Bad
Good

I attended Stevens back in 1963 to 1968, it used to be a big brick building, would love to see some of the old pics of this school. Mrs Clizer (not sure of spelling) was my 1st grade teacher, we all walked from regal st to school every day, it was such a safer time. Daniel Hansen

My children have been attending this school since September 2010 and they like it very much, as do I. Whenever I have an issue or a concern, they respond immediately by either telephone or note. My daughter has a "making friends" issue (she is a very studious girl and very smart and the other kids keep clear of her or treat her with scorn so she just doesn't try to make friends cause in her mind, she wonders 'what is the point?') So anyway, I sent a note to her teacher asking her if she noticed any problem with my daughter and the other kids in the classroom. She called me on her lunch break and we discussed it. I requested an intervention type aqusition and having my daughter introduced to other studious, gifted children. Since they complied with my request, she is doing wonderfully :). My son, well he has had a few issues with other children and when asked to investigate with the little information I could offer, his teacher went above and beyond to help. I really like this school and I am glad my children are in a great teacher enviornment.

given the fact that this school is in what is considered a high crime area, I feel that the teachers are doing an exemplarly job of teaching the kids and go above and beyond to make them feel like valued human beings, even when it gets tough. 3 out of my 7 kids have been going there from Kindergarten through 6th grade, and my oldest is a Peacemaker this year. The bullying is being addressed in the best way they can, and I feel its been alot more effective than at other schools my family has been to. If there was more money in the distric budget and GOD FORBID more PARENT INVOLVEMENT, we could probably have more extra curricular activities.

The adults working at Stevens really care about the kids- from the teachers to the principal, specialists, office workers, and aides. They do their best to help students in a community where education is not always valued and student behavior toward other students and adults is sometimes deplorable. The parents who care and support what is going on at school make a huge difference.

The teachers don't have there act together there the children are out of control the violence is to much. Ive never had so many problems with a school that I've had with this school. As soon as possible iam going switch my kid.

The teachers are fairly nice and helpful. The bullying that goes on at this school is unbelievable. And the educators are overwhelmed and not able to put as much time as need be into helping out the students.

Last modified Stevens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.