Bad
Good

South Kitsap High School 5

Posted September 17, 2014
Great teachers, students are very polite and friendly, lots of opportunities for students academically and with after school activities. Very large but that gives students lots of opportunities to be involved. Scheduling is sometimes difficult. Sports teams are good. Some of the building could use updating.

Posted September 26, 2013
South Kitsap High school seems like a very good school so far. My daughter is a sophomore. The school is just so crowded. There should really be another High school in the area.

Posted September 26, 2013
south kitsap highis very crowed. staff seems to have a good handle on running the school

South Kitsap High School 5

Posted July 21, 2013
Amazing school I have never been to a school where all the teachers are willing to help every student out. There are so many choices of classes and opportunities to take advanced class that earn college credit. I went to Vashon island but was very disappointed they have a major drug problem and teachers are not willing to help out or provide extended learning opportunities and extra-curricular programs. South Kitsap is by far one of the best schools on the peninsula. Many of my friends went to gig harbor h.s. and peninsula h.s. and they all wish they would have never gone there because south cared and allowed for greater opportunities.

Posted July 06, 2013
Graduate of 2010. Suffered severe health issues in my senior year and because of the 7-absence penalty I almost didn't graduate on time even with documents on my poor health caused by the social anxieties of the school's overcrowding issue. Major drug problem with the kids on campus. Too many kids fall through the cracks because teachers didn't have the time to help them out. My sister is going through the same nightmare I went through, and she's in poorer health than me (it runs in the family). So far they've lost her health records twice, and she's had to purchase books outside of school because of the constant shortage regardless of the endless amount of fundraiser events. All they ever talk about is why there shouldn't be another school even though it's heavily overcrowded, because it would cause conflict between the sports teams. Speaking of sports, their physical education curriculum is outdated by 46 years.

Posted September 12, 2010
I'm a current student at SKHS, this is my first year attending the school, and I do not have a good first impression of it. There are two things that stick out the most when I started going to this school: One, it's overwhelmingly crowded and two, other students. The first one is very self explanatory, but when you come to other students...there are several teens that look like druggies, are noisy, and use obscene language. There's PDA going on in every corner. I try to make friends, but I just feel unwelcome and exiled from a majority of students. It's hard to come across good friends now a days. Everyone just seems to want to stay with people they only know...Then when it comes to the Guidance Office! Ugh, I feel that they don't promote students that really care about their education too well when it comes to class changes.

Posted January 14, 2009
I am a former student who just graduated. Sure, sports are a big part of the school, as it should be. High school isn't all about academics. If you want an academic challenge at this school you have to find it. If you need help, teachers and staff were always willing to help me out. I had fun there. It surely isn't for everyone. And as for bad teachers: every school has them, you have to expect more in a school where there are 2500 students!!

Posted November 15, 2008
Very scary place. A scary school in a scary town. Do not send your children there.

Posted May 13, 2007
I am a 2003 graduate of South Kitsap High School. The 3 years that I spent at South were not always the best. However it was not until my Junior and Senior years of high school That I found teachers and people that really cared about what my long term goals for my future were. Mrs. Gabrielle Nelson who taught my Junior and Senior English courses was absolutely amazing! She is an amazing encourager and was one of my key influences when I chose to become a teacher. The others that have greatly influenced me were not at South but at West Sound Technical Skills Center in Bremerton. I found my time there to be fruitful and it ultimatly underscored my immense passion for teaching this next generation and to call them to a higher standard of not only academic excellance but immense pride in themselves.

Posted April 19, 2007
The school didn't care about students or anything other than sports and money. Even if you had a club or other group that made money, they took it for sports. Academia was completely ignored unless you were lucky and got some of the great teachers.

425 Mitchell Ave, Port Orchard, WA  98366
Last modified South Kitsap High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Kitsap High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top