Bad
Good

Chester H Thompson Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
This school has a atmosphere of bullying. My children came to this school in 2014 and there have been numerous incidents of both my children coming home bruised and the school's idea of taking care of this issue is to say it doesn't happen. The principal actually blamed my children, saying that they were homeschooled so they are the problem, never mind that my neighbors child has to play in the library everyday because they are also bullied. Horrible administrative staff!

Posted August 04, 2012
This is my daughter's last year as a Thompson Tiger. We feel blessed to have been a part of such an outstanding school. From the principal down to the custodian, everyone has been supportive and caring. Suzanne Gayda did an awesome job leading the school for many years. However, I am excited to see what the new principal, Chad Honig, will do. He was so instrumental in bringing the "No Excuses" culture to the school. It has been such a tremendous change in the school's environment in the past 2 years. It was already a great school and now it is an OUTSTANDING school thanks to "No Excuses."

Posted October 28, 2009
My son is currently in 2nd grade, and we've loved every moment at Thompson. From the first day of Kindergarten, I;ve felt that the teachers have supported my son in both academic and social areas. The office staff and principal are friendly and attentive; the teachers are dedicated and aware. The PTA seems to always be lacking in communication, but they do great things for the kids. I am proud that our family is a part of Thompson!

Posted May 17, 2005
Thompson Elementary has a great staff. The principal is strict, but in a very caring and wonderful manner. The teachers work well with parents and includes them in their child's academic process. If there is a problem, they contact you immediately instead of letting the problem get bad before they call you. Everyone I met there is friendly, helpful, and has a great attitude. I would highly recommend this school if you are in the area.

Posted May 12, 2004
I am extremely happy with Thompson Elementary. The teachers care about the kids, and the school has taken drastic measures to improve the education that the students are receiving. It is a wonderful school. My kids love Thompson, and they love to learn. They have been extremely fortunate to get two of the best teachers in the world, and my kids are just thriving. The take home reading program is absolutely wonderful, and has really made a difference with my kids. Thanks Thompson for giving my kids the best!

Posted June 16, 2003
Teachers stay in touch with parents and let them know what is going on in the classroom at the end of each week. The principal is quick on her toes and is supportive of the Teachers and the students. The parent involvement could be more. I do see quite a bit though. Overall, this School is great. It has an afterschool program as well. I think that is great for the children and parents.

Posted May 24, 2003
I am currently a volunteer for the after school learning center and I would like to see more parent involvment, such as volunteering, etc.

Chester H Thompson Elementary School
15605 B St East, Tacoma, WA  98445
Last modified Chester H Thompson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chester H Thompson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top