Bad
Good

I was a very nervous parent about my daughter going to middle school as it turns out this has been the best year of her schooling this far the 6th grade has brought much growth. The 6th grade team goes above and beyond to make sure that each student is successful. Basically they rock! The after school OTS programs and school sports have been very positive she has built some strong friendships during these activities. The band program has been a real confidence builder as well. I love to hear her stories each day of her lunch crew experiences they have a real blast. The schools focus on tolerance and understanding for all has been exceptional. The school is very diverse and it is really teaching her lots of different views. As the year is coming to an end she is not looking forward to the summer because she will miss school and her friends - this is something I never thought she would say!

I am an 8th grader at Denny now and I really enjoy it. Looking back at the reviews from a few years ago is a bit depressing. Since moving into the new building they have really stepped up their game. My older sister went to what everyone refers to as 'the old Denny' and I know that since then bullying has gone down a lot. Every school has it's flaws, and the administrators are a bit off I'm their judgement, but it is tolerable. (Most) of the teachers are really nice and good. The exception would be a few elective teachers (*cough cough Spanish) and only a few others. The orchestra program has definitely been improved, and I can say this from personal experience. In sixth grade and for the other students a few years before, we were taught by a woman who literally everyone hated. She switched jobs and in seventh grade we had long term subs. This year we have a real full time teacher. Overall I would say Denny is a great school, and I would definitely recommend it.

Our daughter has attended this school since 6th grade, she is now in 8th grade. We have not always been thrilled with her attending this school, it was not our first choice to begin with. This has been our experience: In 6th grade she had a teacher who bullied her, the principal was no help. In 7th grade shecwas bullied by another 7th grade student while in class. Again I had to get involved and get the principal, dtaff and tesvhers to take this seriously. A no contact was signed by the bully. 8th grade the teachers are abit more receptive to parents asking questions, don't ask questions to the 6th or 7th grade teachers they do not like parent involvement. As a result she will not be attending the neighborhood high school. Be an advocate for your kids, no one else will. Oh, and the principal needs to listen to the parents and students more.

I am not amazed at Denny. Being a seventh grader in the school isn't easy. I understand that kids will be kids and that the administrators and teachers are doing there best to help but I cant really go a day without being called some completely inappropriate thing! On one occasion I was actually followed home by a kid trying to mess with me, I told the administrators about it and it was handled very efficiently. This does not negate the fact that I was still followed home and I do still get called names and honestly fights break out in the halls or on the field quite a bit! -An unhappy student

I am raising my granddaughter and I was actually afraid to send this child to this school because of experiences I had with my own 2 children back many yrs ago, BUT I have been very impressed by the teachers and the principle, everyone is doing everything in their power to help my child succeed and I could not be happier with her achievements, we had problems with the orchestra program but she has since moved to the jazz band area and couldnt be happier,, thank you staff for caring

our entire district has a problem with science but Denny International Middle School just moved into a beautiful new building and for the first time has ACTUAL SCIENCE CLASSROOMS!!!

im in eighth grade and i recently started this school.I have been here about a month. at first it was ok and i thought i would adjust to it well, but as i went on i found a lot of things confusing. it wasnt horrible, and the international acceptance was great but sometimes the students were just not listened to by the teachers. if they did something wrong, they were just yelled at and sent down to the office. no questions asked. it got so bad that one student got sent down for humming! there are also constant fights. and then the teachers make it worse by handling it the wrong way! i used to attend mcknight middle school before and this sort of thing was unheard of! we had some bad kids but it wasnt nearly this bad! the teachers and administration need to learn to be firm but fair!

i am a student at Denny and so far i think that denny is a pretty good school. i have learned a lot and i am still learning more. the teachers are fun. for example mr. lai is my favorite teachers. hes funny nice and always tries to make math fun. at first when i was a 5th grader i thought denny was a very bad school. now that im in that school in spectrum i really like it. some of my other friends at Madison Middle School wish they went to denny.

I'm a student at Denny and overall I'm very satisfied with this school. The teachers here are fun and easy to relate to, and they still teach us what we need to learn and more. The music program at Denny is excellent, and the advanced learning program is good, too. I think that Mr. Clark is trying really hard to make Denny a good school, he cares about the students and checks up on us individually from time to time. I'm very happy at Denny :)

Principal Clark loves his job and it shows. The schools moto - 'We all belong' says it all. I was nervous about my daughter entering middle school but I have been delighted with the welcoming attitude, focus on learning and commitment to students shown by teachers and staff.

Last modified Denny Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.