PK-1, 4-5
Lake Tapps, WA

Posted May 19, 2015
My son went to this school a few years ago. Not impressed. Some of the teachers were great and the one he had was awful. I tried to chaperone on a field trip and his teacher said to me there is not enough room on the bus.WHAT?? My son told me that she would throw fits and yell at the kids.One time he forgot his jacket in the classroom and the playground teacher would not let him go back inside to get it! It was in December and freezing out.

Posted January 17, 2015
This is my son's first year (2014 - 2015) at Dieringer Heights Elementary..... First off my son has a learning disability and has beyond struggled in 3 different school districts. Here at Dieringer Heights it has been different..... very different. I think in the first half of the year so far he has moved forward more then he did TOTAL from K -3rd. I cannot get over the difference it has been. We have had some really amazing teachers in the past and maybe one that just wanted to get him to the next grade no matter what for the rating of the school but the principal, staff and teachers here at Dieringer are so amazing and we feel so lucky to be attending at this school!!!

Posted November 14, 2014
I agree with another response. If your child or family does not fit into their mold they will fail your child. A huge disappointment.

Posted May 01, 2014
Hands down the best public school district in Western Washington. We lover it so much we waver our kids in. soon we would love to move into the district, but it is very pricey.

Posted August 29, 2013
I am so glad that we moved to this district! There are quite a few things that stand out to me with this school in particular. We moved here in the middle of last year and the transition for my 4th grader was seamless. The principle and both Joyce and Chris in the office were a huge help in getting him in the school and feeling totally comfortable. His teacher was Mrs.Gray and within two weeks of the move she had him so well adjusted that you would have thought he had been there the whole time. She also encouraged him with his strengths in math and also with his least favorite subject reading. The school challenge for reading helped him read 17 books just in the last half of the year. (15 more than his previous semester at the highly capable program in our previous district). The principle makes time to be around at each and every event, encourages parents to join in and most of all loves the kids. The after school activities are great. My son did both skiing and running club and loved both and plans on doing them again this year. It is no surprise to me that everyone in the are raves about these schools.

Dieringer Heights Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
Very surprised by the previous reviewer's 1-star rating. Our daughter started school at DHES last year and she does have some special needs that require extra attention. We have been nothing but pleased with the staff and principal this far. Looking forward to next year!

Posted June 06, 2013
We moved to the area in December and our 4th Grade son started at DHES. It has been such a wonderful transition! All of the teachers have been friendly and helpful. I have spent one afternoon a week volunteering in the classroom for 5 months now and have been overwhelmed with how great this school is! We came from a wonderful district where our son attended a highly capable program that was very intense. Any worry about him being challenged here were quickly put to rest with the reading incentives and math groups they do that fit your child's level. They have great events for the families to participate in with their kids too. The after school activities on Fridays were a great way for our son to get to know other kids. Both secretaries were so helpful in getting us registered and set up with activities and the principle makes himself very available for any questions or concerns. Even serves up burgers at the family BBQ. We are so grateful for the teachers and staff at DHES. It feels like we have always been here!

Posted March 21, 2013
This school is not a good school for black children. They assume they are unable to learn like white student. They place your child in a stereotype, even though he or she comes from a great home. Then they try to put your child in special education programs so they won't be accountable for there education. Horrible school for African American children. But they provide agreat education to white kids.

Posted December 17, 2012
Horrible experience for my child. This school is great if you have a child who is of the norm. If your child has special needs or does not fit the mold, they will fail here. They will not get the support they need, even though the teachers and the counselors talk a good talk. No follow through happens and there is gross lack of communication. We mistakenly thought they had our child's best interest at heart, however, we were proven wrong.

Posted June 29, 2011
I absolutely love this district. The community is marvelous! Family support is great, teachers and staff are wonderful! I feel like we got very a very personalized education from pre K to 5th grade!

Dieringer Heights Elementary School
21727 34th St East, Lake Tapps, WA  98390
Last modified Dieringer Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1, 4-5
Dieringer Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top