Bad
Good

Any parent that attended the recent Kenmore Jr. High orientation could readily see the community strength of KE. Perhaps it was only a function of numbers, but what I saw was a level of esprit de corps that others seemed to lack. As noted, there is much more to it than test scores. KE is by far the most diverse, reflecting the world in which our children will grow and become a part of. The majority of low income housing in Kenmore feeds into KE including a higher percentage of ESL students. Perhaps recent news of racist statements recorded at the school board meeting should highlight this issue in our community and limit a single shibboleth from detracting from our history and heritage of inclusiveness. Visit the school for yourself and I guarantee any cynicism will quickly melt away. As far as facilities go KE could use a major update! I'm not positive but I think we have the only indoor kiln in the district. The air quality in portables is an issue, though not exclusively to KE. We also lack a grass athletic field... also not exclusive to KE. The Gym however is scheduled for a refurbishing with District funds and the hard work of our outstanding PE Teacher Mr. Frisch's fundraising and lobbying efforts. Any lack in facilities is easily compensated in the hard work and dedication of our teachers and staff. Mrs. Plant (1st grade teacher) recently obtained funds and managed thru completion the addition of a learning garden to the school. We get every cent we put in back from these outstanding educators. They constantly make me eat my words and earn my respect thru their actions. I can honestly say I love KE!

LOVE this school! Such a great fit for our family--truly great teachers and a healthy positive environment for our kids. New principal this year who seems very strong and committed. Our kids (3) all have tested well on the state tests so we aren't concerned by overall test scores. All the teachers are good to excellent, but if you get Ms Plant, Mrs Sweeny, Ms Combs, or Mrs Olson, you've struck gold!

This school is fantastic! Our family has been here for 4 years and overall, we love this school. The new principal, Melissa Riley, is amazing and we are so excited about the positive changes and direction she is taking--it's only going to get better. I can't believe the greatschool rating is so low since it really doesn't reflect the quality of the teaching. Our two kids both do very well and we are happy about our choice to send them here.

I have two children who attend Kenmore Elementary. I've had nothing but really great experiences with all of my kid's teachers. They have always been available, helpful and accomodating. My son has ADHD and his IEP team really supports him and makes sure he gets all the services he needs. Great school!

We will start our sixth year at Kenmore Elementary this fall and can't wait! I encourage those looking into attending KE to learn what this dynamic community has to offer to students and families. Our talented and dedicated staff has the highest of expectations for all students. Teachers and staff work tirelessly to meet the needs of ALL learners through targeted instruction and support from special programs. They enthusiastically mentor students in Drama, Math Olympiad, Student Gov t and after school sports. Building-wide positive behavior support provides structure across grade levels to help students succeed. PTA programs are amazing! Check the KE PTA website to learn more about Academic Enrichment, Social/Community Support, Family/Fun Events and our exquisitely streamlined and consistently successful fundraising efforts! KE students go on to success in middle school and high school and beyond. They thrive, in no small part, because of the experiences they ve had at Kenmore Elementary. Check out what Kenmore Elementary, our PTA and the community offer students and their families. We look forward to meeting you soon!

Kenmore Elementary is tremendous school. All of the teachers and staff are warm, friendly and welcoming. Most importantly, the teachers have put in place a curriculum that supports growth and learning in a positive environment of respect, friendship and cooperation.

I'm very impressed with this school. Last year we had an issue come up and within 2 hours the principal had resolved the problem and called multiple parents to let them know how it had been resolved. He also made himself available for follow up questions.

The principal is weak and does not address issues AT ALL. Too many old grouches working here who are so unhappy that the kids suffer.. Definitely moving my kids out of the school.

We have been at Kenmore Elementary for 6 years now and cannot say enough good things about it. The teachers and staff are approachable, dedicated, sincere, and do an excellent job with a challenging demographic. The Great School rating doesn't give an accurate representation of what the school has to offer. The academic curricula is the same here as it is at the other schools in the district. Our own children are "highly capable" and we strongly feel that their academic needs are more than met. The school has a strong Math Olympiad, Chess club, enriched reading groups, and excellent coverage of science, art, and music. The Science Fair, Art Docent, and music programs are especially well done. The PTA is active and supports a broad spectrum of enrichment opportunities and teachers are keen to have parent involvement in the classroom. The social environment at the school pushes kindness towards others, making good choices, responsibility, and civic pride. Other schools in the district might test better due to a less diverse student body, but we feel our kids are having a well rounded elementary experience and will be well prepared for middle and high school.

Our family has been in this school for eight years so far and we are extremely happy here. The teachers are excellent and work very hard to see that individual learning needs are met. The principal and teachers work very well together and provide many opportunities for parent involvement. Lots of emphasis on positive character traits. There are some great after school activities too including sports, arts, chess, math team and science.

Last modified Kenmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.