Bad
Good

My fourth child will be starting here this year. We love this school. The teachers do all they can to help set the kids up for success. The only thing Downside is the congruence a are not as personalized as I would like.

This school has a atmosphere of bullying. My children came to this school in 2014 and there have been numerous incidents of both my children coming home bruised and the school's idea of taking care of this issue is to say it doesn't happen. The principal actually blamed my children, saying that they were homeschooled so they are the problem, never mind that my neighbors child has to play in the library everyday because they are also bullied. Horrible administrative staff!

This is my daughter's last year as a Thompson Tiger. We feel blessed to have been a part of such an outstanding school. From the principal down to the custodian, everyone has been supportive and caring. Suzanne Gayda did an awesome job leading the school for many years. However, I am excited to see what the new principal, Chad Honig, will do. He was so instrumental in bringing the "No Excuses" culture to the school. It has been such a tremendous change in the school's environment in the past 2 years. It was already a great school and now it is an OUTSTANDING school thanks to "No Excuses."

My son is currently in 2nd grade, and we've loved every moment at Thompson. From the first day of Kindergarten, I;ve felt that the teachers have supported my son in both academic and social areas. The office staff and principal are friendly and attentive; the teachers are dedicated and aware. The PTA seems to always be lacking in communication, but they do great things for the kids. I am proud that our family is a part of Thompson!

Last modified Chester H Thompson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.