Tacoma, WA

Posted March 17, 2014
I have 3 children that attend this school and I am not happy with the overall setup. Their is a fist grade teacher who wears a crown and when she wears this crown the students can't talk to her. My child kept coming home with marker all over her clothes because another student wanted to color her. The teacher would tell her to go sit down that she has the crown on. There was another time when my child was crying from a headache and asked to go to nurse office she was told no and to stop being a cry baby. Then their is another teacher who doesn't communicate at all. I found out that my child was not completing in class homework when she was home sick and I requested for missing homework to be sent to office. There was 36 missing assignments that went to office. I should have been notified when there was no more than 5. I feel like they set child up to fail by doing these things. One of my children hates going to school because of things like this. I have had enough and will switch school districts

Posted February 03, 2012
I have two children attending this school and I have not been happy with them at all. They do not inform the parents of upcoming events, nor do they respond to notes or voice mails. I would love to be more involved in my kids school activities but they have given me no opportunity to do so. Most of the work the kids do is at home with me teaching them. I am disappointed in the overall experience I have had with this school so far. If it does not get any better we will be looking into other schools next school year.

Posted June 19, 2011
the staff is very helpful, respectful to parents and students. My daughter doesn't adjust well to change and they helped accommodate that as much as possible. Great school!!!

Posted June 03, 2011
Im just so happy with everything this school has to offer, not just educational, but also personal as well. These wonderful teacher and staff are above n beyond words!! well AWESOME comes to mind.. I being a single parent with a child with a birth defect couldnt ask for more support. they have shown true care and concern as if my child was their own.. Im grateful and content with this school and staff!!

Posted September 07, 2009
Love this school the teachers are great and what a wonderful principal she remembers all the kids names and will call them by name and say hello. Teachers go out of their way to help with teaching your child.

Naches Trail Elementary School

Posted December 14, 2008
Im not to happy with the school i love the staff.But my daughter is in forth grade and need help in reading and they do not provide it for kids beyond third. bascicly shes a lost cause .We are taking both our kids out after brake .

Posted August 27, 2008
great school, great teachers with a very caring principal

Posted February 27, 2007
All of the staff is polite and helpful. They really care about the kids and strive to surpass standards. I am very pleased with the level of intelect and kindness of all the staff. I love that they still dress-up for halloween and all holidays are celebrated,and respected. The kids love it too!

Posted November 07, 2006
I think Naches Trail is a great school. My grandson is learning and growing by leaps and bounds. He has had great teachers, including the one he has this year. I am very happy with this district and especially this school.

Posted October 15, 2006
I have 2 children that go to this school and have all of their school years, I am not happy with this school, the children have had good teachers for the most part till this last yr my youngest has a teacher that is very rude to the children, tips over desks to help clean them and also the principle will always back up any teacher or staff, I am unhappy since my children are older and more open to tell me what is really going on, I believe them and as someone else said, I just try to teach them not to be like one of there teachers now. I feel this school needs help and the PTA is more into making the school look cool than into learning they buy toys, signs and not books, Another words, More material than worried about learning. Good luck, We are moving!

Naches Trail Elementary School
15305 Waller Rd East, Tacoma, WA  98446
Last modified Naches Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Naches Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top