School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Fun, positive & welcoming! This school is focused on learning and helping all students succeed. There is an incredible amount of school "spirit", teachers care deeply and there is a focus on respect and good citizenship. There is a great vibe & lots of clubs and activities for students to get involved in!
September 09, 2015

Bad
Good

Kalles Junior High School

Posted September 09, 2015
- a school leader

Posted March 23, 2015
dis skoo iz coo und i lik it vry mutch cuz i is vry ejumukatid?

Posted June 28, 2012
Excellent school and teachers. Great communication with parents. Very supportive and helpful staff. Love the downtown location.

Posted August 24, 2011
its only been prep day and i love kalles the students are eager to learn and the teachers and principal are really nice now ive only been to prep day but excellent start!

Posted November 25, 2009
The best! My 8th grader attended this school for 2 yrs. As a parent, I can say that Kalles has some of the best teachers. They strive to keep students challenged and focused. They keep parents aware of whats going on with your student. I love these teachers. My son loved the school and wishes we didnt have to move. Mrs. Blumenthal and Mrs. Grabenski keep up the awsome teaching! Hoooah!

Kalles Junior High School 4

Posted May 20, 2009
As a parent of a seventh-grader in the PAGE program, I have been pleased with the rigor and depth of the curriculum. Chinese is offered as an elective, Algebra is offered to qualifying 7th graders and the instruction is thoughtful and engaging. The building is two years young and the rules are enforced in a positive manner.

Posted January 01, 2009
Okay, so I am a current ninth grader at Kalles, and I think that overall the school is great. The staff is a bit over enforcing on the discipline though. We could all make that better by relaxing a little on the rules and regulations.

Kalles Junior High School 3

Posted June 22, 2008
I am currently a 9th grader at Kalles and i believe this is a great school overall for education but, The staff are very rude and the punishments are way out of line. Discipline is a major letdown at kalles because it is over enforced

Kalles Junior High School 1

Posted February 23, 2007
I am wondering why my seventh grader is doing the same homework as my 4th grader, my seventh grader is bored stiff why not challenge all of these students way more. I remember seventh grade being so much harder, I had a poor GPA, but wow was I ready for college where I got nothing less than a 4.0, all 6 years. Our children are missing being exposed to excellence, no excuses, I am watching you with grave disappointment. Is this how we want to bring our children into adulthood? I don't think so, these children will one [day] run the world, a world will not have standardized tests a world where knowing how to learn on your own will be the utmost importance, I do not believe it is happen, how about testing the teachers,instead of the students and make sure they are up to date and competent to really teach our children well.

Kalles Junior High School
501 Seventh Avenue SE, Puyallup, WA  98372
Last modified Kalles Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.