Federal Way, WA

Posted September 08, 2014
Montessori is a great alternative to the broken Public School method!!! Spring Valley does have teachers and staff who care and if parents would take the time to provide feedback, I think they'll find the school is willing to listen. I do feel the school needs to review their tuition costs as they are pricing themselves right out of the market. Regarding the office staff. I agree with a previous review - one is helpful, the other is a bit of a ding dong. I've sent emails which have never been replied to. I believe in going over peoples heads when I can't get a response, so I go to the Director who is always wiling to listen and take input. If the school would lower the tuition they'd probably be able to increase enrollment. Also, they may want to hire someone to help promote the school. The current process isn't working. Seems to me - there are many Montessori schools for kids 3rd grade and below. Good promoting and lower tuitions could bring those 4th - 8th graders to Spring Valley!! With that said, I'll keep my child here even with the tuition costs because the teacher/student ratio can't be beat and my child can march to her/his own drum!!

Spring Valley Montessori School 1

Posted April 29, 2014
Totally is not worth the $10,000 a year. OMG they fired the best teacher they had. and is bribed and persuaded by unfair moms that pay tones of money for multiple children so they can get have influence to get innocent children in trouble. Worst school ever!

Posted March 11, 2014
We love Spring Valley Montessori School! My son has been in preschool for nearly a year and is looking forward to attending Kindegarten at SVM. He has learned so much since starting, both academically and socially. The preschool teachers are phenomenal and really get to know the needs of every child. My son is beaming with excitement every day when I drop him off and so happy to tell me what he learned when I pick him up. We couldn't be happier.

Posted April 18, 2013
I am one of the Directors at the school, and I'm also a parent. My daughter is in 7th grade and my son is in 5th grade. They both started with the school in Preschool. I want parents to know that the Administration takes parent concerns very seriously. If you are a parent, and have concerns, I urge you to make an appointment and discuss your concerns with us. We will talk to all of the concerned parties to see the complete picture; we are usually able to come to a good resolution for all parties involved. When resolving issues, we like to work quietly behind the scenes, so that no student, parent, teacher, or staff member feels singled out or gossiped about. Part of our education is Peace Education we teach the children how to resolve disputes through compromise, and that is how we like to address parent concerns. As a parent, I am happy. We ve been with the school for 11 years. I love that we have a low teacher/student ratio, so that our children can advance as far as possible in every subject. I love that my children love school! And, I love talking to them about what they are learning and seeing how complete their understanding is. --Susan Hancock, Finance Director

Posted April 05, 2013
Spring Valley is a wonderful school. My two boys attended Spring Valley for four years and feel at home there. SVM teachers and office staff are considered family to my children. When they see my child it isn't just a student they know by name, but they genuinely greet them and are invested in their lives. The campus is full of nature, something my children will never forget. Releasing salmon in the stream, watching the blue heron by the pond, seeing the baby birds nest each spring, listening to the woodpeckers on our walk to class, and the beautiful hummingbirds that feed by the office are all part of my children's memories at SVM. I highly recommend SVM. It is an investment we chose to make for our children will never regret it.

Spring Valley Montessori School 4

Posted March 26, 2013
I have met several children that have attended SVM and seen them grow and move on to high school and college, the parents of these children have been active with their children through their school years and I believe this has helped and is neccessary to matter where your children go to school. I get the impression that some parents who take their children to SVM or any other private schools expect the teachers and only the teachers to "teach" their children and think they do not to have to help with their homework or take an interest in what they are learning. Even though your children are at a great school it is to their benefit for "you" to be involved in all matters of learning. Submitted by a past educator

Posted March 25, 2013
"Mom when I am in 8th grade can I volunteer in summer school?" That for me says it all. A child that has been at the school for 8 years just cant get enough of it. Thank you Spring Valley for creating such a love of learning and a safe enviroment for my child to be who she is suppose to be not pushed to be. My kids love school everyday when we have break they are itching to get back to school. They want to learn and are never bored because there is no limit on how high they can go. That in itself is a reason to be at Spring Valley. Great Campus! Great Educatin! Montessori is an amazing way to get kids to love learning. The kids always look like they are having a great time. Would reccommend to all my friends. There is no bullying and regular harrasment that you see and hear in other schools. The school feels like a family. You can never please everyone all the time but even like the comment that is neg below mine her children are still at the school and she is happy with the education. The fluff beyond that for me really doesnt matter just my child and her learning to set her up for life.

Spring Valley Montessori School 2

Posted February 27, 2013
We've had a child at this school for a few years. The teachers have been great for the most part. However, the administration of this school is in need of an overhaul. The administrator is happy to meet and discuss items, but after a few meetings we noticed there was no follow-through to address the issues we discussed and no return communication. Additionally, there are two individuals that cover the office duties. One is helpful and friendly, while the other makes you feel lucky to receive the time of day from her. With the level of tuition and associated fees, I expect the school to act/respond in a professional manner. When our child started attending this school, one of the parents warned us about the administration and told us not to expect much from that side. It took some time to notice, but that statement holds true.

Spring Valley Montessori School 1

Posted November 01, 2012
We were excited to learn about SVM and decided that we would invest the 30min each way of driving to go there each day for our 6 year old daughter. Tuition for 1st grade is around $1,000 per month and so we are investing quite a bit in this school. We started school, my daughter was liking the school for the first couple of days. The following week or two, we started to notice a pattern. The front desk staff seems arrogant and bossy. They weren't very friendly, just seemed like they wanted to get back to doing their work. Not a good first impression. The 1st grade teacher seemed to have a similar attitude. My daughter came home crying and upset several days in a row. My daughter loved her other Montessori school and teacher, a night and day difference between SVM and our other Montessori school. Listen to your children - they tell you what is happening in the school while you are gone and how it makes them feel during the day. We decided to discontinue our attendence in the school mainly due to the bad feelings I was having at the Front Desk and with the 1st grade teacher. My daughter also didn't like how the school made her feel and was consistently upset. We don't recommend.

Posted September 10, 2012
I have two children who have attended Spring Valley Montessori School from Preschool (age 3) through 3rd grade. I have felt that there is no better alternative for early childhood education, for providing my children with a strong educational foundation, for providing my children with challenging academics, and for teaching my children important life skills. The thriving learning environment is full of a community of teachers, students, parents, and administrators who care about the children and their success.

Spring Valley Montessori School
36605 Pacific Highway South, Federal Way, WA  98003
Last modified Spring Valley Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
Spring Valley Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top