Bad
Good

I would highly recommend this school to anyone! I have had children here for the last 6 years and it has only improved. When my children started here there was around 1000 students, due to overcrowding in the district. Now with 2 new schools in West Pasco opening up in the last 2 years, there is now just over 600. With less kiddos, the school staff is less stressed and you always see the Principal and vice principal around the school interacting with the students. It is great to see kids of all ages excited to visit with the principal's:) They also started a positive rewards program this year and the kids are thriving with it! Always so excited when they are rewarded with "Mustang Money" that they then can exchange for a small prize or save up and buy the Principal's chair for the day! The teachers have all been awesome and many actually went to McGee themselves:) PTO also is very involved in helping the students and staff of McGee in anyway they can. I am proud to call my kiddos McGee Mustangs!!

Kids went to this school for four years, and efforts were made to improve safety during that time: fenced playground, traffic revisions, new principal. The only down side to it is how overcrowded it is. Lots of portable classrooms out back, no time for lunch as they rush them through because of the overcrowding. The boys and girls club is right there too for parents who work past school hours. Teachers are great and it is in a safe location, overall a good educational facility.

I've written on this page before; I've tried to give information about James McGee Elementary in Pasco, WA. My granddaughter is now in 1st grade and has an awesome teacher. Although my granddaughter is a little behind, her teacher is going the extra mile to help her be successful. She approaches us with a great smile and always speaks positive words. Which shows me she is a great leader, mentor, and compassionate person for all kids. The principal walks around the school while the kids are outside playing and she is outside when the last bell rings and the kids are leaving. She approaches parents with a smile and takes the time to talk parents around her.

I agree with so many of the other comments, the front office staff and principal are cold and often unhelpful. They seem bothered to do their job. I am disappointed that the VP brown left she was accessible and helpful but the only one. Now for the teaching, I loved both my daughters kinder garden teacher and her first grade teacher. Now her 2nd grade teachers I am not pleased at all. They have horrible cominication with parents and when your child is with someone for 7 hrs a day you expect to be able to communicate with them. The school also seems to be extremely disorganized and this does not help cominication. The school district has openeda new school and that should help however I'm just not satisfied with the school and we are leaving the area. I know her previous teachers were amazing however their support staffs faults lead me to wider about the other teachers here. It's not horrible just not for me I need more organization and communication from a school. To be honest I think it is the school districts fault for failing to monitor the schools principle and staff.

Between the schools issue with being over crowded, and being very unorganized as a whole, The Staff in the front office could use a memo on friendliness, and the teachers and principle never seem too happy to be there either :( I really have no good comments.

Worst leadership ever. Cruel and ungodly principal.Not her calling. Son was hurt and never got a call or a bandaid came home bloody and crying. Told me not to complaine or principal would punish him.Daughter scared of principal if you complaine she will isolate child. gives preffered treatment to staff children in school.office staff gossip about childrens and parents personal information I have seen them laugh at special needs child.86,000 of our tax dollars to this principals pocket every year. Assistant principal needs a promotion and not be afraid of principal.

I had 3 children that attended McGee and we loved it! The teachers, principal and other staff members were very friendly and I always felt like they cared of my children and were fair in their handlings. My children loved going to school there.

I have two children that attend McGee and am very pleased with the teachers and other staff members. The school is overcrowded, but the district is working to resolve that issue.

I just wanted to begin by saying that if you are going to leave a comment about how "terrible" the teachers and school are, please use proper English and appropriate spelling! It makes you appear very ignorant, and I believe your comments are ignorant as well. My daughter is a second grader at this school, and has been going there since she started school. The teachers are so wonderful! Her first grade teacher even came and watched her sports practice outside of school! The education my daughter gets is very good, and she is performing above average! Don't listen to the people above you, it is a very good school with caring teachers!

The principal is hursh and ignorant. The school is ovelhemed and many teachers does not have necessary experience. The blond principle with over "painted" face is very ambitious. With character like that I doubt she can hire someone good.

Last modified James Mcgee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.