Tacoma, WA

Oakland Alternative High School 5

Posted August 31, 2013
This school inspires and lifts the heart. The 2 out of 10 score means nothing. We are small but we have accomplished so much. Dr. Ament, our principal, is a great man and listens to the student and has sent students to leadership camps for two years now. We are not the, "Play Wii and get your diploma" school. We are the ones willing to soar above our potential. Every year our graduating class grows and I am joining that this year. As someone who was once suicidal, run down, and ready to work flipping burgers my whole life, Oakland has improved me to a point where I aspire to be a doctor and I have the grades for it. Give us a chance and we can prove so much to you.

Oakland Alternative High School 0

Posted July 21, 2009
If it weren't for Oaklanad, my son wouldn't have finished high school. The teachers were terrific and urged him to complete his studies. I have the highest praise for this school. Thank you.

Oakland Alternative High School 4

Posted November 06, 2006
Oakland is a very innovative school, but test scores don't reflect the heart. I am very glad my student had the pleasure of attending this wonderful establishment as it was. This school is changing in the fall to more of an occupational school. Before it was work at your own pace, which is the reason my child attended. She wanted to finish high school early. Unfortunately, the long time principal of Oakland has retired. There new principal is more relaxed on some issues, but does not listen to what the students want when choosing what to change. I feel after the changes Oakland will go downhill quickly.

Oakland Alternative High School
3319 South Adams St, Tacoma, WA  98409
Last modified Oakland Alternative High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland Alternative High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top