Posted June 02, 2014
We love FASPS. My daughter has been attending this school for three years starting in PK. The teaching staff has been excellent, knowledgeable, attentive, and caring. We have been so lucky and the quality of the teaching staff shows in our daughter who continues to thrive every year she is at FASPS. We are continually impressed with the personal attention our daughter receives as she gains an education at FASPS. We also love the community the school creates around the students and families. We feel that our whole family has been enriched by FASPS, not just our daughter. I wholeheartedly recommend this school to anyone, not just for the fantastic bi-lingual program but also for the quality and care put into everything the school does. The administration is thoughtful, the lessons are engaging and creative, and the teachers are world class. The student body and their families are so privileged to be a part of this school and community.

Posted April 11, 2014
Our 4 year old son is in the YPK class and has been at the school for almost a year. He loves to teach us all the new words he is learning and what I enjoy most is hearing him sing songs in French at home. The way the teachers and school work to help each child with their individual strengths is amazing. FASPS is a community where you leave your child everyday and know that they will learn in a caring environment.

Posted January 13, 2014
We have two children attending FASPS. We all love our new school. Its been amazing to see our kids learn a second language, so quickly. (exactly 1 year ago) They do a great job at merging the French and American curriculum.The teachers have been very attentive to my children's specific needs and personal potential goals. The school's staff is always helpful and the parent community is very welcoming. MERCI!

Posted December 21, 2013
I couldn't have asked for a better school for my shy 4 year old girl. On daily basis my daughter is challenged academically and intellectually. She is so proud to tell me nearly every day how many new things she has learned at school. This was impressive given the fact that she is a highly capable child. One of my concerns on starting new school (in a foreign language) was my daughter's shyness and her emotional development. In less than a month, my daughter had nearly a full class of best friends. I remain amazed at how well the school administration does in selecting families -I haven't met one family who has not felt like they fit in (especially those who've been here for at least a year). Everyone at the school is so accommodating and supportive, and I know I can count on this school providing the best education for my daughter that I can get here in Seattle. Despite the lengthy commute and exhausting days, it has all been worth it.

Posted August 15, 2013
We have been a part of the FASPS community for the last five years. Our oldest is entering the 3rd grade and our middle child is going into his pre-kindergarten this fall. We have been thoroughly impressed with the phenomenal curriculum and the exceptional caliber of the teaching staff. The head of school is engaging and professional. Patricia Blaise-Caves and Anne Derieux Directors of Admissions and Advancement are both remarkable in their dedication to the students, school and parent community. I highly recommend the school for those families looking for an academically strong, multi-lingual, cultural diverse, conscientious, and technically savvy education.

Posted July 11, 2013
My son has attended FASPS for the past two years and will be entering Kindergarten there in the fall. I was originally drawn to the school because of its bilingual French-English program from preschool through 8th grade and strong academic reputation. In our two years there, the quality of instruction has exceeded my expectations and my son is absolutely thriving. The teachers are warm and nurturing yet firm and rigorous. Though I have spoken French to him at home since he was born, I have seen a vast improvement in his French since he started at FASPS. The parent and school community is very diverse, engaged, and welcoming. We felt at home right away and have made great friendships over the past two years. I am impressed with the school's leadership and feel that it is very well run. I highly recommend this school to anyone interested in a multilingual education experience for their children.

Posted January 22, 2013
We have two children at this school and I can't say enough good things about our experience. The teachers and the administrators embody a great balance between creating structure and boundaries in a loving and attentive way that is unique for each child. Everyone faces challenges with the kids with a very positive, can-do attitude. Can't say enough good things about the head of the school and his vision to make it an even better place for our kids. We are non-French speaking family and have loved the way our kids are evolving bilingually.

Posted July 02, 2012
Both our children have been at the school for over years. The education is great not only because of the French program, but because they have a parallel English program, so our children were exposed to both cultures and both educational methods. And it is small enough that we know all the teachers, and all the staff and teachers know our kids by name. It is like a second family to our kids. The school has helped us financially the whole time, which has been an extraordinary boon for our family as we would never been able to afford this kind of education for our kids without their support. And we have never felt anything negative because of this. It is true that because of the help they provide to many different kinds of families, socio-economic backgrounds are very diverse, so that takes some adjustment, but I love that diversity as well.

Posted June 03, 2012
Now that we are living abroad, far from the FASPS, we realize how much we appreciate the qualities and values of this school. It offers a perfect balance between the demanding nature of French education and the humanistic focus of the American approach. Great job, keep up the good work !

French American School of Puget Sound 2

Posted March 06, 2012
The children learn a lot but Be strong with the teachers! The school administration is full of money driven members. I hate to say this because the one that interviews you & your child is grate & comforts you but once you ask for financial aid some members do look down on you & even try to avoid you. They know who gets aid & who has money. It's so pretentious & am moving my child from this environment. We need our kids growing up with genuine people & teachers that show they care about the child and not the money. (Over all your child will learn. Just be STRONG!)

French American School of Puget Sound
3795 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040
Last modified French American School of Puget Sound is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
French American School of Puget Sound Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.