Tacoma, WA

Skyline 3

Posted July 26, 2013
I am a parent of a soon to be 3rd grader at Skyline and have mixed feelings about this school. When I first moved my daughter to this school Ms. Owens was the principal and I thought she was an amazing principal with a lot of passion for her job. She was always walking around talking to the kids and parents. There was high expectations of the students which I liked. My daughters teacher, Ms. Dismount, was a wonderful teacher. Anyways this last year the principal and some of the teachers switched schools and I feel the school has suffered from it. I'm hoping things get better and more organized so I don't have to switch schools again. I'm sick of finding out how much "free time" my daughter has because she finishes her work so quickly. This tells me the work should be harder and they need to help the students that are advanced just as much as the ones who are behind. My daughter shouldn't be bored and doodling in a notebook.

Skyline 5

Posted September 06, 2011
Every member of this staff have opened and embraced as many children as they can. Every staff member I met knew who my child was without having to see him. they are caring and open hearted even to tougher children. Becky Owens the principal is absolutely amazing as are all of the teachers. we moved but transfered back into district just so he could continue to go to skyline.

Skyline 3

Posted April 05, 2005
- a former student
The teachers at this school have great care for their students. Their always open for discussion before and after school for students needing any additional help. The school has a well developed musical program that includes both orchestra and band. The only negative feedback I have on this school is the lack of extracurricular activities and lack of a foreign language program.

Skyline 4

Posted December 07, 2004

Skyline
2301 North Mildred St, Tacoma, WA  98406
Last modified Skyline is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyline Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top