PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

At first, my husband and I thought we found the right perfect school for our son. We, furthermore, thought that a Christian learning environment would enable our son to succeed to his fullest potential. My husband and I never considered or even crossed our minds to see the demographics of this private Christian school. Mount Vernon Christian School consists of 97% primarily Anglo/White families and 3% mixed/Latino/Mexican families. Mount Vernon Christian School isn't prepared or educated to have, educate, and/or serve mixed/Latino/Mexican families. Our son is Latino/Mexican-American and has endured racial discrimination, harassment of his culture, physical abuse, verbal abuse, and emotional abuse all by white students at Mount Vernon Christian School. The students are cruel, hateful, demeaning, bashful towards other cultures. Concerns were brought to the attention of the appropriate officials and they had no clue how to handle the situation. This school environment is NOT SUITABLE or a Safe learning environment for Latino/Mexican families. The above statement does not include all students. Some, students are educated in accepting other cultures.

Mount Vernon Christian is an excellent school! Please consider it for your child or children!!

I am a current student at this school and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the best school ever with a great envirment the kids are great the teachers are great and the humor is great! My school Is the BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter started preschool here this year, and she came home learning so much. I can't believe how much they learn, and how wonderful the teachers are. The staff is very compationate and great with the kids. I visited many other preschools before choosing this one, and we found this to be the best environment, and the best place to start our daughter at. Everything felt exactly as it should.

My son attended here and now my daughter is attending. Wonderful school. Great environment for learning. Highly recommend Mt. Vernon Christian. My daughter loves the school and is learning great values and most of all she is learning about our loving saviour.

Excellent teachers, staff modeling the love of Jesus to the students! My daughter is in 4th grade and loves Mount Vernon Christian.

I started there in the beginning of my kindergarten year in 1989 then graduated my senior year of high school in 2002. The teachers seem very passionate and always willing to learn. God was always mentioned in every class and no teacher was ashamed to talk about God which is just what the school needed. I felt like I learned a lot from the teachers throughout all the years that I was there.

Last modified Mount Vernon Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12