Bad
Good

My children have attended St. Joseph's for 8 years. I find that the middle school program is very disorganized and the teachers very difficult to communicate with. The athletic program is a fun get by program. Not well organized. The classroom sizes are much larger than promoted and the teachers are lacking support to manage them. The homework load is huge. This is how students get prepared for high school. The education time is not in the classroom. It is a program that is up to the parents to be the main teacher. If you have a child who a self learner, likes lots of academic homework, has no learning issues and does not care about other out side activity time them maybe its the challenging school for you.

After attending a Catholic school for over 9 years, I can honestly say it has made a difference. I am not only well prepared for my high school curriculum, but I am confident in facing new challenges. The bond I created with my classmates at St. Joe's is something I will carry with me forever.

The new reading curriculum adoption for the 2007-2008 school year should help address the Kindergarten curriculum problem. Great WASL Test Score. Consistenty above state and district averages. Strong sense of community.

A great school with a wonderful staff, outstanding academics, and a healthy spiritual life.

My daughter attended St. Joseph's for two years of montessori and then for kindergarten. While I would fall over myself recommending the montessori I am sad to say that she will not be returning for 1st grade. As noted by another parent below, I was extremely impressed with the advanced concepts introduced in the preschool program. However, upon entrance to kindergarten we were told that they 'teach to the bottom of the class.' Always advanced, she began to lag behind our friends' children in public school. By the end of the year they had just started to cover some of the topics and skills she had already learned in preschool. We have spent all summer trying to get her ready for 1st grade. Overall, I would say the montessori is a great investment in your child's future but beyond that the school is a waste of money.

A wonderful new pricipal began working at St. Joseph's Fall 2007. What a blessing to the school. She has more than 20 years experience from the public sector and is very well respected. My daughter attends the Montessori preschool there and I can't say enough good things about it. The teachers are caring and talented and my daughter looks forward to going each day. A tight knit community is another plus.

Last modified St. Josephs School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8