Shoreline, WA

Meridian Park Elementary School 1

Posted August 08, 2014
Watch your back at this school and this school district. My child was a special needs student because of autism. The school alternates between writing him off as unintelligent and refusing to give him any accommodations. When I requested items be added to his IEP, I was given attitude by his teacher stating, "he's an average kindergartner" and the accommodations I requested would "add work for her." For the record, I took my son in for private testing which showed that not only is he above average, he's superior in intelligence. He just doesn't well in certain group situations, but the IEP teams are difficult to deal with and will write the IEP so vaguely they are of no use. School administration will never contact you as requested, and the school district is full of people that I swear not listening to parents is a requirement.

Meridian Park Elementary School 4

Posted October 04, 2011
We switched to Meridian Park from a private Catholic school in Edmonds and love it! Healthy amount of parent participation, yet absolutely no politics amoungst the Moms! YAY! The teachers work well together, and the principal is a great leader, running about the school smiling and helping to make the school great. My son is quite advanced in reading, and was able to work at his reading level in a smaller group. The teachers try to address the needs of each child in the room this way. Beautiful, clean, newer school, with a large and lovely library. Opps for Highly Gifted as well as The Special Needs child. Year-round after-school clubs. Art docents, music, P.E.. Outside grounds are being redone, so that just adds to the awesomeness.

Posted March 15, 2010
I had one daughter who went through Meridian Park and now another one is on her way. The quality of teachers is top notch. They really help cater to you childs strengths and weakness. I am so happy with this school!

Posted November 21, 2008
My child came to Meridian Park last year after our home school was closed due to the district's budget crisis. It was a painful time for kids, families & teachers. In the 2007-08 school year, MPark was especially impacted and many new students arrived. We were apprehensive about our son starting a new school and meeting new friends. He has social issues so our concern was valid. I have to say that it has been a wonderful experience for our family. Everyone at MPark has been supportive, and my child has adjusted amazingly well. The new Principal Mrs. Jessee really understands the individual needs of every child & they love her! Everyone - teachers, support staff - have worked to help him become a challenged, responsible student. There are lots of extra curricular classes, math club, chinese/spanish. His old school was great, but MPark is a perfect fit for him.

Posted October 02, 2008
Great teachers and staff, involved parents, diverse community!

Posted May 22, 2008

Meridian Park Elementary School 0

Posted March 12, 2008
I love this school and all that it has to offer. The programs are so good for my daughter. She has had a rough life, and Meridian Park has given both of us so much support. Thank you.

Posted October 14, 2007
Without question, this is the best school in the entire district. Its math and chess teams are peerless, its faculty are the epitome of amazing, and its extracurricular activities are quite interesting. The only issue I found was that there was an evident animosity between students in the Highly Capable program and the Traditional Education program. Both sides contributed to this conflict, but its intensity decreased as the years passed. By sixth grade, it became a nonissue and everyone seemed to reconcile.

Posted November 28, 2006
Meridian Park is a wonderful well rounded school. Is is a rainbow of programs and different cultures. There are many great extracurricular activities that kids can do. I had my mind set on putting my kids into Private school but missed kindergarten enrollment so they went to there and I am glad. The teachers are very competent and compassionate and the administration is responsible. I don't believe that I could find a better school and will dread the day when they leave for middle school. Meridian Park is the place for kids and parents to grow!

Meridian Park Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
Meridian Park has a great Highly Capable program and extra activities for just about anything you could want - tournament chess, unicycle, cooking, languages, indoor soccer, etc. It's been a wonderful experience for my child and the only complaint I have is that I wish it would go to 9th grade.

Meridian Park Elementary School
17077 Meridian Ave North, Shoreline, WA  98133
Last modified Meridian Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meridian Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top