Lake Washington High School 3

Posted September 28, 2014
I am a sophomore currently at this school, my freshman year was a really good overall year. I personally do not like the some of the teachers at this school. The math department is TERRIBLE, my math teacher was very immature and would tell us to "shut up" and wasn't very professional. It's been 3 weeks since school started and i've already had to reach out to a tutor for geometry. Some teachers are either super cool and helpful and others are just completely awful and seem like they hate their job. Another reason I don't like this school very much is how small it is, but that's just a personal opinion. I like the feeling of having a large, spirited school, and LW is not my ideal school in that case. Everyone knows everyone and everything. A lot of the people here are very stuck-up and rude and majority of the Athletics are not very good. The administration is alright, I personally do not like the principal.

Lake Washington High School 1

Posted June 07, 2014
I'm just ending my freshmen year at Lake Washington and I will not be attending next year. I absolutely hated it. The teachers are terrible and childish. My Algebra teacher would yell "shut up" at everybody, but if we said "shut up" she would get mad. She yelled at me across the room to "grow up" in front of the entire class when she could have easily taken me outside to speak. She's called students "stupid" and "moron". When I spoke to the vice princable she did absolutely nothing about it. Didn't even speak with the teacher. I got suspended two times because of that teacher and both times none of the THREE principles bothered to tell my mom. 3 out of my 5 teachers would lash out at students for stupid reasons instead of handelling it responsibly. The Lake Washington administration is terrible.

Lake Washington High School 2

Posted January 19, 2013
Look, I've gone to only one public high school, so I can't really say whether this is a good or bad school in comparison to any other. For this reason, I've decided to play it safe and give the school two stars. I am an ex-Quest program student (part-time at Sandberg El, Full time Kamiakin JHS) and I was terribly disappointed in most every class offered. A few teachers there were decent, more laid back and made an effort to get you to like them and the work you were doing. They would give you a little wiggle room so that you could truly own your work and be take their studies in your own direction. The vast majority, however, were all notes and worksheets. Some of the administrative staff was alright, but its been largely replaced by pseudo-authoritarian figures. I suppose I wrote a couple good essays in my one and a half years there, (transferred to LW Technical College to do their Academy program. I HIGHLY recommend it, for students of any GPA) but I mostly just slept and did lots of drugs. Parents of '12, be sure to ask your kids about 'Thizzin Thursdays,' if you have a chance. That should be a laugh and a half. The house system is also a little unsettling.

Posted April 12, 2012
Lake Washington High School is outstanding for many reasons. They have a very proactive principal who is driven to make this school a top one in the district. They recently earned 3 Washington State Achievement Awards: Overall Excellence, Language Arts, & Overall Improvement. This school offers excellent honors and AP classes. The staff communicates with parents and are very available for students and care about their success. The stunning, brand new school was opened in Fall 2011. They are one of the smaller high schools in the Lake Washington District which is beneficial for students and staff getting to know one another.

Posted August 01, 2010
The Staff at Lake Washington High School are very attentive to each students needs and highly encourages the best from each student!! I would recommend Lake Washington HS!

Posted September 08, 2009

Lake Washington High School 1

Posted June 02, 2009

Lake Washington High School 3

Posted May 15, 2009
I struggled with some personal issues in 10th grade and the school was awesome at helping me out with that. I was able to take the time i needed to get my life back together. Upon returning to school i relized what I was missing all along. That motivation is key in doing well in school. Sadly I found this motivation from only a few teachers most all of it (motivation) had to come from myself. That would be my biggest problem, the teachers, good or bad, are not always more than just individuals that seem to have a base of information but not always the means to get that information to us. That is not to say there are not awesome teachers at this school. Some the the most helpful people in my life are teachers as LW.

Posted April 21, 2009

Lake Washington High School 2

Posted February 05, 2009

Lake Washington High School
12033 NE 80th, Kirkland, WA  98033
Last modified Lake Washington High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Washington High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.