Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We had a young man living with us for one school year while his parents were displaced. He hadn't regularly attended school or gotten passing grades since the 6th grade and he was in the 11th grade the year we got him. They worked with his IEP, communicated with us on a routine basis about his progress and got him caught up with a combination of traditional classes and online classes thought the year.

As senior at this school, I wouldn't recommend south to anybody, the halls are to crowded along with several other reasonside, but the most important is the bullying, administration doesn't do anything to stop it unless it's right in front of their face so they have to, I along with a couple friends have been dealing with two other students who constantly harass us, administration has know about this for almost a month and nothing has gotten better, if anything it has gotten worse, making some of us not want to go and risk graduating

Great teachers, students are very polite and friendly, lots of opportunities for students academically and with after school activities. Very large but that gives students lots of opportunities to be involved. Scheduling is sometimes difficult. Sports teams are good. Some of the building could use updating.

South Kitsap High school seems like a very good school so far. My daughter is a sophomore. The school is just so crowded. There should really be another High school in the area.

south kitsap highis very crowed. staff seems to have a good handle on running the school

Amazing school I have never been to a school where all the teachers are willing to help every student out. There are so many choices of classes and opportunities to take advanced class that earn college credit. I went to Vashon island but was very disappointed they have a major drug problem and teachers are not willing to help out or provide extended learning opportunities and extra-curricular programs. South Kitsap is by far one of the best schools on the peninsula. Many of my friends went to gig harbor h.s. and peninsula h.s. and they all wish they would have never gone there because south cared and allowed for greater opportunities.

Graduate of 2010. Suffered severe health issues in my senior year and because of the 7-absence penalty I almost didn't graduate on time even with documents on my poor health caused by the social anxieties of the school's overcrowding issue. Major drug problem with the kids on campus. Too many kids fall through the cracks because teachers didn't have the time to help them out. My sister is going through the same nightmare I went through, and she's in poorer health than me (it runs in the family). So far they've lost her health records twice, and she's had to purchase books outside of school because of the constant shortage regardless of the endless amount of fundraiser events. All they ever talk about is why there shouldn't be another school even though it's heavily overcrowded, because it would cause conflict between the sports teams. Speaking of sports, their physical education curriculum is outdated by 46 years.

I'm a current student at SKHS, this is my first year attending the school, and I do not have a good first impression of it. There are two things that stick out the most when I started going to this school: One, it's overwhelmingly crowded and two, other students. The first one is very self explanatory, but when you come to other students...there are several teens that look like druggies, are noisy, and use obscene language. There's PDA going on in every corner. I try to make friends, but I just feel unwelcome and exiled from a majority of students. It's hard to come across good friends now a days. Everyone just seems to want to stay with people they only know...Then when it comes to the Guidance Office! Ugh, I feel that they don't promote students that really care about their education too well when it comes to class changes.

I am a former student who just graduated. Sure, sports are a big part of the school, as it should be. High school isn't all about academics. If you want an academic challenge at this school you have to find it. If you need help, teachers and staff were always willing to help me out. I had fun there. It surely isn't for everyone. And as for bad teachers: every school has them, you have to expect more in a school where there are 2500 students!!

Very scary place. A scary school in a scary town. Do not send your children there.

Last modified South Kitsap High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.