Posted October 03, 2013
Awesome School .... Felt very welcome when we switched our boys from district 81 out to the valley.

Orchard Center Elementary 2

Posted June 12, 2013
As the school year comes to an end, we are moving just to get our child away from this school. Huge bullying problem through all the grades. great lack of leadership. The principal blows a lot of hot air, but no real action. The receptionist, Trish is cold and unfriendly. Save yourself a lot of hassle and try Seth Woodard Elementary down the way, I always hear glowing reviews from other parents and wish we would have put our child there first!

Posted May 08, 2013
My daughter went to Orchard Center from Kindergarten to 5th grade and we loved every minute of it. She was actually "choiced in" as her daycare was in the school district. I volunteered for 5 years to run the Fit for Bloomsday after school program and got to know a lot of the kids. The principal was awesome and truly cares about the kids. All of my daughters teachers were awesome and when she had a problem with reading in 1st grade they had her in a special program to help her out. She did great and never had a problem since. We now live in the school district as she is in middle school and just love WVSD all the way around. I would send her there again in a heartbeat. She got a great education by caring and involved teachers/principal. Parent involvement may not of been that great but in this day and age both parents have to work. There were always great turnouts for bingo night, "Donuts for Dads/Muffins for Mom", student of the month breakfast, school carnival, etc.

Orchard Center Elementary 1

Posted March 31, 2013
no communication, and the staff/principal of the school tend to rely on the excuse "we are a low income neighborhood and don't have involvement of parents" as a way to distract from their shortcomings and huge lack of organization.

Orchard Center Elementary 2

Posted March 31, 2013
NOT the school to have your child attend it they have special needs like ADHD, Autism, or others. They are VERY behind on special education services and needs. Huge lack in communication. If your child is a "star student" and does not require much, they will probably do fine. However, if your child is developmentally behind don't count on the staff to inform you of progress regularly. When your child does struggle to meet academic objectives, the blame is pointed at parents, a typical staff scapegoat. There is no consistency in staffing aides or schedule for your special needs student. We will be looking into a different school this next school year, as Orchard Center is ill equipped to deal with learning disabilities. The past 2 years at Orchard Center have hindered the success of our special needs child.

Posted June 22, 2012
My husband and I love this school. All of our children have gone to Orchard Center and three are still currently attending. They all have excellent test scores and I have nothing but kind words to say about the principal and the rest of the staff. I love volunteering regularly and I ALWAYS feel welcomed into the school. I hope the other negative reviewers child gets such a great education elsewhere that he or she can teach their parent that neighborhood is one word :)

Posted June 22, 2012
My student has attended OC for the past 3 years, and we've been extremely happy with the school, teachers, staff, and students. We feel that the teachers/staff go the extra mile to help the students. The Principal is fair and has great leadership that the students look up too. We have a great core of parent volunteers that are there to help our students! I highly recommend our school! My son attended another school for a year after moving to the area and he was unhappy and was glad we moved into the OC area.

Posted May 11, 2012
I just read the review by a parent who was not very happy with Orchard Center's Quality of education. It was very discouraging. I am a grandparent to two Orchard center students. I have been involved from time to time in some of the school activities. I only have great things to say about their teachers and staff. They not only care about teaching students who fit in the box of standardized education, they go out of their way to teach "special needs" students. This process of including those children in each classroom is very enriching for kids who would not otherwise be exposed to people who are not exactly like themselves. The teachers go over the top to include all the children in their education in practical involvement in their community and their environment as a whole. Perhaps the best thing would have been for those interested in what really goes on in the school to attend some of the classes and assemblies and observe what really goes on instead of looking at statistics. Sometimes the best thing to do is to join in the education process instead of trying to change it.

Orchard Center Elementary 1

Posted May 10, 2012
They have been on academic probation for quite some time now. We went to speak with teachers about how the school got there and what they were doing to change here are a few of the answers we got. It hasn't changed for sometime and trust me it isn't going to be changing anytime soon We don't have parents who involve themselves so what more can we expect Then we went to speak with the principal his BIG excuse that he kept saying was, "Demographically speaking we are in a low income neighbor hood. Parents don't have the time and don't put in the effort." So because we live in a low income neighbor hood my family members do not deserve a good education. We tried helping with programs and trying to get the school involved we waited all year and at the end of this year we have made the decision to switch schools. Nothing has changes lots of talk but no action. I actually went to find out about enrolling my children there before we knew this. The secretary couldn't give me any info on the school and when she went to ask the principal he wouldn't come out of his office to greet us he sent her back with a sticky note with a web address on it. So who not participating Orchard Center?

Posted March 01, 2010
This school has helped my child so much!

Orchard Center Elementary
7519 East Buckeye, Spokane, WA  99212
Last modified Orchard Center Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Center Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top