Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I was bullied tremendously freshman year; especially on the basketball team. Maybe that can explain why we only won a single game that year.

Academically Redmond is great, but the sports are terrible. Basketball coaches keep the rosters from the previous year, and other sports already have their favorites in mind. They completely disregard your talent and potential if they don't know you and your parents. Also I witnessed and experienced a lot of bullying on those teams. Not to discourage anyone from trying out, but don't be surprised if you don't make it.

This school has been a terrible experience for us. The counselors tell blatant lies and will only backtrack if you follow up with the school district. They will resort to threats if you do not agree with them and refuse to help or advise. Except for a couple of sterling teachers, most of the staff has no interest in the kids and only do the bare minimum to get their paycheck. Teachers don't arrive for prearranged meetings and don't answer emails. The online system is often not used. Communication from the school is always lacking. The management staff keep complaining the school is too big for them to do anything. Our child's results and confidence suffered while at this school. We will never recommend Redmond High.

Two reasons for an unfavorable review. 1) RHS has gotten too big to manage – academic example: they send you a letter asking if you are interested in something, but when you follow-up with them, they have no idea why they sent it, what classes it is referring to, or what action the parents should take. 2) sports – the coaches have absolved themselves of wanting to teach the kids. They are looking for ‘natural talents’ who can take them to State or their desired competition. It has nothing to do w/ the kids anymore. All Coach-ego based. The drop in Great Schools score is an indication of the downward trend of this school and it will continue until Superintendent starts directing attention towards this school.

A school with an attitude. We've had two children go through Redmond High, and are soon to have a third. Perhaps the best way to describe the environment is to say that it seems like a bunch of freelancers. Teacher quality is generally good, but sometimes teachers seem to be on their own path altogether, without feeling answerable to anyone. And we had the very unpleasant experience of having explicit, written parent instructions overridden by an associate principal, leading to a devastating consequence. One of our children had a 504 plan, and when I learned that none of his teachers was aware of it, I spoke with the 504 coordinator. He told me it "wasn't his job to make teachers aware of the 504." Essentially, it was mine. So if you have kids with special needs, be prepared to be a very assertive advocate.

Bellevue or Issaquah schools, in that order, are much better. Fewer police looming with drug-sniffing dogs, which are a buzzkill. Huge and generic, noisy and factory-like. If you avoid it - do so.

Our school is ranked amongst the best in it's variety of courses, best educational experience, and most greenest campus amongst the nation's schools, making it to the elite lists of these topics. Our school has not yet made it to the top yet, so let's help it make it there!

I've spent most of my childhood moving from school to school, my price to pay was my actual education. Moving to Redmond caused a dramatic turn from the path that I had been following. My grades rose, my social life flourished, and home problems seemed to disappear. The school itself provides a wonderful atmosphere for the kids that attend. The teachers work very hard, actually care about their students, and Love what they do. I've never seen a student who has had trouble (of any type)be unable to approach a teacher, to ask a counselor, or to even go to a fellow student for help. As for programs and departments, RHS is strong in just about every department. It offers a wide range of programs and extracurricular activities for the students, and mostly by the students. Teachers encourage students to be active, and the kids oblige, making this school strong.

Please, please send your kids to this school! I also attended Eastlake HS for my senior year, trust me Redmond has better prepared me for college than any other school BY FAR! This school is nurturing and sets high standards which most students achieve. Staff and teachers are WONDERFUL, you won't find better teachers or a better education at any other school in the area. Students are friendly and accepting, and I always felt welcome there.

Dispite the problems that the administration has had, it has undergone some incredible change. With the new change all i see is improvment. My time spent as a student was mostly spent slacking off and thinking of better things to do. But when I can still walk into any class room and have the teachers remeber me, that has to mean somthing about how much they care; Even about the students that do slack off (such as myself) Now I would like to draw a spot light on one very special teacher to me, Mr. Robertson, also known as Ert. In my sophmore year he not only was in charge of the band program, but the ASB, the concention stand, and anouncments at football games. He was the only teacher that I actualy looked forward to his classes. He is so devoted to his personal life suffers cause of it

Last modified Redmond High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.