Posted January 14, 2014
KMS has been a great school for my kids. I have had 3 kids go through and they have had a uniformly excellent experience, both academically and socially. I think that the principal is very good at both attracting high quality teachers and retaining them. The staff is very caring and committed to educating and supporting all of the children, whether they are at the high or low end of academic success. A lot of effort and thought is put into creating a safe, supportive environment. I have high academic expectations for my children and for the schools they attend, and I have been very satisfied with their experience at KMS/KJH.

Posted August 08, 2013
I would not recommend sending any child to this school, not only did my child suffer a major academic decline in the time there, my child was bullied at school, on the bus and even during extra curricular sporting events. The bullying was so intense my spouse and I witnessed it at an after school game and were in utter shock at the flagrancy of the kids. When I say bullying what I mean is constant verbal abuse, physical threats along with several students taking turns shoving students in a circle, physically being kicked out of seats on a bus along with several other things that are far too hurtful as a parent to go on about. After several attempts with the school counselor and vice-principal to address the situation head on, we were completely let down by the schools nonchalant attitude and lack of willingness to execute their "zero tolerance bullying policy". Not to mention the fact that every student signs the same code of conduct that comes in the handbook at the beginning of every year that clearly states students must not physically harm other students. I believe faculty mishandled this severely, actually creating more of a problem than before. Academics were weak at best.

Posted January 22, 2013
Both my kids went here as a junior high... it was great. While not every moment is perfect (remember, this is junior high!) the teachers and staff were magnificent. Very caring, always willing to help. The PTA was a quiet group but very supportive and really helped in the communication between school and home.

Kirkland Junior High School 4

Posted November 26, 2012
We have had great success at the Middle School. Both my kids were in and are currently in the honors programs. I love the high expectations placed on the kids. It's a great, safe and enriched program... We looked at private schools around the area, and my kids were on pace, and sometimes ahead..

Posted December 14, 2010
1. Very unwelcoming to a new parent. Low parent/teacher interaction. SO much so, I'm pulling my child winter break. For Kirkland, It's an embarrassment. 2. SOFTBALL-If you want your child to play softball beware the coach plays his daughter most games (because she is good. but can you imagine how the children feel?!) and half the team benchsits. VERY disappointing.

Kirkland Junior High School 2

Posted August 03, 2010
KJH is not for the academically advanced student. To make their advanced classes larger, they include many marginal students. This policy is nice for the marginal students; but, it slows the progress of the advanced students. I had both a boy and a girl attend KJH. Both were advanced. Both graduated with cumulative 4.0s. He was treated with respect and his achievements were cheered. She was berated and her achievements were denigrated. She is well-liked by her peers. But for many life-long friendships, we would have removed her from this school.

Kirkland Junior High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Terrific school with wonderful staff who have helped to shape my son into the wonderful child that he is.

Posted September 08, 2009

Posted May 21, 2009

Kirkland Junior High School 0

Posted February 20, 2009
all of these people are wrong, kirkland is good and its not hard to make friends at all.

Kirkland Junior High School
430 18th Ave, Kirkland, WA  98033
Last modified Kirkland Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kirkland Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top