Issaquah, WA

Posted April 17, 2014
We've had our daughter in Challenger for almost 4 years. Teacher quality is excellent, with only a few exceptions of mediocrity. Academic demands are rather tough for Elementary school, but reasonable; there is ample time to catch up, if you fall a bit behind. Our daughter has made significant academic progress each year, without being too stressed-out. The school is in a low-traffic, residential area with good possibilities for biking to and from school. There is ample space for play during recess, and after school in the park-like surroundings. Each year there in an International Fair with exhibits from the many countries that are represented by the student body. There is also a rather ambitious Science Fair. After-school services are provided each school day and during summer vacation.

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted December 03, 2009
My kids love everything about this school. They look forward to school every day.

Posted October 07, 2009
Caring, dedicated and well organized!

Challenger Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2009

Posted March 08, 2009
Having moved to the area when my son had already started 2nd grade, we were very pleased with the quality of the education. Kids are sponges at this age so it is so valuable to stretch their knowledge and experiences.

Challenger Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2008

Challenger Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2006
This school has been extremely frustrating. Most learning that my child accomplishes is independent learning - which makes me feel like my child's teacher isn't involved in the learning of my child at all. The school spirit blows, and everyone (including the front office) is extremely rude. I don't know if everyone became snotty after their house prices tripled in value or if all the rude people are all congregating together in one place. This is my children's 4th school and I would rank it the lowest of all my experiences.

Posted November 08, 2005
A really good school. The 2nd & 3rd grade teams are very strong as are so many other grades. There is tons of parental support and a strong sense of school spirit.

Challenger Elementary School 0

Posted October 21, 2005
I am not sure what to write here, since I do not really have any good information about this school yet. But looking at the web sites, it surely seems like a pretty good school for my son to go to. But I am concerned about lack of school bus transit.

Challenger Elementary School
25200 SE Klahanie Blvd, Issaquah, WA  98029
Last modified Challenger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Challenger Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top