7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter tells me everything about the school and what is going on there daily.

I have a smart daughter but was very distracted with public schools’ life style. I was desperate looking for a school with boarding that I could afford then I found Solomon Christian school online and I gave it a try. It was the best investment in my daughter’s life. The students over there are very serious and focus and the environment is very conducive for learning. It is a small school missing some big schools benefits but I went there for a rigor academic and my daughter got that plus the fun she wanted. She loved the school and she cried on her last day while she was leaving the dormitory. She got along with almost everybody. The teachers, Dormitory Moms and all her classmates. It is hard to find a school with that type of warm environment with no influence of that political stuff. The school has rules that must be followed. To me that disciplined environment is what my daughter needed. It definitely prepared my daughter for college. Either you are a day student or a boarding student rigor academic is not a compromise at Solomon Christian School.

Solomon Christian School was one of the best life decisions I have ever made. I began at the age of fourteen, having only homeschooled with my sister. I was excited to attend real school for the first time, and SCS was the best way to start. Not only was my sister in all my classes, but I also made more of my closest friends in the small, friendly atmosphere. The teachers answered any questions I had and truly made what I learned interesting and clear. Moreover, the clubs and other activities provided made up some of my fondest memories. I realized my dreams of performance through Praise Club and Drama Club and learned new skills through Soccer Club. Overall I feel like I walked away with a great understanding of Calculus, Shakespeare, chemistry, , friendships, Scandinavian cookies, and pho. It was less of a high school and more of a community. The teachers are never bored, only eager to help us grow. Everyone seriously is friends with everyone. I grew more in those four years than had before. I came in as a grade-obsessed, scared little kid and left a confident, friendly girl. It's hard to explain what SCS did for me, but I guess you will see once you're there.

I attended Solomon Christian School from the day I started seventh grade to the day I graduated, and I would definitely recommend it to others! The excellent teachers were really helpful in catering to my individual needs and learning style. Their guidance and encouragement really helped me come out of my shell, and gain confidence as an individual. I appreciated the objective teaching style that allowed me room to form my own opinions--this really helped me prepare for my college. SCS is like a family; the teachers actually care and work to build long-lasting friendships with their students. That is something that I really appreciated! Something unique about SCS is the opportunity that it provides to be acquainted with people from other countries. The enrichment that this school provided for me in this respect was invaluable. Being friends with people of different cultures has its communication perks and differences, but I believe that it really helps one to relay thoughts more clearly and concisely and it also instills patience and fine-tunes problem-solving skills. Plus, you get to meet amazing people! I have made great friends and great memories at SCSl!

I am a teacher at this school. This school offers many advantages to students wanting to attend a four-year university in the United States. All of our students go on to college because they are driven, hard-working and mature. As a teacher, I enjoy the small class size, the supportive administration and respectful students. I am able to teach more than discipline (not true in public school). The school climate is positive and friendly and students develop close bonds with staff, teachers and each other. This is something the public school does not offer. Credit make-ups, a rigorous curriculum, and a positive, supportive school climate make SCS unique. It is a privilege and a pleasure to work here.

I love Solomon, I have been there for 3 years. The teachers are amazing and I feel like I really am learning quality stuff. We just started a basketball team, and though I didn't get to see them, I heard that they did really good. Though it doesn't have too many after school activities that appeal to the kids I can honestly say that this school is better than any public school and are great for kids who don't know English well.

Solomon Christian School has many great advantages that allow students to aim high and shoot straight! Students come from a variety of countries including Vietnam, China, Korea (and USA of course). As an international student I always receive very friendly welcome from the other students, as well as the teachers and staff at the school. Smaller class sizes and clubs/activity groups allow students to make close connections with each other as a student body, and to get more personalized attention from the teachers. Several helpful programs, such as Credit Make-Up and ESL, help support foreign students to improve their grades and their language skills. But most important of all, Solomon Christian School has a strong emphasis on students' spirit and its Christian identity. I can t say enough good things about it; it is a great school that helps prepare students for a great future.

My son finished his fist year of high school at SCS and had a wonderful experince. They have some of the most caring teachers, who set high standards and help students achive them. The small class size promotes more teacher student interactions and a richer learning environment. My family appritiates the diversity of students which is simillar to a college and helps prepare my child for his future. We are looking forward to three more great years at this wonderful school.

I am a student who has been in Solomon Christian School for two years and was recently admitted to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. SCS has helped me in many ways during this two-year journey of my life in the US. First of all, it helped me build good study habits. I feel like I've changed my study schedule since I officially started my regular school in September, 2010. The school helps students make their plans and timelines, which also teaches them how to reasonably arrange their study schedule. Moreover, the school helped me build many good relationships with teachers and students. They are kind and nice-going and always help me when I have some problems . The last thing that I want to mention is about the small class size in SCS which gives students more opportunities to communicate with teachers and get close with them. So that's all I want to say about the school that help me go to a good university.

There is a great harmony of effort between the students and faculty at Solomon Christian School. I think they expect the best from each other, and each works hard on their part. It can be difficult for many students this age to know their own abilities and to access them to their fullest extent due to shyness, or linguistic and cultural barriers in a diverse setting. But our teachers are great at helping to manifest and maximize each student s talents. Our teachers demonstrate the value of knowledge and of analytic thinking, showing our students that quality education is an inspiring and worthwhile enterprise. We offer a very rigorous schedule of classes to our students, and we balance that with many fun activities, such as our annual fall retreat, spring whiffleball tournament, seasonal parties throughout the year, and many weekly after-school clubs and activities, including a few sports. These activities help foster a positive and cooperative environment at SCS and are often organized by teams of students and faculty/staff. SCS is a great place for young people to receive an excellent education that will prepare them for success in their university years and beyond!

Last modified Solomon Christian School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12