Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 01, 2016
I love this school, I went to Whittier, followed by my niece and now my daughter! The staff are incredible. They really went above and beyond for my niece who had serious behavior issues due to problems at home. They made a huge impact in managing her and helping to prepare her for her future. They are understanding and always communicate everything and put whats best for the child first. Teachers have spent thier lunch and stayed after for both girls making sure they are learning what is needed. They have helped us with resources and I always feel my child is in good hands when i drop her off. We moved to puyallup for two years, during that time I commuted (about 2-3 hrs a day) the girls to and from everyday to ensure they stayed at Whittier. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I cannot say enough on how great they are!! Thank you to all the staff and the Fircrest community!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 01, 2016
All the staff, the last 3 principles, everyone it the office, especially Shelly! And all of the teachers and counselors to help both Alex Oehlerich and Jasmine ford successfully complete 5th grade!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 18, 2015
Thank you Miss Kay for being such a great teacher! I love how you get the families involved in their child's education and you are a joy to communicate with. The world would be a better place if we had more teachers like you!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 18, 2015
My son has amazing teachers! I am very fortunate to have my son in a class where they really put in the time and effort for every student. All the time, my son talks to me about how much he likes his teachers.

Posted October 18, 2015
My son has wonderful teachers, they really care about the children. It's only October and they have already had some amazing activities/events: Autumn Craft Fair, Rollerskating, Clifford the Big Red Dog helping with the crosswalk, Pie Sale Fundraiser, low priced pictures, and more! My son looks forward to going to school EVERYDAY! Also, my son seems to learn something new every time he goes to school. Thank you Whittier for being such an amazing school!

Posted June 19, 2013
I really love Whittier! I have had kids at Whittier the last 7 years with one that graduated out of the school last year and this upcoming school year will have 3 kids in Whittier. We are looking to move and am desperately hoping we can stay near so my kids can still attend there! The staff is very warm and inviting and my kids have had some really awesome teachers! I am so glad we have been fortunate enough to not have to switch school thus far!

Posted October 10, 2012
Very happy with Whittier! I have a daughter in 1st grade and a preschooler who both attend and love school! The teachers are caring and proactive in helping each student. Teachers want parents involved and push students to achieve their highest potential. PTA is very active along with the community as a whole. Whittier is an exceptional elementary school.

Posted February 01, 2012
My son loved the school and the teachers are the best. Everyone is very nice. The kids are well prepared for middle school. We miss Whittier.

Posted March 04, 2010
We have been very happy with Whittier teachers, staff and principal. As a whole, they are very supportive and quick to address parent and student concerns. Great school!

Posted October 04, 2009
We have the best staff in Washington State! And we have an awsome student body as well. I feel safe dropping off my Daughter each school day. I know she is getting the best education that pierce county has to offer. Whittier has instelled a love of learning in my Daughter. She has loved each teacher and she has thrived there as well.

777 Elm Tree Ln, Tacoma, WA  98466
Last modified Whittier is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.