Posted August 25, 2013
My child transferred in to NKHS mid-year. THis could have been a disaster any where else but the team at NK made sure he found his place. Class choices were excellent and opportunities to get involved are abundant.

Posted April 23, 2013
My child has attend NKHS for the past 2 years and we have been looking for a new school mid way through the first year. There are some wonderful, dedicated teachers here but the behavior of the students toward each other and toward the teachers is atrocious. Overall, the students create a hostile learning environment by constantly disrupting classes, picking on one another, using vulgar and insulting language when addressing teachers, and spreading vicious rumors about anyone they don't like. I have never encountered kids who are so disrespectful, intolerant, close-minded, ill-mannered, unwelcoming and down right mean. Bullying in all forms is rampant; the school is so big and over crowded that the administration has been ineffective in bringing it under control. Newcomers beware, you will not be greeted with open arms. This is not a welcoming place, you will face being excluded to the point of being ostracized, hated, and have a very difficult time making friends. Your child will get an education here but the cost to their overall well being is too high.

North Kitsap High School 3

Posted November 10, 2011
I am very concerned. I haven't checked this site in years. But it seems the school's in Poulsbo are declining! I moved our family here all the way from Arizona. We did extensive research about the quality of schools in Poulsbo. And at the time that rating was pretty good. I am worried now that my children are almost done with elementary that they are going to be entering into a less than satisfactory middle school and high school. Is this the case? Many of the reviews here are outdated. Can anyone offer up some current information please? I am rating the school "average" because I have to rate something and I honestly have no idea how it is. I figure an "average" rating won't hurt or help undeserved.

Posted October 09, 2010
It has a highly-trained staff, an excellent AP program, and a reform-minded principal.

Posted February 19, 2010

North Kitsap High School 2

Posted June 05, 2009
North Kitsap lacks honors curriculum and true preparation for college.

Posted May 11, 2009

North Kitsap High School 2

Posted May 10, 2009

Posted November 03, 2008
Greatest school and top morals and good school spirit. North Kitsap High School is the best in the west

Posted October 09, 2008

North Kitsap High School
1780 NE Hostmark, Poulsbo, WA  98370
Last modified North Kitsap High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Kitsap High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top