Sumner, WA

Posted December 25, 2013
From what I've heard, Daffodil Valley is a great school! My friend went there and she loved it. All of her teachers were great! Daffodil is a great place for Elementary school aged children to learn!

Posted January 08, 2011
DVE is an excellent school! I have had children attending for the last 8 years, and as our last year here, I will say that we will really miss DVE. The teachers are so energetic and friendly and the principle is a powerhouse - she gets so much done for the school and is a real cheerleader for the kids. I have always been so impressed with how welcome the staff make parents feel - they encourage participation in the classroom. I have also been impressed with how involved they are with PTA events - volunteering alongside the parents. The gifted program is excellent and the Self-Manager program is something that the children really work for. We have been blessed to have our children be a part of this wonderful school.

Daffodil Valley Elementary School 0

Posted March 02, 2010
Daffodil has wonderful teachers and excellent test scores. But when it comes to discipline and consistency with bad behavior you might want to think twice. There is no discipline at this school. It seems that they feel sorry for our children instead of helping them learn positive but stern discipline. I want my child to learn that when you do wrong you have to suffer the consequence no matter what. That does not happen at this school. There is no follow through.

Posted March 02, 2010
Daffodil has great teachers and wonderful test scores. But when it comes to discipline there is none!! i feel as a parent there needs to be more discipline for those students who do not follow the rules. I have heard from others that because of the poverty at dve there tends to be no consequences for negative behavior. Instead it is rewarded because home is not a good place for some of these kids. Well what about our kids who have good homes. They still need to learn there is a consequence for every action. Children respect you more when you discipline and love all together. I think my child may need to go to maple lawn instead so they can learn what the real world has in-store for then. Dve discipline staff needs to get it together and start disciplining!!

Posted February 17, 2010
Daffodil is an excellent school! There is great diversity in the student population, which makes for a positive, tolerant environment. The principal is dynamic and sets a high bar for the teachers. Teachers are young, energetic, and bursting with the latest in elementary educational method. They are friendly, open and available to parents. I also love that they are so supportive of all the school activities! You don't find many teachers that attend PTA functions regularly and will go out of their way to be a family's advocate. I am so happy to have my child in such a unique and well-run school!

Posted October 22, 2009
Think twice about enrolling your child in this school, especially for part time kindergarten which is a joke. There are also no consquences for bullies.

Posted May 26, 2009

Posted April 09, 2008
I got very fed up with this school. The Principal tries to be more of a friend than a disciplinary, thefore, there are many many problems. My child has been hit on several occasions by other students at recess. After telling the staff and principal that I want a phone call to let me know my child was hit, they never complied. I still had to hear this disturbing news by my child after he got home. There is not enough supervision on recess. Two duties is not enough for 3 different grade levels out on the playground at one time. They don't know what is going on. Whenever I tried to get something done about this, I was treated as a 'hostile parent'. The children are out of control due to the non exhistant dicipline being taken. I suggest if you have problems, take it to the Superintendant.

Posted January 09, 2008
Daffodil Valley is a very unorganized and badly run school. You should think twice about enrolling your children there. I am pulling my 2 children out of the school mid year because they can't seem to get things right. I had an office associate call me about my son and when arriving at the school found out it was actually someone elses son. They don't have the resources necessary for children with disabilities nor can they keep their other students straight. I would hate to be called because of a real emergency only to have it be someone elses child. I would be very upset to find out that they called someone else for my children. And that's the least of my trouble with this school.

Daffodil Valley Elementary School 2

Posted November 27, 2007

Daffodil Valley Elementary School
1509 Valley Ave, Sumner, WA  98390
Last modified Daffodil Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daffodil Valley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top