Queen Anne Elementary School 4

Posted October 21, 2014
Our kid has gone here since 2nd -now in 5th. We're generally happy at QAE + have liked all her teachers except one. If your kid needs extra help, you need ID it early + be their educational advocate. Not much HW at QAE citing studies that argue its effectiveness. While hours might not be good, a bit of HW to reinforce learning is key. 5th grade does have a bit of HW. Most teachers want your kid to read 20+ mins/day. There's a lot of parent involvement. Lunch runs in 3 twenty minute shifts. Facilities a bit tired: a garden, small gym, covered climbing wall, outdoor basketball court, blacktop (sorry, no grass field), small salad bar at lunch, special ed, childcare, library. Also: blogs for everyone! After-school clubs vary but can incl: math for girls, math, chess, robotics, basketball, debate, art, and programming. I get what one reviewer said about bullying. My kid had a bully incident in 2nd gr + I felt the school didn't address it to my satisfaction. I reported it to the district + asked them to mediate. Almost everyone, incl parents, are friendly. (There's always 1 or 2 sour ones). Principal is dedicated, most teachers are great, curriculum is tech-focused + project-based.

Queen Anne Elementary School 5

Posted July 09, 2013
Excellent, dedicated, well-trained teachers. A very active and supportive group of parents. Thoughtful and dedicated principal who is highly regarded by QAE staff, students and parents as well as by those from his previous school (Coe Elementary). Progressive in their approaches to educating with emphasis on math, science, technology, and project-based learning. Just wish state funding for public schools would dedicate budget to upgrade QAE facilities to match the caliber of their teachers/staff. Overall I highly recommend.

Queen Anne Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2013
It's sad to rate a community school so poorly. We had high hopes for this school. The principal and teachers do not know how to deal with bullying. My sons were severely bullied here and the teacher told us that "he needs to learn to deal with bullies on his own." The principal told us that the students doing the bullying didn't have "a mean bone in their bodies." We didn't receive the items we purchased at the auction, even after numerous emails, and the principal and auction workers were extremely rude to us. My sons were in tears at the thought of going back to this school. Needless to say, we withdrew. I hope this school can improve their leadership and care for all students.

Queen Anne Elementary School 5

Posted August 09, 2011
This school is amazing. The teachers really make this the best possible environment for learning. They are caring, patient and its clear that they come to work each day for the love of children and to make a difference. The principal goes above and beyond by taking an active role just like the teachers by meeting/talking with students regularly to see how he can improve the learning and overall school experience for the kids. I was fortunate to have a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grader at QAE last year..Teacher websites, kids blogs, and homework posted online= so convenient. Each of the teachers knew my kids from the other classes and I loved that the teachers are so open and approachable for my kids as well as parents I loved that I could walk into any of my kids classes at anytime and observe. Teacher websites, kids blogs, & homework posted online is awesome! From field trips on a sail boat and observing and learning about marine life, to an open library fostering a love for reading, or PE everyday (my kids now can unicycle) it is the all around family at QAE that make this an fabulous place for any child to grow and learn.

Queen Anne Elementary School 4

Posted January 01, 2011
Wonderful administration and excellent teachers make this alternative public school stand out from the rest. New this year and still working through things like curriculum plans as an alternative school, but staff is committed and community is very supportive. Large class sizes as in other public schools.

Queen Anne Elementary School
411 Boston Street, Seattle, WA  98109
Last modified Queen Anne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Queen Anne Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top