Edmonds, WA

Posted April 17, 2014
Solomon Christian School was one of the best life decisions I have ever made. I began at the age of fourteen, having only homeschooled with my sister. I was excited to attend real school for the first time, and SCS was the best way to start. Not only was my sister in all my classes, but I also made more of my closest friends in the small, friendly atmosphere. The teachers answered any questions I had and truly made what I learned interesting and clear. Moreover, the clubs and other activities provided made up some of my fondest memories. I realized my dreams of performance through Praise Club and Drama Club and learned new skills through Soccer Club. Overall I feel like I walked away with a great understanding of Calculus, Shakespeare, chemistry, , friendships, Scandinavian cookies, and pho. It was less of a high school and more of a community. The teachers are never bored, only eager to help us grow. Everyone seriously is friends with everyone. I grew more in those four years than had before. I came in as a grade-obsessed, scared little kid and left a confident, friendly girl. It's hard to explain what SCS did for me, but I guess you will see once you're there.

Posted April 11, 2014
I attended Solomon Christian School from the day I started seventh grade to the day I graduated, and I would definitely recommend it to others! The excellent teachers were really helpful in catering to my individual needs and learning style. Their guidance and encouragement really helped me come out of my shell, and gain confidence as an individual. I appreciated the objective teaching style that allowed me room to form my own opinions--this really helped me prepare for my college. SCS is like a family; the teachers actually care and work to build long-lasting friendships with their students. That is something that I really appreciated! Something unique about SCS is the opportunity that it provides to be acquainted with people from other countries. The enrichment that this school provided for me in this respect was invaluable. Being friends with people of different cultures has its communication perks and differences, but I believe that it really helps one to relay thoughts more clearly and concisely and it also instills patience and fine-tunes problem-solving skills. Plus, you get to meet amazing people! I have made great friends and great memories at SCSl!

Posted April 10, 2014
I am a teacher at this school. This school offers many advantages to students wanting to attend a four-year university in the United States. All of our students go on to college because they are driven, hard-working and mature. As a teacher, I enjoy the small class size, the supportive administration and respectful students. I am able to teach more than discipline (not true in public school). The school climate is positive and friendly and students develop close bonds with staff, teachers and each other. This is something the public school does not offer. Credit make-ups, a rigorous curriculum, and a positive, supportive school climate make SCS unique. It is a privilege and a pleasure to work here.

Solomon Christian School 4

Posted March 07, 2014
I love Solomon, I have been there for 3 years. The teachers are amazing and I feel like I really am learning quality stuff. We just started a basketball team, and though I didn't get to see them, I heard that they did really good. Though it doesn't have too many after school activities that appeal to the kids I can honestly say that this school is better than any public school and are great for kids who don't know English well.

Posted June 29, 2012
Solomon Christian School has many great advantages that allow students to aim high and shoot straight! Students come from a variety of countries including Vietnam, China, Korea (and USA of course). As an international student I always receive very friendly welcome from the other students, as well as the teachers and staff at the school. Smaller class sizes and clubs/activity groups allow students to make close connections with each other as a student body, and to get more personalized attention from the teachers. Several helpful programs, such as Credit Make-Up and ESL, help support foreign students to improve their grades and their language skills. But most important of all, Solomon Christian School has a strong emphasis on students' spirit and its Christian identity. I can t say enough good things about it; it is a great school that helps prepare students for a great future.

Posted June 27, 2012
My son finished his fist year of high school at SCS and had a wonderful experince. They have some of the most caring teachers, who set high standards and help students achive them. The small class size promotes more teacher student interactions and a richer learning environment. My family appritiates the diversity of students which is simillar to a college and helps prepare my child for his future. We are looking forward to three more great years at this wonderful school.

Posted June 27, 2012
I am a student who has been in Solomon Christian School for two years and was recently admitted to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. SCS has helped me in many ways during this two-year journey of my life in the US. First of all, it helped me build good study habits. I feel like I've changed my study schedule since I officially started my regular school in September, 2010. The school helps students make their plans and timelines, which also teaches them how to reasonably arrange their study schedule. Moreover, the school helped me build many good relationships with teachers and students. They are kind and nice-going and always help me when I have some problems . The last thing that I want to mention is about the small class size in SCS which gives students more opportunities to communicate with teachers and get close with them. So that's all I want to say about the school that help me go to a good university.

Posted June 25, 2012
There is a great harmony of effort between the students and faculty at Solomon Christian School. I think they expect the best from each other, and each works hard on their part. It can be difficult for many students this age to know their own abilities and to access them to their fullest extent due to shyness, or linguistic and cultural barriers in a diverse setting. But our teachers are great at helping to manifest and maximize each student s talents. Our teachers demonstrate the value of knowledge and of analytic thinking, showing our students that quality education is an inspiring and worthwhile enterprise. We offer a very rigorous schedule of classes to our students, and we balance that with many fun activities, such as our annual fall retreat, spring whiffleball tournament, seasonal parties throughout the year, and many weekly after-school clubs and activities, including a few sports. These activities help foster a positive and cooperative environment at SCS and are often organized by teams of students and faculty/staff. SCS is a great place for young people to receive an excellent education that will prepare them for success in their university years and beyond!

Solomon Christian School 4

Posted April 18, 2011
I sent my son to SCS 4 years ago. I didn't care much for him since. But my son adopted to school life very well with much helps from teachers and the Principal of the school. SCS has very small student body and I believe it helped for my son to received a good education with personal attention. Recently, my son received an admission from many good schools such as U of Iowa, UMASS Amherst, and U of Arizona. I would like to thank you to teachers and the School for his accomplishemnts.

Posted April 16, 2011
My 15 year old daughter has attended Solomon for the past 4 years. We previously homeschooled and were looking for an environment where she would receive instruction based on Biblical principles. Our daughter loves Biology & her teacher this year received a grant for the class to attend a special day at Fred Hutch. Cancer Research Ctr. The students have many fun field trips. I have been able to attend fall retreats as a parent chaperone when I asked. There is a nice system in place through 'Teacher Ease' so staying connected to teachers in my daughter's education is easy. My daughter has enjoyed learning about other cultures firsthand (She went with a group of friends to try Vietnamese Pho soup recently & has been going back for more). She in particularly enjoys the soccer club & is looking forward to playing her harp in the talent show next week. We have never regretted Solomon as our choice for our daughter, Next year we'll have her sister attending as well.

Solomon Christian School
8021 230th Street SW, Edmonds, WA  98026
Last modified Solomon Christian School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Solomon Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top