Moses Lake, WA

Posted June 04, 2013
My daughter has been in kindergarten this year and we are having a great time..

Lakeview Terrace Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2013
Many criticisms here reflect not school but district policies & state requirements. The best things about Lakeview are the principal & counselor. I've had a few kids go through this school, with 3 different principals. Each of the principals knew every student by name, generally within 2-3 days. The current principal, Mr. Pike, has a gift for calming children and getting situations in hand. The counselor, Mrs. Ebel, is truly gifted with children, applying a combination of psychology & common sense. She does ongoing research to meet the needs of individual students. I believe every student there considers her an ally and friend. The kids at Lakeview are extremely polite and helpful toward each other, the staff, and visitors. I've seen entire classes come to the defense of one special ed student. The Watchdog program gets fathers volunteering. It is very successful, and it inspires the kids to see their dads at school. My only negative is that Mr. Pike has little understanding of students who are both gifted and disabled. His expectations are sometimes based on intelligence rather than maturity or individual needs. Overall, my kids' time here has been very positive.

Lakeview Terrace Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2012
My son has been in this school for two years and, let me tell you, they do not care about the kids. My son is bigger than the other first graders at this school and is subject to bullying. We have attempted to work with the staff to no avail. The only thing they do is provide snide and condescending remarks and make it out to be that we (the parents) are the real issue. we moved to this area so my son can attend this school and that was a mistake! There is never a real resolution for this issue. the aides in the playground are first understaffed, and secondly could care less if a child is getting beat up. Their cell phones are obviously more interesting. We are moving and filing a complaint with the school board.

Lakeview Terrace Elementary School 2

Posted February 13, 2012
So...you do not know how good you have it until your get something else. The story of my family is; we moved to WA from ND and enrolled our 2 kids in this school. It did not take us long to see the difference. First, because my daughter has special needs (autism) and she really struggled to fit in as she was constantly made fun of by the other children and came home crying 2 out of every 5 days of school. The school has tried to help in all fairness. In the meantime, my son has now learned a new vocabulary of what I would call colorful language from classmates are wondering what the heck I have done to my kids. Point in case, the school has a mesh of kids from all kinds of backgrounds and a number from families that are just not parenting their kids. I cannot blame the school how the districting is done; but seeing this is a platform to help others make a decision. I give this school a poor rating because the educators are in a situation they cannot control. We are moving out of state because this school seems the norm for WA schools. Better funding perhaps will change the demise of this and other schools. All in all, the experience has been nightmarish for our kids and family.

Posted August 26, 2011
I know the parent who gave the poor review of Mr. Pike and the school. I would love to put her name in bold print like she was allowed to do. She might want to take parenting classes rather than slandering our wonderful principal and school. She failed to mention her son spent more time in the office than in the classroom. He was a disruption to the learning process. The child had such a filthy vocabulary which was directed at my daughter and her friends. Mr. Pike came in and put a stop to it. The mother also failed to mention the police were called to school because of her child's behavior. Mr. Pike was instrumental in making Lakeview a warm and inviting place for both my children to grow and learn. The teachers are intelligent and hard working. The test scores have been highest in our district more than any other school in the past ten 13 years. This school is by far the best elementary school in Moses Lake. Way to go Lakeview!

Lakeview Terrace Elementary School 2

Posted January 28, 2011
I do not know what these other parents are talking about mr. Pike is often gone and has no when asked questions as to whats going on.there are way to many kids in my forth graders class. His teacher ms. Talbot is great but seems over worked. The test scores are low and the school doesn't seem to care. Next month my son will be enrolled at sage point they seem to have a better school.

Posted September 08, 2009
I have a Kindergartener and a 4th grader and the school is great. Mr. Pike is understanding and easy to work with along with the teachers. Mrs. Harris is my youngests' teacher and she is awsome!

Posted October 28, 2006
Both of my children are now attending Lakeview. Kindergarten and 2nd grades. Now in 2nd grade she is excelling. She is even working on the concept of algebra with her father at home after school. Our youngest is in kindergarten now and is a wild spirit. After just a few months i have watched her become intrigued with learning. I could not be happier. My children are individuals and they teach them as such. They also have a great new principal. In my opinion there is no better school around and its free!

Posted September 08, 2005
- a administrator

Posted February 24, 2005
My son Hayden is in Kindergargen, I am just so pleased with what he has learned, he looks forward to going to school. His teacher, Ms. Pooly deserves much of the credit. I also give credit to all the teachers and the principle for doing such a wonderful job with our kids.

Lakeview Terrace Elementary School
780 South Clover Dr, Moses Lake, WA  98837
Last modified Lakeview Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeview Terrace Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top