Lynnwood, WA

Oak Heights Elementary School 5

Posted March 09, 2015
Our daughter attended first through 6th grade. Very active PTA, Principal is great! Wonderful music program and a nice safe environment. Buildings are a little old and need some upgrades but overall we were extremely happy with the teachers.

Oak Heights Elementary School 5

Posted January 30, 2011
Oak Heights Elementary is very good all the teachers are very nice only 3 or 4 have GOT to go my son loves his teacher he but he says the principal is mean but she's new so she has room to improve

Posted December 04, 2008
The school is old and a mess. There are several teachers that are getting up in age and need to be replaced. I think we need to get the younger blood in to teach our kids. The principal is a joke. He talks a big talk but never follows thru with the walk. Maybe he came to Oak Heights to beef up his pension. Hope he retires soon. The school lacks security. There is not one secure thing about this facility. You can enter the campus from amny different locations and never be seen. You can walk in from the front of the school right past the office and no one will know the difference. How safe is this school really? If I could afford it, my child would not be attending this school.

Oak Heights Elementary School

Posted November 17, 2008
There are a few good teachers here, but several that need to go. The school is filthy- years of lazy custodians left it a mess, and the current staff isn't given the time or tools to turn it around. The principal is a softy that expects nothing of no-one, whether it's faculty, staff or students, so no one is ever brought to task when they are not doing their job, nor encouraged to improve. The principal is more concerned about befriending a few bullying kids that have a poor homelife than proctecting the rest of the students that get bullied. The curriculum is lacking compared to other district schools that have better character, music, art and pe. If you like sad & mediocre, this is your school!

Posted March 26, 2008
Didnt like the school. Teachers seems to be average. school does not looks clean. i feel uncomfortable to send my son there.

Posted May 28, 2007
If you can afford it, send your kid to private school if cursed with Oak Heights.

Posted May 12, 2006
My daughter attends PM Kindergarten with Mrs. Bailey. I can't say enough good things about the teacher, as well as Mr Willis, the principle. Oak Heights is a great school.

Posted February 23, 2006
This is my son's first year at Oak Heights Elementary and I was a little nervous about changing schools. He'd been going to Martha Lake Elementary from kindergarten through fourth grade and had to change because of the boundary changes. I'm very happy with Oak Heights. I was able to meet the principal who left last year - what a really nice man, and I also really like the new principal. I think it's great that he spends a lot of time out with the kids, not just sitting in his office. I think my son is going to do just fine at Oak Heights.

Posted October 07, 2005
Oak Heights has a high level of parent involvement. The music program-especially the band program-is very good. Our child is very happy in his class and has experienced two wonderful classroom teachers-in 5th and 6 th grade.

Posted September 25, 2005
This school has improved so much from last year.

Oak Heights Elementary School
15500 18th Ave West, Lynnwood, WA  98037
Last modified Oak Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top