Kent, WA

Posted April 23, 2014
I'm really happy about this school ,we moved here about 2 years ago ,kids really happy with teachers and staff ,teachers always here to help us and kids......will recommend this school to others!!!!Don't know why other parents is not exited about Soos Creek E!!!

Soos Creek Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2013
It is extremely disappointing that I have to write a little bit about our experience about this school, in particular the ECE Preschool program. We were excited for our child to be accepted into the program considering the special needs our child needed. Our child was part of this program for a couple of years and while there has been great improvements in our child's academics. What lacks in the ECE program is communication. There has been some instances that we had to "chase" the teacher down to talk about the progress about our child. We felt that we were an inconvenience to her schedule than accommodating and willing to work with us. I want the best for our child and expect the same from the teacher as well. Not true in our case. The biggest blow was this past school year, there was a conference meeting she had "forgotten" to inform us about. We were looking forward in learning/hearing about our child's progress, however, the new school had to informed us about it. I guess the new school questioned the teacher and her team why we weren't present, and they promised the new school she will contact us about the meeting. You can guess...they never did.

Soos Creek Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2013
Response to 8/9/13. Some of your problems with Soos Creek are out of the school's hands. Crowded classrooms are a state problem. The principal - Mrs. Drobny (o, not a) - does her best adding part time aids to full classrooms. Parking is ridiculous but, spaces were added this summer. This was designed as a walking school (as mentioned). What'll help is parents walking with their kids (or organize walkingpools, have a neighbor or teen (they are out earlier) walk with your child. Not possible for everyone but, is for some. Apathetic and impersonal teachers - really? I haven't found this. I've had lots of contact with teachers including phone calls and notes home. All teachers I've dealt with over the last 9 years have cared about my kids. I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with our principal. I've found her great to work with. She knows all of the kids, cares about our families, and expects a lot from her staff. She's called me to discuss my kids. She's different from the previous principal but, that doesn't mean she's not a good leader - just different. Over all, I've loved the feeling of community at Soos Creek and feel it's given my kids a great start in school.

Soos Creek Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2013
The only reason I gave this 1 star is because I could not rate it lower. I have had more than one child go to this school and have experienced the different styles of the past two principals. The difference is night and day. Under the current regime, the classes are over crowded, the parking is ridiculous, the teachers are apathetic and impersonal and the principal is incompetent. The school relies on blending different grades because the Kent school district refuses to properly staff this school. Principal Drabny is a cold and ineffective P.C. enforcer who terrorizes the students with threats of expulsion in order to shape them into scared underachievers. This school went from being one of the best Kent had to offer to being just another school. Kent school districts decision to bus in students after closing schools that didn't "make the grade" has made bringing your child to school and picking them up a fatal car accident waiting to happen. The only hope for your child is to show some exceptionalism in order for them to leave the school to go to Sunrise Elementary across the street. Ten years ago I would have given this school an A-. Now I give it an solid F.

Posted November 07, 2011
I love going to this school I am in sixth grade currently and I couldn't think of a better elementary school in the state of Washington. Most kids in this school are sent to Northwood Middle School ( probably the most challenging Middle school in the Kent school district). Soos Creek teachers are mostly nice. I think it is a great school, but their are still a few flaws.

Posted September 03, 2011
I have been a parent at Soos Creek for over 7 years and could not imagine my children anywhere else. Soos Creek has an overwhelming sense of community and closeness; my sons have always been very comfortable there. It's our second home. The staff is not only warm and welcoming but experienced and wise. The principal is patient and fair with both students and parents and handles any issues with grace and competence. The staff is constantly attending trainings and collaborating with others to improve their skills. SC is a very diverse school and seems to embrace everyone equally. A terrific place to spend your elementary years!

Posted May 06, 2011
I am an active parent volunteer at Soos Creek. There hasn't been one day this school year where there were no parent volunteers. The staff is very amazing, all very helpful people. The student population is diverse and so are the families. My daughter experienced some small issues with bullying that were immediately handled by her teacher and the principle. This is an amazing place for children to get their start in this big world!

Soos Creek Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2011
If you can avoid this school and Kent School district, in general...do it! My son has had to endure bullies, apathetic teachers and a generally poor learning environment. Very, very disappointed.

Soos Creek Elementary School 3

Posted January 24, 2006
my child went to this school for 5th and 6th grade and I was not impressed by the lay out of the school. There are no doors to the classrooms which keeps the noise level very high and distracts the students. Too bad, the teachers are very nice.

Soos Creek Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2005
Great, great, school! My family loves it.

Soos Creek Elementary School
12651 SE 218th Place, Kent, WA  98031
Last modified Soos Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Soos Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top