Posted March 24, 2014
I've written on this page before; I've tried to give information about James McGee Elementary in Pasco, WA. My granddaughter is now in 1st grade and has an awesome teacher. Although my granddaughter is a little behind, her teacher is going the extra mile to help her be successful. She approaches us with a great smile and always speaks positive words. Which shows me she is a great leader, mentor, and compassionate person for all kids. The principal walks around the school while the kids are outside playing and she is outside when the last bell rings and the kids are leaving. She approaches parents with a smile and takes the time to talk parents around her.

James Mcgee Elementary School 3

Posted February 18, 2014
I agree with so many of the other comments, the front office staff and principal are cold and often unhelpful. They seem bothered to do their job. I am disappointed that the VP brown left she was accessible and helpful but the only one. Now for the teaching, I loved both my daughters kinder garden teacher and her first grade teacher. Now her 2nd grade teachers I am not pleased at all. They have horrible cominication with parents and when your child is with someone for 7 hrs a day you expect to be able to communicate with them. The school also seems to be extremely disorganized and this does not help cominication. The school district has openeda new school and that should help however I'm just not satisfied with the school and we are leaving the area. I know her previous teachers were amazing however their support staffs faults lead me to wider about the other teachers here. It's not horrible just not for me I need more organization and communication from a school. To be honest I think it is the school districts fault for failing to monitor the schools principle and staff.

Posted August 15, 2013
Between the schools issue with being over crowded, and being very unorganized as a whole, The Staff in the front office could use a memo on friendliness, and the teachers and principle never seem too happy to be there either :( I really have no good comments.

Posted October 30, 2011
I had 3 children that attended McGee and we loved it! The teachers, principal and other staff members were very friendly and I always felt like they cared of my children and were fair in their handlings. My children loved going to school there.

Posted October 17, 2011
I have two children that attend McGee and am very pleased with the teachers and other staff members. The school is overcrowded, but the district is working to resolve that issue.

Posted December 28, 2010
I just wanted to begin by saying that if you are going to leave a comment about how "terrible" the teachers and school are, please use proper English and appropriate spelling! It makes you appear very ignorant, and I believe your comments are ignorant as well. My daughter is a second grader at this school, and has been going there since she started school. The teachers are so wonderful! Her first grade teacher even came and watched her sports practice outside of school! The education my daughter gets is very good, and she is performing above average! Don't listen to the people above you, it is a very good school with caring teachers!

Posted November 30, 2010
The principal is hursh and ignorant. The school is ovelhemed and many teachers does not have necessary experience. The blond principle with over "painted" face is very ambitious. With character like that I doubt she can hire someone good.

Posted November 04, 2010
My son has just stated kindergarten here. We had read the reviews and intended to move from the area before he began school. I didnt work out and he started here at Mcgee. Neither him nor us are happy with his Kindergarten teacher. We are seriously considering to move him to a different classroom. Does anyone have any suggustions on who they think are the best Kindergarten teachers at this school? Thank you for your input.

James Mcgee Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2010
while i belive thier are some great teachers at mgee i feel that demenor and mood is set by the principal and unfortunatly mcgee does not have a good one. i have four children three have attened mcgee two are still there and i have one more due to start school there soon. I'm feed up with the way they handle things and belive they need a new principal to get a new start . like i said there are some great teachers there but they are not the ones in control of the school. It saddens me that when i reach out for help the teachers that have helped me with my sons special education rights and the bulling at school have felt they have to do so qiuetly and with out other school staff knowing so. I would love for things to chnage by the time my youngest enters

James Mcgee Elementary School 3

Posted February 25, 2010
While I think the teachers and parents are great, I agree with the other commenters. The front office staff is not friendly. The principle is the main disappointment for this school. She comes across as distant and cold. I don't think this job choice is a good fit for her. Other parents I have talked to are also intimidated by her, so imagine how the kids feel. When I've talked with her, I don't feel like my concerns were taken seriously. I try to avoid her and deal with the vice-principal who is very sweet and is obviously interested in the well being of the kids. Also, the parking lot situation is unbelievably horrible.

James Mcgee Elementary School
4601 North Horizon Dr, Pasco, WA  99301
Last modified James Mcgee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Mcgee Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top