Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I love this school, I went to Whittier, followed by my niece and now my daughter! The staff are incredible. They really went above and beyond for my niece who had serious behavior issues due to problems at home. They made a huge impact in managing her and helping to prepare her for her future. They are understanding and always communicate everything and put whats best for the child first. Teachers have spent thier lunch and stayed after for both girls making sure they are learning what is needed. They have helped us with resources and I always feel my child is in good hands when i drop her off. We moved to puyallup for two years, during that time I commuted (about 2-3 hrs a day) the girls to and from everyday to ensure they stayed at Whittier. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I cannot say enough on how great they are!! Thank you to all the staff and the Fircrest community!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son has amazing teachers! I am very fortunate to have my son in a class where they really put in the time and effort for every student. All the time, my son talks to me about how much he likes his teachers.

My son has wonderful teachers, they really care about the children. It's only October and they have already had some amazing activities/events: Autumn Craft Fair, Rollerskating, Clifford the Big Red Dog helping with the crosswalk, Pie Sale Fundraiser, low priced pictures, and more! My son looks forward to going to school EVERYDAY! Also, my son seems to learn something new every time he goes to school. Thank you Whittier for being such an amazing school!

I really love Whittier! I have had kids at Whittier the last 7 years with one that graduated out of the school last year and this upcoming school year will have 3 kids in Whittier. We are looking to move and am desperately hoping we can stay near so my kids can still attend there! The staff is very warm and inviting and my kids have had some really awesome teachers! I am so glad we have been fortunate enough to not have to switch school thus far!

Very happy with Whittier! I have a daughter in 1st grade and a preschooler who both attend and love school! The teachers are caring and proactive in helping each student. Teachers want parents involved and push students to achieve their highest potential. PTA is very active along with the community as a whole. Whittier is an exceptional elementary school.

My son loved the school and the teachers are the best. Everyone is very nice. The kids are well prepared for middle school. We miss Whittier.

We have been very happy with Whittier teachers, staff and principal. As a whole, they are very supportive and quick to address parent and student concerns. Great school!

We have the best staff in Washington State! And we have an awsome student body as well. I feel safe dropping off my Daughter each school day. I know she is getting the best education that pierce county has to offer. Whittier has instelled a love of learning in my Daughter. She has loved each teacher and she has thrived there as well.

I have 2 children attending this school. I wouldn't have it any other way. Recently my husband was offered a job out of town. He turned it down so that our kids could finish there remaining years at Whittier, they are like family. Everyone knows them by first name and truly cares about them! The atmosphere is loving,caring and appropriate!

I have 3 children who have attended or are attending Whittier. I love the community feel of the school. The PTA is very active and does a great job of non-intrusive fund raising. (Script sales, boxtops, etc). Every teacher that my children have had have been kind, caring, and capable. They take a real interest in their students. I have developed friendships with them through my children. The music program is fantastic! Mrs. Fellows knows every student's name! She remembered and called my youngest daughter by her name even before she attended the school. Mr. Forbes has been a visible principal - always outside before and after school, and roaming in and out of the classrooms. Unfortunately he is retiring this year.

Last modified Whittier is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.