Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It seems that these teachers get bounced around from other schools that do not want them and end up in Orting.

Amount of homework: Agree

Seems right on, no complaint here from this area. Good question to ask. Thank you

Develops character: Disagree

The Culture.... how these kids are raised. Todays society. When you let the kids live this way, they become this way.

This small town atmosphere hurts minority kids. My daughter has been going to Orting High school for a few years now and is a Junior, and you can say that the mostly white student base here and the attitude of the kids has hurt my Hispanic daughters view of the world. She has been told that she needs to go back to Mexico. When I see a pick up truck drive through the school parking lot with a huge Confederate flag posted center in the bed, I have to pause and think if we should move from here. Small town? Yes it is, and you can tell with the closed minded kids not seeing how today's society is.

Orting HS has a very "small" atmosphere yet big ideas that are accomplished with goals set at the beginning of each school year. The students are all in all friendly and up beat. I enjoy the staff very much.

it's a good school with great teachers and staff

My son has been at OHS for two years now. He has some 'issues' that are taken very seriously by all staff. The Director of Special Needs Children is phenomenal! My son's grades have gone from failing almost all classes to a 3.6! What does that tell you that are considering having your children attend OHS. OHS has the best staff and communication of ANY school I have attended or had any of my five children attend. GREAT SCHOOL!

I have 2 children in OHS. I like the school. I really like the staff. I know there are things that can be improved upon as with any school. I am also tired of parents complain because they don't know what's going on with their child. They have family access here. I can for check grades and missing work online. Any time I have contacted a teacher (by phone or email), they are more than willing to work with me to help my children get better. Parents are just as important in their childrens education as the schools.

This school has gotten really bad over the past couple of years. There is no discipline and no leadership. The school is so overcrowded.

Totally disgusted with the school. We have lost a lot of good teachers and the new administration is lousy. In comparing other schools, Orting schools are way behind. If your child is in sports he/she should do well, if not, expect problems. Special Education department is terribly inept. Great after school activities for younger kids, not much for teenagers. Great parent involvement for Junior/Seniors and sporting events. I encourage you to evaluate the type of education you want for your child before making this decision.

Last modified Orting High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.