Bad
Good

Posted February 02, 2014
The principal is personable and engaging. She will take strolls through the school addressing the students with optimism. All the kids know her and love her. The teachers are amazing; nurturing and encouraging, true academic guides for success! But what stands out to me from many other public elementary's is their dedication to anti- bullying; on or off of school grounds! It gives peace of mind to many parents.

Posted April 10, 2012
This school has been EXCELLENT for my family! The principle and all of the staff are very approachable and friendly! I love Madison :)

Posted December 10, 2009
Wow! maybe we should be positive and make the best with what we have. It's sad that you must think this way. I believe it is sad to read reviews like this. Madison is an awesome school with great teachers and people working together to provide education for our children.

Madison Elementary School 3

Posted December 03, 2009
Madison has great teachers, 2 years ago they got a new pricipal and I truly feel it will be the downfall of the school. It seems Madison islosing the battle now. It isa sad to see.

Posted October 03, 2009
My Granddaughters love going to Madison school. The teachers and staff are the best.

Posted October 03, 2009
The granddaughter I am raising has attended Madison since kindergarten; she's now a fourth grader. The staff is wonderful! Madison has also been awarded the 'Blue-Ribbon' school distinction.

Posted June 10, 2008
My son just finished his kindergarten year at Madison. It is a wonderful place to learn. The teachers and staff are dedicated and know all the students by name. They just won recognition as a Blue Ribbon School from the Dept of Ed. Mr. Perdue is a great leader and will be missed as he is being transferred to another school next year so he can help them improve.

Posted July 05, 2007
Awesome school. Very friendly people. Made my kids feel welcome.

Posted January 10, 2006
We,grandmother&grandfather,saw a granddaughter through two years at Madison when Mike Cosgrove was principal and the child lived with us;we now have a grandson(for whom we provide childcare for almost daily) in 2nd grade, and a kindergartner granddaughter who also lived with us and now attends Madison when she visits.We know certain of the teachers quite well and ahve observed others. I'd have to say Madison's highest praise goes to its teaching staff and also to Raelene Coster and Linda Adams from the office staff. Teachers of special note are Ms.Denae Johns,Mrs.Eileen Mabee,Mrs.Ellen Rush,Mrs.Bambi Howe,Mrs.Walthers. We are impressed with both the interest of the teachers and the encouragement of parental involvement. These are educators who really care about our children.Madison scores high on WASL tests consistently.The students are encouraged to participate in school musicals and plays, and here I should mention music teacher Mrs.Nielsen,always enthusiastic about each new crop of pupils.

Posted February 18, 2004
My husband and I are grandparents raising two granddaughters; the elder is attending Madison for the second year. We are delighted with the staff of this school, as well as its academic rating. I am impressed by how willing the staff is to communicate and work with children's caretakers.

319 West Nebraska Ave, Spokane, WA  99205
Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.