Fairwood Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Fairwood Elementary cares about the well being of their students. The teachers challenges their students according to their skill level. They care about their safety and makes sure that they are home with their parents when they do not show up for school.

Posted March 02, 2014
The parent involvement at Fairwood is amazing, and most of the teachers are great. However, the caring attitude toward individual students is just not there. Supervision of children is lacking, especially at the front office. The attitude of the front office staff towards working parents is quite rude. As a working parent, I cannot always be in the "inner loop", so I often have questions or need to call ahead from my workplace to find out more information about school events, etc. I am often meet with a rude attitude when I have questions. Also, the school doesn't always know where my child is, and that is the lack of supervision part. "It's the child's responsibility", um they are children. It is the adult's responsibility to know where the children are. It almost makes me nervous when I cannot locate my child. If you didn't go to this school since kindergarten or are not highly involved in the PTSA, quite frankly you are not a part of the "inner circle" culture of the school and are treated differently. It makes me sad for families who may not speak the language, or for new students, that they treated as lesser people.

Fairwood Elementary School 2

Posted December 05, 2013
The Explorer Program did not work for my family. I regret the time spent in this program. My child was bullied and was not treated fairly by the teacher. There is no "whole child" concept at this program as was stated. We are now at a different school and my child is in a class with a wonderful teacher. My child is very very happy!

Posted June 01, 2013
The only thing positive about this school is the teachers. They care about the students and do the best they can with the lack of support from the Principal and District. As a parent I expect that our children's safety and education would come first. But this is not the case at Fairwood Elementary. Apparently it is OK for students in a classroom to kick, hit, spit, bite and throw sharp objects on a daily basis. There is not one day that goes by that my daughters classroom is not severely interrupted, and education stops. Students get rewarded for their bad behavior by going to the principals office and "talking" about their actions. Then they are allowed back into class to continue disrupting. This school and district is only concerned about meeting core standards and budget needs. THIS SCHOOL NEEDS HELP FROM THE STATE TO PROVIDE GUIDANCE ON HOW TO DEAL WITH DIFFICULT CHILDREN.

Posted October 12, 2012
Parent involvement at Fairwood is amazing! You could not ask for better programs. Bullying though is a big issue at Fairwood. Responses to bullying are weak. At recess if kids are "popular" (yes, this is going on even with kindergarten) kids are excluded, picked on and harrassed. The more Iisten to children from the school and parents I realize how big the problem is. Good neighborhood and PTA, but my child is miserable there, and I will be moving her to a school with teachers more active in creating an antibullying environment.

Posted May 16, 2012
A great elementary school! Teachers have lots of energy! The music teacher is very inspirational! Very active and supportive PTSA!

Fairwood Elementary School 1

Posted September 30, 2011
I am very glad my children do not attend this school. I have found the teachers to be rude and discourteous. I have found the teachers at other Kent Schools to be quite effective. These teachers must have been the lowest on the seniority list.

Posted October 05, 2010
Fairwood Elementary was one of the best elementary schools my son ever attended. We moved a couple of times in his early years, so we experienced a few different schools. The leadership at Fairwood is helpful and understanding, yet does expect kids to live up to a standard (a realistic one). Both the teachers my son had were absolutely wonderful! I would highly recommend this as an elementary school. THe only drawback to this school is the Junior High that it feeds into - Northwood Middle School has not proved impressive, in fact quite the opposite.

Posted August 12, 2009
I've been very pleased with Fairwood Elementary. The parental involvement truly makes a difference here! My son has really enjoyed his experience at the school, and we are both pleased with programs that are available to students (such as foreign language, science enrichment after school, math games club before school, choir, orchestra, drama, etc, etc). This school has a very mixed socio-economic base and diverse student body, but it is cemented by its excellent teachers, superb parental involvement, and numerous opportunities for students to grow and excell. I should also mention that Fairwood Greens (the surrounding subdivision) is a great neighborhood to buy into...it has a very neighborhoody feel...good social interaction, strong HOA, and homes are a steal right now (and no I'm not a realtor).

Posted January 28, 2009
My son goes to kindergarten here and his niece is in 1st grade. they both love it, they have excellent programs and a very good PTA

Fairwood Elementary School
16600 148th Ave SE, Renton, WA  98058
Last modified Fairwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top