variance form. One of the office staff told me with a wink "the longer before turning it in the better." Being a new situation for me, I followed her advice and we tried to get settled. My son has had some challenges due to ADHD/mild autism.At a year-end meeting we spoke of a plan for his next year of school. At summer's end, my son's name was missing from the class lists.I was told that since I did not return said form we would be unable to return (the day before school starts).School district was sympathetic and said we would work it out. The principal told them he would be unable to return due to behavior.We are spending the day before school finding another school. With his condition, this will be a difficult change but would rather have him where he is appreciated and cared for. Also of concern, his 3rd grade teacher was consistently heard by students in the connecting portable yelling angrily at the children and he would only allow volunteers if scheduled way in advance.

Picnic Point Elementary School 4

Posted March 05, 2011
Class size high but the effort is strong. Poor website, but the district site is as well. Bad links and slow to update with news. Diverse focus on arts topics, social studies, and current issues. Too much military glorifying, but 3 miles from boeing what can you do. We love this school. It has problems but the staff work very hard. Underfunded.

Picnic Point Elementary School 5

Posted July 27, 2007
Great school in a great neighborhood. Quality facilities.

Picnic Point Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2005

Picnic Point Elementary School
5819 140th St SW, Edmonds, WA  98026
Last modified Picnic Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Picnic Point Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top