Bad
Good

Glover Middle School 1

Posted November 17, 2014
My son started out as a 7th grader this year and we are pulling him out after barely 2 months. We are so disgusted with not only the poor quality of academics and ridiculously low test scores but with the teachers and administration in general. There is a lot of bullying that goes on here and have heard several instances where teachers turned the other way to avoid having to get involved. The office staff can only be described as cold and uncaring. The school is ugly and falling apart, they are horrible at getting information out to the parents and when we did try to get involved and attend the PAC (their version of PTA) only 3 parents total (including myself) even bothered to show up. I was willing to give Glover a try but after these last 2 months I feel I owe my child an apology and just hope he is able to recover his love of school and learning and can shake off this horrible experience. I would not recommend Glover to anybody, unless your child is a juvenile delinquent which they seem to specialize in. They share a school nurse with 7 other schools but have their own full time police officer on staff and have 10+ kids who wear ankle monitors. Not a positive environment.

Glover Middle School 5

Posted April 24, 2013
This school has been great for my two children. We have been very pleased. Glover middle school is preparing children very well for High School. I've only had two minor issues. The P.E. class uses a heart rate monitor to essentially grade each student. The kids who are "in shape" can't participate in many games or activities because they have to keep running, or jumping in place to keep up their Heart rate (if they want a good grade). It is WAY overused. Not a very fun PE experience. This is just a PE class so in the big picture it is a minor issue. The other issue was a bizzare grade given in an orchestra class. I imagine these issues can happen at any school and I consider them minor. Again we've been very happy with Glover Middle School.

Glover Middle School 4

Posted April 10, 2013
Not sure how long the principal has been with GMS, but I think he seems like a great guy who understands and cares about the child's individual needs. This is derived from the fact that my daughter, who is a current student, is considered "highly capable," most commonly known as gifted. She was enrolled in Tessera and when we went to enroll her in Odyssey, the program was full. She needed to be challenged more than a day a week. I requested for her to skip 6th grade in order to achieve some form of challenge. I received A LOT of resistance from her elementary school principal, as I anticipated, and no help. I brought my concerns to the GMS principal. He LISTENED and said the right thing-- that I know my daughter better than anyone else and if I felt that was in her best interest to be at GMS, he had no problem letting her in. She and I couldn't be happier. GMS also has a wonderful math program where 7th graders can do algebra (9th grade level) and geometry for 8th grade (10th grade level) and take an EOC test at the end of the year to obtain high school credits. The algebra teacher helped her get up to speed during the summer to get her to where she needed to be for algebra, too.

Glover Middle School 1

Posted April 12, 2011
I absloutly do not recommend this middle school for any one that has a child with special needs,they are not attentive to those needs,but would rather throw your kids to the sharks as long as they move on out of their hair

Glover Middle School

Posted November 25, 2008
most of the teachers are kind and caring abou t the students needs but the school really needs an update

Glover Middle School 2

Posted December 30, 2005
Great teachers. Admistration could care less about the kids.

Glover Middle School 3

Posted October 07, 2005
I went to Glover Middle School and now my daughter does too. I loved it. Everyone was kind and it was a great life experience for me.

Glover Middle School 2

Posted August 30, 2005
Academics are pretty poor. Band is simply awful, unbelievable.

Glover Middle School 5

Posted April 30, 2005
Exceptional School with great teachers. Band, Choir, and orchestra programs are wonderful. All three groups scored higest score possible at contest. Great school to go to.

Glover Middle School
2404 West Longfellow Ave, Spokane, WA  99205
Last modified Glover Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.