Federal Way, WA
Students enrolled: 1,538

Federal Way Senior High School 3

Posted March 13, 2012
I currently go to FWHS. I am only a freshman but so far in my experience i have learned that fed is a good place to go. We have a lot of good programs here and really good coaches. As a student i am involved in many sports and programs that they have here at fed. When i go to fed i feel safe. The staff is amazing. Being a student i feel like there is a connection between the teachers and students. The students are willing to learn and the teachers love their jobs. As a Cambridge student though i feel like i am not being challenged enough. All my classes are easy, especially since this new grading system. Sometimes i feel like i'm learning middle school all over again. Another flaw is the building. It is falling apart. Fire alarms randomly going off, no heat, clocks breaking down, tiles falling, leaks. All of those are some of the things i have witness during my 6 months here. Recently there was a levy for our school to be rebuilt and sadly it did not pass. We now have to make due with what we have left of this school. Despite those flaws the atmosphere here at fed is amazing. Many kids are kind and respectful. From what i have heard and experienced fed is an overall great school.

Posted February 09, 2011
The teachers are FANTASTIC but everything in or about the facility is disgusting. The hallways are abnormally crowded, people are extremely rude, and people get privileges they truly don't deserve. This place is NOT diverse, 49% white, but why does that matter?? It shouldn't. The people here are acceptable at times, but the school itself is a piece, and the whole establishment is practically useless. I am NOT challenged in any class because the requirements to be in it are to pass the state tests...So average people end up in advanced classes. I'm in tenth grade, and we were going over how to write a persuasive essay in my Cambridge english class. I LEARNED HOW TO DO THAT IN 5TH GRADE!!! WHY DO THEY ALLOW STUDENTS TO BE IN CLASSES THEY DON'T DESERVE TO BE IN?? I don't know why everyone's so prideful, this school is a dump. GO ROYALS!!

Federal Way Senior High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
My granddaughter goes there and my son once attended. My granddaughter is on the tennis team and is learning lots, and has great grades.

Posted September 10, 2010
Federal Way is NOT perfect, but when it comes to being real, it's as real as it gets. Diversity is not the only key to a good enviorment, but acception to diversity is what matters most. The students can't be generalized, but when it comes to homosexuality, being black, white, asian, whatever... I think Federal Way is one of the best schools in the area for you to feel like you can be yourself.

Federal Way Senior High School 5

Posted October 07, 2009

Federal Way Senior High School 5

Posted June 03, 2009
This school is great. It's a good place to get a good educations and a good place to do sports. Cambridge program is very unique around the Northwest. The rumors about this school being really dangerous and such is not true. The teachers are cool and the principle as well. I know this school is the best school in the Federal Way district. I would definitely recomment you to go to this school.

Posted May 22, 2009

Posted September 03, 2008
Im a student, and started my begining school year, as a freshman. And im already liking this school very much, great school spirit, we act as a family, and support one another. I've heard this school has top wasl scores, and have wonderful extracurricular activities, and programs like cambridge. Teachers at Federal Way High School are really helpful, and it does not have a high crime rate like people say, actually it's the least. No student i know of, have committed a crime from federal way. It's an awesome school, and i love it. Eagles Dynasty!

Posted April 10, 2008
this school is not a school that cares about student opinion anymore, if it ever did. the princapal has told students to not be rude, wile being extremely rude and saying we dont matter. the only reason she has not been caught is because nobody in that school district will listen.

Posted November 27, 2007
As a student, high jumper, and cheerleader at Federal Way High School I must say that I love my school. We are very diverse and the several different groups get along very well. It's like a family atmosphere here. My teachers are always available to help me with work or just talk about my home life. The staff honestly cares. Our building is a little older then the others in the district but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. In my history class we went to the bomb shelters and learned our lesson. What other school can offer that? No matter what others think of my school I will stand by it always. Eagles Unite, BLUE AND WHITE!

Federal Way Senior High School
30611 16th Av South, Federal Way, WA  98003
Last modified Federal Way Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Federal Way Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top