Tacoma, WA

Posted June 19, 2013
I really love Whittier! I have had kids at Whittier the last 7 years with one that graduated out of the school last year and this upcoming school year will have 3 kids in Whittier. We are looking to move and am desperately hoping we can stay near so my kids can still attend there! The staff is very warm and inviting and my kids have had some really awesome teachers! I am so glad we have been fortunate enough to not have to switch school thus far!

Posted October 10, 2012
Very happy with Whittier! I have a daughter in 1st grade and a preschooler who both attend and love school! The teachers are caring and proactive in helping each student. Teachers want parents involved and push students to achieve their highest potential. PTA is very active along with the community as a whole. Whittier is an exceptional elementary school.

Posted February 01, 2012
My son loved the school and the teachers are the best. Everyone is very nice. The kids are well prepared for middle school. We miss Whittier.

Posted March 04, 2010
We have been very happy with Whittier teachers, staff and principal. As a whole, they are very supportive and quick to address parent and student concerns. Great school!

Whittier 0

Posted October 04, 2009
We have the best staff in Washington State! And we have an awsome student body as well. I feel safe dropping off my Daughter each school day. I know she is getting the best education that pierce county has to offer. Whittier has instelled a love of learning in my Daughter. She has loved each teacher and she has thrived there as well.

Posted September 29, 2008
I have 2 children attending this school. I wouldn't have it any other way. Recently my husband was offered a job out of town. He turned it down so that our kids could finish there remaining years at Whittier, they are like family. Everyone knows them by first name and truly cares about them! The atmosphere is loving,caring and appropriate!

Posted April 30, 2007
I have 3 children who have attended or are attending Whittier. I love the community feel of the school. The PTA is very active and does a great job of non-intrusive fund raising. (Script sales, boxtops, etc). Every teacher that my children have had have been kind, caring, and capable. They take a real interest in their students. I have developed friendships with them through my children. The music program is fantastic! Mrs. Fellows knows every student's name! She remembered and called my youngest daughter by her name even before she attended the school. Mr. Forbes has been a visible principal - always outside before and after school, and roaming in and out of the classrooms. Unfortunately he is retiring this year.

Whittier 4

Posted January 30, 2006
Whittier is a decent school... as with nearly any other school, some teachers naturally have more experience than others & have a better rapport with the students. Whittier seems to have an even amount of both. The principal, Mr. Forbes is very nice and is always out talking with the kids. The school has had a recent facelift and is in a very safe location. The only problem we have experienced is lack of communication from the school when our son has had behavioral problems. They tend not to let us know anything's going on until things have developed into a full-blown situation, then take disciplinary actions. One of the nurses also seemed to have an attitude- but hey, every tree has its crabapple. The PTA is always very active with student programs and, considering your other options, I would not hesitate recommending Whittier to anyone who's new to the area.

Whittier 2

Posted September 01, 2004

Whittier 3

Posted January 05, 2004

Whittier
777 Elm Tree Ln, Tacoma, WA  98466
Last modified Whittier is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whittier Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top