Mukilteo, WA

Posted March 03, 2015
Columbia Elementary is far from the standards of the previous school district (Edmonds) my son attended last year. My son is in special education where the teachers just don't care about the kids, do little to help resolve problems in the classroom, create a very negative learning environment and often point blame at everyone else except themselves. The principal is far from professional, she is a real piece of work especially when she abuses her power and position towards parents who try to defy her. I've heard from some friends of mine that she is one of the rudest, bossy, difficult and clueless principals they've ever met.

Posted April 24, 2014
Excellent school my children loved Kindergarten - third grade here! Teachers were great. There were no problems.

Posted April 17, 2014
Always safe fun and reliable for the children. The teacher and child interaction is amazing and the staff around the whole facility is great!

Posted June 10, 2013
My children have been in Columbia for 3 years and we love it. The teachers are wonderful as are the administration staff. The few things I don't like, come down from the district, not from the school. The principal works very hard to learn every child's name. There is so much parental involvement & I always feel welcome when I come to volunteer in the classrooms or PTA events. I would recommend this school over and over again.

Columbia Elementary School 2

Posted February 07, 2013
Mediocrity! That's what the principal of this school seem to adhere to. Does she not know that the leaders set the standards and the tone of each and every organization? Just because it looks good from the outside does not mean it is any good academically. She dresses well and the appearance of the school is great, but what is lacking is substance in this school; the programs that are implemented lack depth focus. it seems to me that they really have not thought things through and not understood what their goals were for the kids. Although I do have to say that couple of my children's teachers were pretty effective, especially the 1st grade teacher: she gave her best and expected the best from the students as well.

Posted January 17, 2013
Very dissappointed also. Moto of this school is "Solve your own problems". If you have a child in this school you will know this fraise. Principal needs to have a conversation with her staff. ASAP please!!

Posted September 07, 2012
Was very dissappointed in this school. My (at the time) 1st grader was reading and comprehending (per the test scores) on a 4th to 5th grade level and was told by her teacher she was only allowed to read 1st grade level books. I had to call the teacher out on this and fight for her to read books that would actually challenge her. I work full time and couldn't be in the classroom, my child was treated differently because of this by her teacher. My advice, stay away from schools in Harbour Pointe unless you are a stay at home mom who has nothing but time to dedicate to the school. Harbour Pointe has a reputation for being stuck up and pretentious for a reason. We have since moved to the Lake Stevens area and the schools are far better, first week of school and my kids have already had music class and PE. The teachers are all friendly with smiles on their face and the parents don't care what street you live on or how big your house is. LOVE it here.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 29, 2011
Columbia Elementary is an amazing school! The administration staff knows my daughter by name. Her teacher and the principal are very open to parents involvement. They return calls, answer emails and are available for extras conferences after school hours if needed. The school have a great Reading Program and the teachers make the students find love for books and library. No student is left behind and no advanced student is delayed. Her teachers, in kindergarten and first grade, found out the students level and formed groups of different reading levels, which was great. They teach love, respect, responsibility and organization!

Columbia Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2010
I was very dissappointed to learn that Art, Music, and PE are not introduced to the students at this school until grade 3. We came into this district for the highly rated schools but feel that this lack of exposure to specialists will effect the students desire to learn and love more about these areas.

Columbia Elementary School

Posted November 03, 2009
the teachers are the best!

Columbia Elementary School
10520 Harbour Pointe Blvd, Mukilteo, WA  98275
Last modified Columbia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbia Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top