Olympia, WA

Posted June 17, 2014
Amazing and dedicated teachers. Many great opportunities here for kids from Chess Club to Dance Class. My son thrived at Hansen!

Posted December 09, 2011
I went here from Kindergarten to 5th grade and I thought this school was great! I got really good grades and I never misbehaved. Then I had to move to Roosevelt and my grades started dropping and I was getting in trouble. I actually find it funny that some people think the staff at this school "ignored" their students, because that definitely wasn't the case for me!

Posted September 27, 2011
If you are LUCKY enough to get one of the good teachers (about 1/2 the staff), you might get a good education for your child. If, however, you get one of the MANY duds, good luck to you! The principal is beyond useless, and no one at the school or the district will do anything to help you. You and your child will be belittled and marginalized, and you will be stonewalled at every turn. It is also a very insular community, and does not welcome change. I was one of the lucky parents whose kid had good teachers, but I know so many parents who have had terrible problems. Most ended up leaving the school because nothing was done about the situations.

Posted August 12, 2011
This is a terrible school. You need to parent teach every evening to supplement what the child is not understanding. I sat in on some classes where a gifted student constantly challenged the accuracy of his teacher. She made many mistakes in both math and spelling. Children are ignored if they are 'bad'. Hansen doesn't want to be bothered with special needs students, so instead of educating, they ignore or punish the child and demean the parents. Two children were transferred [from the same classroom] to different schools. The school district needs to take notice!

Julia Butler Hansen Elementary School 2

Posted June 16, 2011
Not a bad school but needs to stop the liberal brainwashing. One Evergreen collage is enough.

Posted April 27, 2011
My two daughters loved to go to that school . They have excellent , kind and caring teacher who want the best for each child. They have great programs and staff members who help children to whom English is the second or third language. They have skilled educaters who help children who need a little extra help with reading. The enviroment is clean and friendly. I recomment this school highly!

Posted March 05, 2011
This is NOT a good school to send your child. I have heard from other parents and have had the experience myself that they have a ZERO tolerance for children that have special needs such as epileptic seizures, autism, etc. Also having any type of complaint about the care of your child or that they may need to improve on community events to include all, will be met with indifference, coldness, and in my case a teachers personal revenge. Beware of this school, it is a close knit click of something that resembles my recollections of Germany in the 1930s and 40s.

Posted January 26, 2010

Julia Butler Hansen Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Hansen is a great school to work and teach at. We care greatly about our students and the parent community.

Julia Butler Hansen Elementary School
1919 Rd Sixty Five NW, Olympia, WA  98502
Last modified Julia Butler Hansen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Julia Butler Hansen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top