Silverdale, WA

Posted February 03, 2014
I like the school for many reasons. Basketball team is an embarrassment with new coach.

Posted November 05, 2013
Klahowya in my opinion is the best kept secret in Silverdale. Son graduated last year and it was a fabulous experience all the way around. For those who say it is not a sports school, they are really doing well with all of their teams. They are gaining more and more respect in the community. A+++ school awesome teachers. Love it!

Posted June 14, 2013
After 5 years at KSS I can honestly say I wouldn't put my children at another school in the ck district. I have watched my children soar. I'm very involved and for the parents saying that they don't get enough notice on homework and tests please remember this is partly on the Student. They should know when things are due. KSS is a good school. Proud to have Eagles at home and look forward to continuing to see the kids succeed.

Klahowya Secondary 1

Posted April 19, 2013
While this school is friendly and student oriented, it does absolutely nothing to drive its students success. The staff does little to nothing to accommodate parent requests. Test taking is not a skill taught at this school and the teacher mentality is that the student is always 'right' but could do it better. This is an illogical application to real life and shows in their MSP scores. The MSP average is HALF Central Kitsap and they have more students and more students per teacher! I advise everyone take a look at the numbers not opinions before enrolling your student to a school producing the lowest number of college graduates in the county!

Posted December 30, 2011
I have been to over 7+ schools, due to military, so I know the feeling of not fitting in. So I dedicated my time to studying, and Klahowya does not have the best library around, however it does its job. I love the fact that, its not really a home environment, but a friendly work environment. Highschool is the hardest time for a kid to fit in, and if you don't fit in with one crowd you are welcomed in another. Whether you be a nerd, jock, emo, ect. Klahowya is not a sports school, in my opinion its more of an arts school. You can find creative kids anywhere in the school, and you will find kids carrying around sketchbooks. The marching band is the best, placing 1st or 2nd in any competition, and there is plenty of kids in marching band, with their handful of percussionists XD. So Klahowya isn't a sports school, not the end of the world. Another thing about Klahowya is the classes. The teachers I have had are amazing, they work with you if you are falling behind or slow. However, they won't babysit you and tell you over and over again if you need to turn something in. I wish I could write more, but I gave my rating based on my opinion, now I am running out of room. Anyways, Thanks

Posted August 09, 2011
I've gone to kss for three years now, and everyone there is pretty chill. Way less pressure to fit in than other schools I've been too. I take grades seriously and am in honors/ap classes, and they're all good. The students and teachers are mostly very accepting people and that's pretty rare in high schools.

Klahowya Secondary 0

Posted April 12, 2010
I homeschool my 8th grader. I used to homeshcool my other one, who is now in 10th grade at Klahowya. I am now going to take him out of 3 of his classes and start him in the off campus program. I agree with the person who posted on Aug. 28, 2005. They haven't changed since then. You still get notified when an assignment wasn't turned in, but not when something is due before it's due. My son is failing 3 of his classes, partly because of him, but also because I don't know when tests are, and he doesn't write it down. The school makes it mandatory to buy a student planner, but then doesn't make the student use it. What good is that?

Posted August 24, 2009
as a student who has moved many times and many schools klahowya is the best school iv been to the staff is awsome and blends well with us stdents. i plan to stay till my seinor year. ap programs are awsome.

Posted August 24, 2009
I would not send my child to any other school in the ck district other than klahowya. my child came from a privet school I feel klahowya is 10 times better and is a public school

Posted December 02, 2008
The staff really care about the students and try their best to improve the quality of education every year.

Klahowya Secondary
7607 NW Newberry Hill Rd, Silverdale, WA  98383
Last modified Klahowya Secondary is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Klahowya Secondary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top