Bad
Good

While the buildings are quite old, the staff is amazing. Great at communicating with parents and keeping us involved in our children's education. They also have more extracurricular activities for the students than any other elementary school my kids have experienced thus far. This is a school that other schools should strive to resemble. We love Oak Heights!

After bad experiences with other schools in the area, I am happy to have found a school that my son and I love. Every person at Oak Heights helped make the transition to a new school go smoothly for my son and it's nice to have staff that actually care about the students, and whether they are truly learning.

We have had really good experiences with our children's teachers in the first 4 years of their attendance at Oak Heights. Many of the teachers have dedicated their careers to this community! All the families we have encountered are involved and caring. We feel this is a strong neighborhood school.

Our daughter attended first through 6th grade. Very active PTA, Principal is great! Wonderful music program and a nice safe environment. Buildings are a little old and need some upgrades but overall we were extremely happy with the teachers.

Oak Heights Elementary is very good all the teachers are very nice only 3 or 4 have GOT to go my son loves his teacher he but he says the principal is mean but she's new so she has room to improve

The school is old and a mess. There are several teachers that are getting up in age and need to be replaced. I think we need to get the younger blood in to teach our kids. The principal is a joke. He talks a big talk but never follows thru with the walk. Maybe he came to Oak Heights to beef up his pension. Hope he retires soon. The school lacks security. There is not one secure thing about this facility. You can enter the campus from amny different locations and never be seen. You can walk in from the front of the school right past the office and no one will know the difference. How safe is this school really? If I could afford it, my child would not be attending this school.

There are a few good teachers here, but several that need to go. The school is filthy- years of lazy custodians left it a mess, and the current staff isn't given the time or tools to turn it around. The principal is a softy that expects nothing of no-one, whether it's faculty, staff or students, so no one is ever brought to task when they are not doing their job, nor encouraged to improve. The principal is more concerned about befriending a few bullying kids that have a poor homelife than proctecting the rest of the students that get bullied. The curriculum is lacking compared to other district schools that have better character, music, art and pe. If you like sad & mediocre, this is your school!

Didnt like the school. Teachers seems to be average. school does not looks clean. i feel uncomfortable to send my son there.

If you can afford it, send your kid to private school if cursed with Oak Heights.

Last modified Oak Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.